As an independent media fan, I’m not normally a loyal reader of Ideal Bite, which sold to Disney for $20 million last year…that said, this particular tip hits a useful, easy-to-fix green-your-life home run. For many more easy to implement tips, go to Ideal Bite and learn away!
… dryer balls that fluff and soften your laundry – free of the toxic plastic PVC, and no disposable dryer sheets necessary. The cash + eco savings = something to croon about.
- Striking a waste-free chord. You can reuse dryer balls over and over – most will last you several years. And attention vegetarians: most dryer sheets contain tallow,an animal byproduct.
- More (bank)notes. Boxes of dryer sheets can cost $5-$10 for 50 washes; some of our options are even free.
- Tuning out PVC. Your average dryer ball is made from PVC, which releases carcinogens during production.
We’ve found that the balls actually work better than sheets, but they can be loud – the noise drives Jen so batty she turns her music up to volumes typically reserved for warehouse raves.
- Wool Dryer Balls – made from wool by a work-at-home mom ($7).
- DIY Bite: try an old tennis ball – they work almost as well. Or make your own wool dryer balls from yarn.
hot on elephant
The story behind the Elephant-headed God. 344 shares Visual Yoga Blog: Refresh your Eyes the Yoga Way. 160 shares Boomers vs. Millennials: Will We stay the Course or Change It? 382 shares Instead of Sabotaging another Relationship, here’s how to Run into your Fear. 991 shares Join: Elephant’s Winter 2017 Academy. 2 shares The Benching Mind-F*ck: Worse than Ghosting. 1,391 share The Fourth Kind of Love. 1,796 share What Teens need from their Parents. (Hint: It’s not Grounding & Punishment.) 1,545 share 5 Ways to Kiss & Make Up for your Mercury Retrograde Mishaps. 499 shares “I’d look her right in that fat, ugly face of hers.” 1,378 share