For more: I’m disappointed in LeBron, again.
10 Reasons I’m good with Kyrie being banned from basketball until he gets vaxxed.
1. It’s basketball.
2. This is a pandemic.
3. Pandemics are agnostic: they don’t care about your opinion on twitter. They’re here to kill. We care about people. Lives. Jobs. Loved ones. Economy.
6. Celebrities, influencers, politicians should be held to a higher standard. They’re examples. What they do (or don’t do) influences countless others.
7. The time for hesitation is past. 1,000,000s have died since it became clear vaccines were safe & effective.
8. Kyrie is not a bad guy. But he’s got good info, scientists, teammates around him—yet he bathes in willful ignorance.
9. He should not be the only player held to this commonsense standard. But he is a prominent one. True leaders accept consequences.
10. This is basketball.