- Vegan and veggie friendly; contains no animal product or byproduct
- Certified 100% organic cotton uppers
- Midsoles made of carpet padding for at-home comfort at all times
- Thanks to a lot of stitching, this shoe’s made with less than a thimble of water-based adhesives – most shoes use 2 shot glasses worth of glue
- Recycled car tire and natural rubber with jute outsoles
- Ships to you in our fantastic biodegradable bags… dig it, bury it, buh-bye
- Member of the men’s Green Toe™ collection & part of the Best category
Not sure if the carpet padding is reused? If it is, that’s super cool and I’m a’gonna tell everyone in every bar and swimming pool I ever find myself in.
Not sure if the dye in the organic cotton uppers is non-toxic, natural, or the bad stuff that slowly poisons our waterways?
Love the lack of glue used. Love the soles—recycled car tire, whut? The design of the soles, evocative of car tires, is cool too though a little slippery when went.
Love the biodegradable bags they’re shipped in.
Overall, love ’em. Give ’em an A not only for effort, but execution. Don’t love that they’re made in China, but we’ve gone over how most companies, even Prana, TOMS, Nau and Patagonia (some of our favorite green-minded walk the talk apparel co’s) feel it’s necessary to make stuff halfway across the world in South America or Asia, in more-or-less supervised factories…it’s far from being a bad thing, but far from being ideal. In any case, the more transparent the better.
Conclusion, when all’s flipped and flopped? The basic fact of the matter is, you want to wear a mindfully-sourced, stylish, comfy flip flop that’ll last? This is the best I’ve found.
hot on elephant
The story behind the Elephant-headed God. 332 shares Visual Yoga Blog: Refresh your Eyes the Yoga Way. 160 shares Boomers vs. Millennials: Will We stay the Course or Change It? 364 shares Instead of Sabotaging another Relationship, here’s how to Run into your Fear. 951 shares Join: Elephant’s Winter 2017 Academy. 2 shares The Benching Mind-F*ck: Worse than Ghosting. 1,252 share 5 Ways to Kiss & Make Up for your Mercury Retrograde Mishaps. 497 shares “I’d look her right in that fat, ugly face of hers.” 1,186 share 15 Cool Things Yoga has Taught Me. (Hint: None of them are Handstand.) 2,424 shares How we can Rewrite our Stories after Loving a Narcissist. 1,074 share