Where’s Affordable Yoga in Boulder, Colorado?

Via on Dec 9, 2008

Is there such a thing as affordable yoga in Boulder, Colorado? Weigh in, in the comments section, below—and help point aspiring yogis to a mat they can afford in these tough economic times.

Question via Jan.
Message    Hi. I’m trying to find a budget drop-in yoga class in Boulder. To me budget means $5 to $7. Does such an animal exist? I live in Gunbarrel and would also like to find something reasonably closeby. Thanks.

Answer #1: Waylon Lewis, ed.

North Boulder Rec Center
has great classes…great teachers…and I hear is quite affordable. Not sure what else…

Yours, Way
elephantjournaldotcom…for fun yet fundamentally serious videos blogs articles reviews interviews on “the mindful life”: yoga, non-new agey spirituality, organics, sustainability, adventure, the arts, enlightened education, conscious consumerism.

About Waylon Lewis

19 Responses to “Where’s Affordable Yoga in Boulder, Colorado?”

1. derek says:

I am a member of OmPass. OmPass will give you free trial yoga class coupons in boulder and denver at big name yoga studios

2. Yesica Pineda yeye says:

Hi,

Vida Yoga in Iris and 28th in Boulder is a donation based Yoga Studios. Donation is suggested at 10dllrs per session, and I offer a donation basis only (meaning there is no minimum) yoga Sundays at Noon ~ come share your practice with us. When you have money, give money; otherwise give a flower, a prayer, your smile ~ share your positive vibrations with the world. Hope to see you there this Sunday!
    Yeye

yeyeorganicpop@gmail.com
    http://www.myspace.com/yeyeorganicpop for yoga schedule

3. Jan says:

Thanks, Yeye. Sounds good and I may turn up on a Sunday or Sundays. I clicked the link but was unable to see or find the yoga schedule. How can I find it?

Thanks,
    Jan

4. Jan says:

Thanks Derek. That sounds good too, but I’d like to find a more permanent yoga home than just a couple of trial classes! If you hear of anything else, I’d be glad to know.

Best wishes,
    Jan

5. Jan says:

Oh, I found it by googling Vida Yoga. Thanks. — Jan

6. De West says:

Starting in January there will be a Community class for $5 on Thursday night from 7:30-8:30pm at The Yoga Workshop. Hope you will come and join in!

7. Jan says:

Marvelous! That is a perfect time for me, too, after my day’s work. I’ll try to make it.

8. Kendra says:

The Yoga Pod is amazing and has 30 days unlimited for $30 (for new students) or you can do a week unlimited for $10. I just started there a month ago and I LOVE YOGA POD! The teachers are great and the studio is nice and peaceful. It's located at the 29th Street Mall.

9. Prasad says:

You can practice Sahaja Yoga meditation in Denver, Boulder, Longmont and Fort Collins Colorado,and you will discover what is needed for a new awareness that is TRUE FREE YOGA. Sahaja Yoga classes are free of charge, as one cannot pay for the experience of Divine Love.

Starting our new classes in Longmont on Jan 20th.

Longmont Recreation Center
    Every Tuesday: 7:30 PM
    310 Quail Road,
    Longmont, CO 80501
    Tel : 443-912-3465

Regular Classes in Boulder
    YMCA of Boulder Valley
    Every Thursday: 7:30 PM
    2850 Mapleton Avenue,
    Boulder CO 80301 (map)
    Tel. 303-471-0143

10. Megan says:

HI,
    the prAna Flagship store in downtown Boulder has 12 free yoga and meditation classes per week!
    Our downstairs yoga studio is a great place to unwind or get your groove on.
    Feb. schedule available at the store.1147 Pearl street @ Broadway.
    see you in class!

11. Duff says:

For yoga on the cheap, Netflix has lots of yoga dvds. If you are already a member, just put one at the top of your queue, or sign up for the minimum plan at $4.95 a month.

You could also learn from a book from the library with friends. Be resourceful! Classes are not strictly necessary. I’ve found that my best practice is alone, as I can really listen to my body.

12. Brian says:

Hello,
    I’m offering a drop in class for $10 per session. It’s my way of doing what I can to help out in this recession. The class is a breath based vinyasa flow. It’s an all levels class and everyone is welcome. I’ve been teaching since 1997 and have been in Boulder for 3 years.
    the location is,
    1260 Folsom st.
    Boulder, CO 80302
    It’s in the Wesley Chapel.
    The class is Monday nights from 6 to 7:15 ish.
    my number is 303-817-3470, or you can e-mail me with any questions.
    Peace,
    Brian Saeger
    briandsaeger@yahoo.com

13. Doreen Hing Dee Haiche says:

As a confessed linkaholic, note I had just bookmarked this link for my own edification without knowledge of your cheap yoga research request.
    I haven’t tried it, and am not a big one for practicing yoga at home, but as a mother of two, yoga is such a luxury, both timewise and expense-wise. I am considering buying this service for a friend who’s a new single mother. It’s so hard to schedule in a class without child, nevermind new born and single.

14. Evan Ravitz says:

Richard Freeman recommended Iyengar’s “Light on Yoga” to me 30 years ago and I’ve been using it ever since. I’m only half-way through, so it should last me for my next life too. My living room and wilderness spots don’t charge me a thing!

15. Daniel Moss says:

The CU Yoga Empowerment + Service (YES+) Club is offering
    FREE YOGA EVERY WED & THU.
    4:00 – 5:00pm
    CU Museum (15th & Broadway)

Join the event on Facebook for more info and updates:

16. Good site, where did you come up with the knowledge in this post? Im glad I found it though, ill be checking back soon to see what other articles you have.

17. The Little Yoga Studio is, hands down, the most affordable yoga studio in town. The teachers are outstanding and all classes are 10$, every one! If you are a frequent practitioner, they have a 40 consecutive day offer for 100$'s which makes each day $2.50 a class. The studio is so friendly, the cleanest in town, has a wide range of classes for beginners to advanced, three free classes a week, one taught entirely in Spanish- this studio is a must see- The classes are not crowded and each student gets individualized attention (or the teachers will leave you alone if you wish) It is simply the most wonderful studio in Boulder- love it, love it love it!