View this post on Instagram
When all else fails, Rumi.
There are few poets who have so eloquently and so powerfully captured so many different aspects of life.
When I’m down, Rumi.
When I’m scared, Rumi.
When I’m confused about love, Rumi.
When I feel hopeless, Rumi.
These quotes light my heart on fire:
1. “The wound is the place where the Light enters you.”
2. “You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life?”
3. “This is love: to fly toward a secret sky, to cause a hundred veils to fall each moment. First to let go of life. Finally, to take a step without feet.”
4. “Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames.”
5. “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.”
6. “Dance, when you’re broken open. Dance, if you’ve torn the bandage off. Dance in the middle of the fighting. Dance in your blood. Dance when you’re perfectly free.”
7. “When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy.”
8. “Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I’ll meet you there.”
9. “Lovers don’t finally meet somewhere. They’re in each other all along.”
10. “Stop acting so small. You are the universe in ecstatic motion.”
11. “Either give me more wine or leave me alone.”