Via on Jan 22, 2009

OK, so it’s just me!…but there was no sense in waiting for the perfect Revolution!”

Plus, we’ve already been working on it…

When Abilene and I woke up this morning we thought we needed to find some money,

Abilene had some ideas

But no one would exchange any of those things for a new sewing machine,

even though some could be important.

Maybe we need to change the rules…

because our pocket is filled with stories!

and we can be brave…

we already are!

In New Orleans, Liz is getting everyone thinking waste=resource,

and it’s working!

In Los Angeles, Megan‘s discovered that

as long as she keeps feeding everyone

her fridge just won’t quit!

Lindsay will capture your most treasured moment* on Polaroid!

(Below is the moment I decided to make cuffs out of eco-materials for everyone.

Thanks Lindsay!)

Call me what you want,

Lady Liberty,

mommy,

your new poster girl…

I have a lot,

but the thing I do not have is money.

Waylon Lewis says that he’ll give me $100 for my blogs on this site,

but only if I can get 10 comments and 500 views in one week!

Can you help?

If you like what I’m doing, just drop a comment, like,

“keep it up, we wanna see more honey!”

There’s no waiting for the perfect Revolution!

The Revolution of the Mommies is here!

Light a candle and say a prayer,

this is going to be one mother (earth) of a revolution!

*Polaroids from my brave, wandering family. with lveo

for more revolution click*

About Joana Smith

Who I'd like to meet: Superman's Children, eco-warriors, truck drivers, persephone, roller derby queens, nurses, scientists, givers, priests, yogi, storytellers, people who don't know right now, playwrights, philosophers, people who are more visual, people who hop trains, performers, poets, seamstresses, activists, Spider-Man, kids, rangers, Snow White, dj's, massage therapists, people who work with their hands, bunnies, sportsracers, people who work in offices, dancers, baristas, artists, cleaners, climbers, Jeff's sister, Colbert, Skiers, Bikers, skaters, surfers, ani, people who are recovering, trees (and flowers), people who will die soon, gardeners, horses, Jolie-Pitt, soon-to-be mothers, margie's daughter, astronomers, people who are scared, girls who wear black and listen to the Smiths, cuffmakers, lambs, Miranda July, the man in the moon, Bono, people from 'round here, Obama...

27 Responses to “Green Movement Gets A New Poster Girl!* And Her friends are Eco-Superheroes! (but for real*)”

1. sam scoggins says:

finally…a good reason to comment.
    beautiful blog.

2. Francois says:

I really enjoy the poetry of your posts Joana, the simple and yet extraordinaire things of life you’re sharing with us. So yes, I hope to see more of them!

Love from rainy Belgium ;-)

3. dalia says:

Hi Joanna, I love your photographs, maybe you should look into working them into the cuffs… I would love to see pictures of the cuffs as well. Do you need a new sewing machine because your old one broke? Would it be too much to sew the cuffs by hand? GOOD LUCK!!

4. Doug says:

Glad to see you finally claim your rightful superhero status, Joana.

5. Dana Lazzareschi says:

Joanna,

I’ll support you with this to continue being a ‘stay at home’ mom. (I guess I’m one to my parents now =).
    ‘Hope you can get that new sewing machine. I’m sure you’ll put it to good use!

Aunt Dana

6. Nathan Smith ndsmith says:

Oh, you’re such a mindful mommy. And pretty super, too. You remind us that there is beauty in our trash, there is love all around us, and there is hope in simplicity, art, life.

7. loved wandering through your visual story.

rouse your confidence as things will work out.
    you have an eye and a big heart.
    keep going.
    the ordinary life is the good life.
    and loved the yellow butterfly barrette.

8. sj* says:

i love your posts. so artful. so inspirational. thanks super momma!

9. meggn says:

hey friend.

10. Susan says:

Keep the inspiration coming!

11. lindsay says:

i am hoping you are warm in texas.

there is an 'arctic breeze' moving through florida.

thank you for always trying so hard to do such brave things.

12. Melodie says:

You inspire me! Give Abilene a kiss from me.

13. Jason says:

Joanna,
    Thanks. It’s good to see all of you and hope you are well.

14. elephant journal admin says:

You already got 13 comments, good going! Support her writing, ya’ll, forward this on and get her some views! elephant journal dot com unlike most sites actually pays our writers who write quality content that gets traction with our readership–we do indeed pay for blogs that are popular and appropriate to our mission and readers. Joana’s the best!

15. lacey says:

keep it up, dear one. we want to see more!

16. Grandma Carol says:

I love the photo of Abilene “thinking of ideas”, and the one of you in the red headband is totally reminiscent of “Wonder Woman”-only with more “style”!

17. Chuck says:

Jo,
    The more you and the Mommies can come together the better for the world. I think my Mommy was in a class by herself as well.

18. Katja Miller says:

Joanna,
    Totally inspired, creative, beautiful, visionary that you are – I am loving your work and your mission! Keep it coming!
    XO
    Another Mom in Bloomington, IN

19. Joana Smith Joana Smith says:

Thanks guys! Your words keep me going! It’s hard to keep believing when you’re creating in a bubble. But you know…it’s only a matter of time before this Revolution really gets kicking, on a massive scale! Have you noticed? Everyone everywhere is already talking about it (sort of)! But a Revolution has to come from the people, not the government, so the thing we need to do now is ‘Come Together!’ Tell your friends (if you want) Waylon and I are trying our hardest everyday on Elephant Journal! Let’s bring the Revolution in on the backs of elephants!

20. [...] Didn’t you just tell us last week that you needed a new sewing machine [...]

21. willow king says:

Lovely and Elegant posts- keep them up Super mama!

22. cupcakeordie. says:

"cats don't eat seaweed, this is all for you baby" the padre says and domy gladly accepts, while i begrudgingly embrace elmo and begin to secretly adore him. he's perpetually 3 yrs old you know. anyway, i think brent mentioned to you that we should meet up soon (therefore i am brooke the madre). hope you and your family are well. these fuzzy little beasts all around me are interfering, must tend to their needs.

23. rachel says:

you are just, so fabulous

24. I like your stories. I like how you collect them and share them with us all. And I like the idea of cuffs, like a reminder of love, like the old string on the finger trick…

25. Janine says:

These are lovely. Thanks for sharing.