View this post on Instagram
“Mom, I just wish I could focus better in class but my brain just starts thinking about 12 other things and it’s just a lot more interesting!”
“Well, Peanut, there are two types of people in this world. We are always both kinds, but we are often more one kind than the other kind. There is the kind who do the things they are supposed to do, and they keep the world turning. And then there is the kind who have a lot of ideas, and they keep the world progressing.”
My girl looks thoughtful for a second. “I’m definitely more the second kind of person.”
“Honey, you are infinite.” I look at my sweet daydreamer and I smile at her genetics. She may have a lifetime of struggling to follow directions and zone in on her teachers, but she will have an infinite supply of creativity.
With the words of these high standing individuals, I’m not in the least bit worried about my little dreamer’s future.
1. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” ~ Maya Angelou
Oh, sweet Maya, you’ve done it again. Soul-sinking words that don’t stop at my skin. You speak of abundance. This is beautiful to me. In joy, I rise up to the vision that I see.
2. “The creation of something new is not accomplished by the intellect, but by the play instinct acting from inner necessity. The creative mind plays with the objects it loves.” ~ Carl Jung
Curiosity. Innovation. What if we do this? Move aside your same old ways! Put aside that list! Possibilities galore, I’m on the edge of my seat. Making connections never thought of puts energy in my feet!
3. “To stimulate creativity one must develop childlike inclination for play and the childlike desire for recognition.” ~ Albert Einstein
When I’m wanting to play, I’m in a place of great love. I bloom like a flower with infinite inspiration from above. And when I say, “Look at this!” It’s not out of pride. I’d like to share what I’ve made. I’d rather not hide.
4. “Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine, and at last you create what you will.” ~ George Bernard Shaw
It starts in the heart. I believe this. I do! Not with words but with feelings that lead to a clue. Your mind takes this in and knows what it wants. The stronger the feeling, the more intense the desire, and what wasn’t will then be out of action and fire.
5. “The desire for transcendence is intimately connected with the desire for creativity. It is just as essential to who and what we are.” ~ Marianne Williamson
Creation has been since the beginning of time. It’s where our story starts and as humans we shine. See, we can construct or destruct. Both are in our power, but to create is to love and this we must shower.
6. “The creative adult is the child who survived.” ~ Ursula K. Le Guin
And if I crack a smile at the serious times, it will be in good nature! I’m naturally kind. It’s just that my mouth listens to my mind and my mind is telling jokes. It’s seeing all the stern expressions and the solemn behavior hopes.
I’d like to simply move in a way that feels good. I’m here for more than to do what I “should.”
7. “The chief enemy of creativity is good sense.” ~ Pablo Picasso
Be more realistic? Haha, I am. See all ideas turned to action are very real and on land. Push the edges. Our good senses don’t sense all. Sometimes we need to try what has not been tried! Yep! Sometimes we fall. But creativity and persistence? That’s where it’s at! That’s how we will have the greatest positive impact.
8. “A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others.” ~ Ayn Rand
To simply create out of love—to improve what is there—is the highest form of creation especially if we share. To turn it into a race employs the ego, I believe. And then you’re on your own and lost from divinity it seems.
9. “Creativity is intelligence having fun.” ~ Albert Einstein
There is a way people are intelligent and it doesn’t show on tests! You could memorize a textbook, but have original thought rest! Creativity loves to stir all you already know. It forms brand new connections and it makes our world grow!
10. “The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul.” ~ Elder Uchtdorf
And at last, here it is. This one hits way down deep. It’s the music of fulfillment and the loves whom we keep. Love is creation. It’s expansion and space. It’s words which rise up and it’s beautiful grace. It’s kept close and protected and it’s given away. There is strength in its softness. It’s on lips when they pray.
Creation is love! It’s an incredible force! Sweet Maya Angelou was right! It has an infinite source!