Vote here: is Sarah Palin qualified to be VP? So far, 51% say yes!

Via on Sep 21, 2008

Via my good buddy Michael Ramsey, and Fleet Maull:

Let PBS know: Only took me a couple seconds to go to the site, vote and forward this email to about 30 people.  Please do it! Let’s turn this around! Friends, PBS has a short video on Sarah Palin on their website. Also included is a poll that asks: Is Sarah Palin qualified to be VP?

I logged on a few minutes ago and only about 45% had voted NO & 53% had voted YES! Let’s turn this around! You don’t have to give your name or email address in order to vote. It’s simple. Here’s the link, peoples:

http://www.pbs.org/now/polls/poll-435.html  http://www.pbs.org/now/polls/poll-435.html

About Waylon Lewis

Elephriends - Mindful Partners

190x1902-EJ-clothing

9 Responses to “Vote here: is Sarah Palin qualified to be VP? So far, 51% say yes!”

1. Gail says:

No, not qualified.

2. Jeff Bloom says:

There are some disturbing implications to NPR’s online polls.

Here is what I wrote to NOW at NPR:

I am flabbergasted by how the NOW staff can be so irresponsible in posting user polls on your site. These polls can be influential to how the public will vote. However, they are totally invalid and unreliable. In addition, there is nothing to keep people from voting on the same poll multiple times. Just what do you think you are accomplishing? This kind of irresponsible journalism along with the lack of PBS’s ability to do thorough investigative reporting and to demonstrate critical thinking in their journalistic practices is reprehensible (there are a couple of exceptions to this statement, but this is the basic problem with PBS). In an election marked by rampant anti-intellectualism and racism, PBS and NOW decide to promote ignorance and racism. All of you should be ashamed of yourselves.

3. Sharon Hoagland says:

cute, but stupid – we were hoping but not yet.
    Not even Hilary could dissuade me.
    I like Sarah’s hair do. Even the voice is a little distracting.
    but , Oh stupid has got to go

4. elephant journal admin says:

It’s now tied 49 – 49.

5. Charlene Leung says:

6. rosie says:

She’s barely qualified to speak.

7. rosie says:

I think this is fair game! You have to use every avenue to get things out there. I am not saying I like polls or think they are accurate so even more of a reason it’s ok.

8. Kristen says:

The problem with this PBS Poll is that initially it was not closed to “one vote per IP address”, therefore people could vote “multiple” times, therefore rendering the poll not scientific. I know because I did it myself. What PBS needs to do is to issue a new poll where the user can vote only one time.