Our Emotional Maturity is a direct reflection of our acceptance of self. The more emotionally mature we are, the more accepting of ourself and therefore others we become. When we lack emotional maturity, it is because we sit in judgment of others, and more importantly of ourself.
What are signs of emotional immaturity?
The list could go on and on, but here are some key points.
• Believing that people’s behaviour is reflective of how they feel about you
• Having a complete lack of boundaries
• Constantly seeking external validation whether through others or ‘things’
• No tolerance for ideas or opinions that differ from your own
What then constitutes emotional maturity?
The following are some examples of emotional maturity.
• Recognizing that someone’s behaviour is only a reflection of how they feel about themselves
• Recognizing that creating healthy boundaries help preserve your energy
• Can validate yourself and use relationships are fulfilled connections
• Understanding that someone’s belief or opinion is based on their own conditioning
How do I move into the spectrum of emotional maturity?
Radical self-acceptance and love my friends! Moving into a space of emotional maturity requires getting in tune with your emotions and allowing them to move through you. It requires looking at the pain, the limiting beliefs and the ‘ugly’ parts of ourselves that sit below the surface of the emotion and meeting them all with acceptance and loving ALL of yourself. It requires patience and trust that the process isn’t instant. It requires us to be accountable for all of ourself.
What is the benefit of moving into emotional maturity?
Freedom! Freedom from judgment of self, freedom from judgement of others. Trust me, the more emotionally mature you become, the more liberation in your day to day you will embrace and feel!