elephantjournal.com readers contest: Best yoga studio in Boulder?

Via on Jan 23, 2009

Boulder Bodyworks. Yoga Pod. Yoga Workshop. Corepower Yoga. Iyengar Yoga Studio. Om Time. Studio Be. Bikram on the Hill. As the song goes, Sayyyy who do you love?

Let the comments (say why it’s your favorite studio, what teachers you love…) begin!

Because there are kajillions of great studios in Boulder, even more than great cafes, we could only enter a few favorite studio friends…obviously, there are many other good ones, so enter names in comments section below and remember to say why!

[memedex: pollid#488735]

And for those holier-than-thou yoga purists who object to such crass, worldly notions as ‘best yoga studio,’ hear hear. We agree. This is meant to be 1) useful to would-be beginner yoga students who want to read a few reviews before dipping toes into a new studio and 2) fun (also a yogic principle).

About Waylon Lewis

22 Responses to “elephantjournal.com readers contest: Best yoga studio in Boulder?”

1. [...] See the original post here: elephantjournal.com readers poll: Best yoga studio in Boulder … [...]

2. ryan says:

The Yoga Workshop for it’s “seemingly” authentic transmission of mindfullness…my vote is for Susan Chiocchi because she’s one badass yogini…

3. [...] what I learned. After reading articles about Core Power Yoga in Boulder here on Elephant again and again, I decided to visit the website, just to see it even though I am miles away. I noticed their [...]

4. [...] and Yoginis in Boulder have known this for some time, but I just realized that we’d failed to report that Richard [...]

5. Joe says:

The Om Time yoga studio has amazing teachers in house and offers ample opportunity to study with guest national teachers throughout the year. It seems there is always so much programming happening there that it is hard to decide what to indulge in next.

6. Kristin says:

OmTime is the best studio in Boulder! Hands down.

7. Elle says:

om time, baby! The second you walk through the door, you feel the genuine sense of community. Some of the most phenomenal, internationally acclaimed yogic visitors stop in – I've sang along with Donna DeLory, Shantala, Dave Stringer, wah!, practiced with teachers such as Desiree Rumbaugh, Shiva Rea, Rod Stryker, Douglas Brooks – who can say no to THAT?? (: NOT to mention the amazing teachers on staff on a regular basis…

8. nora says:

Om Time! This is a place where there is a sense of welcoming from the second you express an interest (via the phone or internet or in person!). There are classes for ALL levels and the instructors are absolutely inspiring! I generally practice at Om Time Denver due to the fact it is closer to both my work and home. However, every time I have been to Boulder (for a special event or a regular class) I had an amazing experience. Thank you to ALL of the Om Time staff and instructors for creating such a strong community and combining that with fantastic opportunities!

9. egilman says:

Omtime Boulder, hands down!

10. Jenny says:

Om Time, its such a welcoming place!

11. Lauren says:

CorePower ALL the way! It's serene, beautiful, clean, and welcoming to all!

12. Dawn says:

OMG om time definitely!!!!!! They have the BEST teachers in Boulder, they get the most awesome guest teachers and they are very gracious and I always feel really welcome when I walk in, like they are generally happy to see me! I LOVE it there!!!

13. Sara says:

CorePower is a yoga haven. The quality of instruction and caliper of class is unparalleled in our city. The instructors are kind and real, creating an authentic connection and relationship that sustains my yoga practice.

14. Holly says:

CorePower Yoga! Corepower instructors have an authentic passion for yoga and their students. The community there is warm, friendly and fun!

15. Matt says:

CorePower gets my vote. Friendly, knowledgeable, and enthusiastic teachers, clean studio space, showers, beginner-friendly classes, challenging classes, great vibes- and best of all: between North and South Boulder over 20(!) classes a day!

16. Leah says:

Om Time for sure. They bring in cutting edge events, knowledgeable teachers from across the country, mind blowing philosophy (Douglass Brooks-omg), evocative music and…they throw rockin parties. The community is strong– folks know and love one another because they share the connection and value om time. The store has sustainable products too!

17. Kate says:

Omtime! The studio offers the highest quality teachers in town and the community is amazing. The space is joyful, colorful, creative, inspiring and supportive. I LOVE it!!!

18. I moved from Vermont to Denver a year and a few months ago. After finding a job it became my mission to find a yoga studio, somwhere to call my second home. Finding the right fit took longer than I had expected. I went through five or six studios before I found Omtime. I was a mess. Trying to adjust to a new city and altitude was creating a type of stress that was deeply emotional and physical. It got to the point where I was questioning why I ever left the east coast. Then I walked into Omtime Denver. It was an afternoon class and Chris was teaching. Halfway through the class I thought to myself "I could stay in Denver for awhile". I was riveted in a way I had never been in a yoga class before. I remember what Chris spoke about that day and how his theme was beautifully woven into our asana practice. By the end of class I knew I had found a studio where I could feel safe,have fun and be interested in deepening my practice.

19. AshleyHyde says:

The first time I went to OmTime was in Boulder this past mothers day.. I am very close with my mom (who lives in NH) and I was feeling especially sad/homesick because I couldn't be with her on that day. The class was so beautifully framed and I found myself appreciating my mom in a deep, unexpected way.
    My next experience in the Boulder studio was with Shannon.. and the only words to describe her classes are "truly inspirational!" I find myself teary-eyed from her beautiful words many times during the practice.
    My first Denver studio experience was with Chris. I love the way he takes time to welcome new people into his class. His sense of humor is incredibly charming and his words very profound. He has a brilliant way of explaining and connecting yoga to the world outside the studio :)

20. AshleyHyde says:

Forgot to mention that I LOVE the paintings in the Denver studio

21. yogini says:

OM TIME!! For anyone wanting to really learn yoga and heal their bodies, mind, spirit; Om Time has the best trained teachers in town. They really know their stuff and are so very authentic. Other popular studios have no pre-requisite for teacher training so many of the beginning teachers have not been doing even their own practice for very long.