Via on Sep 19, 2008

Wow. Two spiritual masters of the 20th century in one video? It’s reminds me of that crappy Sean Connery movie, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen or whatever. Maybe next I’ll find King Ashoka in dialogue with Sitting Bull? Video:

About Waylon Lewis

748 views

9 Responses to “An old, pretentious Krishnamurti talks on and on at a young, deferential Trungpa. VIDEO.”

1. steve says:

Jesus, you’ve already made up our minds about the interview with the title, eh?

Why I don’t read this ‘magazine.’

Take a step out of Boulder,
    Then turn around
    Take a look at where you are
    It’s pretty scary…

2. elephant journal admin says:

Amen, Steve. I did watch the videos before titling…I did think Krishnamurti, who is amazing, talked on and on and was relentlessly intellectual. That said, I’m also guilty of hackery: titles like that get thoughtful folks like yourself to…comment—and back and forth is what makes (virtual or otherwise) community grow and thrive.

3. elephant journal admin says:

Jacqueline Gens Today at 12:58pm
    I actually watched a couple of hours–Krishnamurti talks incessantly without any gap. VCTR hardly says a word but is engaged with an attentive encouragement and good humor that KM easily responds to. It’s clear who the master is here!

4. elephant journal admin says:

Lance Gentry Yesterday at 2:58pm
    very cool, although i dont think KM was ever unpretentious. VCTR shoulda had his own talk show!

5. elephant journal admin says:

John Nemes Today at 4:45pm
    Sometimes I feel like I am on his TV show!

6. Evan Ravitz says:

I think a better word would be tendentious, but that sounds pretentious. Funny, K was trained to be a guru, which role he rejected, but he still has that style. Partly, it’s that he was born in the 1800s. Jeez, life was slow then.

I’m kinda Taoist. We cut through the verbiage with “Those who know don’t say, those who say don’t know.” It’s a conversation killer, leaving lots of time for meditation, instead of talking about meditation, reviewing old video of talk about meditation, commenting on old video of talk about meditation and so forth. But it’s REALLY bad for commerce…

7. Tullio says:

This is profound as very little else is so profound. This is Krishnamurti's way, of course. But when he is in the presence of one with the ability to deeply comprehend his words, he becomes what he knows to be. It is illuminating to hear and I am sure it was so, as well, for Trungpa.

NB: Too bad about the context in which this was presented. Wholly unnecessary editorializing.