Via on Jan 2, 2009

Holiday Detox: Want to Get Rid of Stress and the Blahs?

The Holidays are wonderful, don’t get me wrong. They’re a great opportunity to spend quality time with family and friends, and are the one time of year when everyone gathers in the same place to share and reconnect. As relaxing and wonderful the Holidays may be, however, they also bring the stress of family obligations, cleaning, food preparation, buying gifts, wrapping, cleaning again, entertaining. And the abundance of sugary, fat-laden holiday treats, comfort foods and festive cocktails and libations can leave you feeling stuffed, uncomfortable, sluggish and, well, just plain heavy.

With the New Year comes resolutions, promises to “get back on track” and good intentions to de-stress and cleanse the system of Holiday over-indulgences. To do so, many turn to fad diets and excessive exercise routines that require unrealistic time commitments and restrict our everyday lives to the point of giving up and forgetting about our self-improvement efforts…at least until next year.

All hope and motivation of bettering ourselves in the New Year is lost? Don’t fret. There are some amazing natural and organic products out there that, when incorporated into everyday life, can help us de-stress, detoxify the body, and enjoy food without weighing us down. These natural, organic products, free from artificial ingredients, will help to calm, cleanse, and rid your body from the blah feelings associated with Holiday over-consumption.

Organic India Certified Organic Tulsi Teas

Throughout India, Tulsi is considered “The Queen of Herbs” and is revered as a sacred plant infused with healing power. Tulsi (also known as Holy Basil) makes a delicious and refreshing tea that possesses wonderful health benefits that support your body’s natural immune system while relieving its negative reaction to stress.

With a wide array of flavors, Organic India’s Tulsi Tea line offers holistic healing benefits through a relaxing tea-drinking experience. Not only are all teas organic, each blend uses the highest quality herbs and flavors to awaken the senses and calm the soul. Teas pair nicely with foods, mixed with milk or dairy substitute and/or sweetener if desired, or are exceptional served on their own. My fave? The Lemon Ginger tea with honey.

Plus, they’re a great company to support: Organic India works with thousands of organic family farmers in India to actively promote sustainable agriculture!

DoshaCare Customized Ayurvedic Skincare

DoshaCare is the newly-launched, customizable skincare collection inspired by the ancient Indian principles of Ayurveda, which emphasizes that beauty is achieved through lifestyle choices that nourish the body and fulfill the mind. The DoshaCare line addresses more than your skin type; its formulators take into account your diet, exercise routine and personality traits to select the most appropriate skincare system. Through a series of questions, the Dosha survey determines your primary and secondary Doshas, which are then used to prescribe a customized skincare routine within the natural DoshaCare product line.

Perhaps because DoshaCare skincare line—cleanser, exfoliant, moisturizer and eye cream—are tailored to my skin type, I’ve never before experienced the combination of moisture and “anti-aging” ben. Not only are the products natural and smell wonderfully, I did not have to make a significant change in my daily routine to experience the benefits—I simply substituted my previous skincare products with the DoshaCare line et voila! Great skin without any artificial or toxic ingredients.

In addition to offering ayurvedic healing properties, DoshaCare is packaged with tubes made of 70 percent recycled materials, bottles made of 100 percent recyclable materials and labels printed with environmentally-conscious soy ink. On the inside of every package is a motivating message that inspires health, wellness and good thoughts!

Simply Boulder Culinary Sauces

Simply Boulder culinary sauces are unique combinations of pure olive oil, organic agave nectar and natural flavors to add a boost of flavor to any dish. Not only are the sauces gluten-free and have acquired theCeliac Sprue Association recognition seal, the plethora of flavors, including Coconut Peanut, Honey Mustard, Lemon Pesto, Truly Teriyaki and Zesty Pineapple, can be used as marinades, drizzles or dressings on pasta, salads or sandwiches, and for grilling, baking or broiling.

These sauces offer the many health benefits of olive oil and are made from natural and organic ingredients, but they take the stress out of cooking and allow you to enjoy wonderful meals without the fuss. Although I do enjoy cooking, I often do not take the time to do so, and Simply Boulder sauces allow me to prepare a meal that tastes like I spent hours making it!

Blackwell’s Organic Soy Gelato and Fruit Sorbetto

Who said “detoxing” had to restrict sweet treats? Thanks to Blackwell’s Organic Soy Gelato and Fruit Sorbetto, you can enjoy a chocolate fix or a light sorbetto treat without artificial ingredients or the heavy feeling of traditional Holiday cakes, cookies or pies.

Blackwell’s Organic desserts are health conscious without sacrificing taste; each ingredient is truly a whole food. The soy gelato and fruit sorbetto are made without preservatives, additives or extracts, and are cholesterol free and completely vegan. Each flavor, including chocolate, coffee, peanut butter, peanut butter chocolate swirl, vanilla, lemon, mango, orange, pineapple, raspberry and strawberry, is hand-crafted in small batches using only the highest quality certified organic ingredients and Fair Trade CertifiedTM cocoa and coffee and real fruit and fruit juice.

Both the Soy Gelato and Fruit Sorbettos are guilt-free indulgences. They are so light, and with a variety of flavors, there is something for every mood. Also, each flavor works well with another- pairing two or more flavors together, such as raspberry and chocolate, makes for a healthy treat that satisfies!

As you can see, “detoxing” from Holiday stress and heavy foods is simple if you incorporate natural, organic products into your daily routine. It is important to remember that although transformation doesn’t happen overnight, you can move forward with your self-improvement goals by making small changes each day. 2009 is going to be a great year!

About elephantjournal dotcom

34 Responses to “Holiday Detox! with Organic India Tulsi Tea, Blackwell’s Organic desserts, Simply Boulder, DoshaCare ~ via Adriane Little.”

1. Mariel says:

Sounds like some great products to me! I’m going to need some detox so these should come in handy.

2. Jenny says:

I agree, I need a major detox after the holidays!

Blackwell’s Gelato sounds so good right now! :)

I look forward to your next blog!!

3. Dawn says:

I totally have the holiday blahs!! I would kill for those desserts right now. I love that those yummy looking sauces are gluten free. My Boyfriends mom can only have gluten free items, those would make fantastic gifts!!

4. Matt says:

Blackwell’s Organic desserts are great! Just be careful of the peanut butter one! The fruits are the best, but the peanut butter just tastes too strange.

5. Joe says:

Interesting products, I came across this review and plan on trying them when I make it to Colorado

6. Jim says:

I have tried the Naturally Boulder sauces. They taste great, are convenient to use, and olive oil is so good for you! I would love to try the gelato. You don’t have to sacrifice taste to eat well.

7. julie says:

Very interesting and wonderfully written.
    I am very interested in starting the New Year out right with some of these desserts!
    Count me in!

8. Sue says:

Health has gone from something rarely thought about to being part of our everyday lives. These products could be easily incorporated in day to day living.

9. Robin says:

A very,very interesting article that has MY attention! These products are definetly worth a try! An article well written!
    I will order your products!
    Thanks!

10. Allie says:

Thanks for the great ideas!

11. Pete says:

After reading this blog review I had to try the teas. The Honey Chamomile Tulsi Tea has really helped me relax and sleep. Thanks for the advice!

12. Lauren says:

Chocolate soy gelato? Um, an we say heaven on earth? I can’t wait to try it–Great recommendations!

13. I love Organic India Tulsi Tea! Their Raspberry Peach Tulsi makes the best iced tea ever… Yum!

14. [...] 2008.  If you’re looking to get back into shape and eat healthier again in 2009, here are some “holiday detox” productsand notes from a friend of mine, Adriene Littleton over at the Elephant [...]

15. Cindy says:

Very good review, The teas and the Boulder Sauces sound like something I would like to try.

16. Joe says:

Great work, awesome products! Very inspring…

The holdiay detox thing is fresh on most peoples minds around the first of the year, baby steps is a good idea. These products look as though they would be a great way to achieve ones desired goals…

17. Christopher says:

Great blog, very informative. Keep them coming!

18. Jessie says:

Simply Boulder sauces sound like something I need to try. Like you I enjoy cooking but often do not have the time- this product looks like it adds creativity and would save me precious moments in the evening when I am starved for dinner.

Can you get them outside of CO?

19. Traci says:

Thank you for posting this article! I have been looking for a healthy way to detox after the Holidays, and the tea sounds great! Of course, when I get one of my cravings the Soy Gelato will be a perfect guilt-free snack. Organic products are so much healthier than the pesticide and chemically laden products on the market today. I look forward to many more great suggestions :)

20. Andrea says:

Great article! I will definitely try the tea. Do you have more input on detox products?

21. Martha says:

We tried the sauce and it definately upped the WOW power of my chicken. I’m looking forward to the other sauces, and the gelato too!!
    Martha

22. Robin says:

All the products sound interesting – I would like to try them – are they available in Michigan. Well written blog!

23. Annie says:

Great ideas! Especially the Tulsi Teas… I love the Lemon Ginger, too!

24. lex says:

Sounds interesting…

25. Shaletta says:

Awesome article! I’m a HUGE tea fanatic….green and white. I’ve never heard of Tulsi, but it sounds even better for you than the white teas. I’m definitely going to give it a try!

26. Molly says:

Looking forward to trying some of these things.

27. Danielle says:

These products look great for my new years resolutions! I would love to find the fruit sorbetto in Chicago, that looks mouth watering :)

28. I have been to your site before. It’s Great! BTW you have a nice blog

29. [...] but here in Canada you need to go to a health food store to snatch some. It is often known also as Holly Basil Tea. The benefits are immense, from detoxification, to an anti-inflammatory drink. It’s great for [...]

30. orgonite says:

We are a bunch of volunteers and starting a brand new scheme in our community. Your site provided us with helpful info to paintings on. You have performed a formidable job and our whole group might be thankful to you.

31. You could certainly see your enthusiasm within the work you write. The arena hopes for more passionate writers like you who aren’t afraid to mention how they believe. At all times go after your heart.

32. Hi my loved one! I wish to say that this post is amazing, great written and come with almost all significant infos. I would like to look extra posts like this .

33. Hi, i think that i saw you visited my website thus i got here to return the desire?.I’m attempting to in finding issues to improve my website!I suppose its adequate to use some of your ideas!!