As an independent media fan, I’m not normally a loyal reader of Ideal Bite, which sold to Disney for $20 million last year…that said, this particular tip hits a useful, easy-to-fix green-your-life home run. For many more easy to implement tips, go to Ideal Bite and learn away!
… dryer balls that fluff and soften your laundry – free of the toxic plastic PVC, and no disposable dryer sheets necessary. The cash + eco savings = something to croon about.
- Striking a waste-free chord. You can reuse dryer balls over and over – most will last you several years. And attention vegetarians: most dryer sheets contain tallow,an animal byproduct.
- More (bank)notes. Boxes of dryer sheets can cost $5-$10 for 50 washes; some of our options are even free.
- Tuning out PVC. Your average dryer ball is made from PVC, which releases carcinogens during production.
We’ve found that the balls actually work better than sheets, but they can be loud – the noise drives Jen so batty she turns her music up to volumes typically reserved for warehouse raves.
- Wool Dryer Balls – made from wool by a work-at-home mom ($7).
- DIY Bite: try an old tennis ball – they work almost as well. Or make your own wool dryer balls from yarn.
hot on elephant
How I stopped Speed Dating my Passions & finally Committed. 236 shares New Moon in Scorpio: Only those who Believe in Magic will Find It. 5,305 shares She Smiles as she Cries: the Story of High-functioning Depression. 5,088 shares A Homemade Buddhist Ritual for Letting Go. 615 shares 10 Things to Know about Dating a Scorpio (& Why they Love Sex). 602 shares Living with C-PTSD Following an Abusive Relationship. 2,722 shares November Energy Forecast: Love & the Twin Flame magic of 11:11. 1,415 share Why we must Break to Heal. 1,042 share To my Diego: 4 Poems by Frida Kahlo that Demonstrate the Exquisite Nature of Love. 648 shares Why it’s Okay we Won’t ever have Sex. 290 shares