Top four things that nearly kill me every day:
1. Folks driving fancy tin cans with wheels relatively fast while texting
2. Folks driving fancy tin cans with wheels relatively fast while talking on phone
3. Folks who can’t breathe and slow down to let me get out of a “share the lane” block without speeding past me into oncoming traffic while I hug the gutter, which is often filled with trash and obstacles and potholes
4. Folks who like to casually drive into and out of the bike lane (I am grateful we have bike lanes)
5. Not lethal, but: folks who open car doors into bike lane without looking first, then say “sorry”
This isn’t a car vs. bike issue. Folks are walking by me right now looking down at their phones the whole time.Browse Front PageShare Your Idea
Read Elephant’s Best Articles of the Week here.
Readers voted with your hearts, comments, views, and shares:
Click here to see which Writers & Issues Won.