- Vegan and veggie friendly; contains no animal product or byproduct
- Certified 100% organic cotton uppers
- Midsoles made of carpet padding for at-home comfort at all times
- Thanks to a lot of stitching, this shoe’s made with less than a thimble of water-based adhesives – most shoes use 2 shot glasses worth of glue
- Recycled car tire and natural rubber with jute outsoles
- Ships to you in our fantastic biodegradable bags… dig it, bury it, buh-bye
- Member of the men’s Green Toe™ collection & part of the Best category
Not sure if the carpet padding is reused? If it is, that’s super cool and I’m a’gonna tell everyone in every bar and swimming pool I ever find myself in.
Not sure if the dye in the organic cotton uppers is non-toxic, natural, or the bad stuff that slowly poisons our waterways?
Love the lack of glue used. Love the soles—recycled car tire, whut? The design of the soles, evocative of car tires, is cool too though a little slippery when went.
Love the biodegradable bags they’re shipped in.
Overall, love ’em. Give ’em an A not only for effort, but execution. Don’t love that they’re made in China, but we’ve gone over how most companies, even Prana, TOMS, Nau and Patagonia (some of our favorite green-minded walk the talk apparel co’s) feel it’s necessary to make stuff halfway across the world in South America or Asia, in more-or-less supervised factories…it’s far from being a bad thing, but far from being ideal. In any case, the more transparent the better.
Conclusion, when all’s flipped and flopped? The basic fact of the matter is, you want to wear a mindfully-sourced, stylish, comfy flip flop that’ll last? This is the best I’ve found.
hot on elephant
July’s Full Moon in Capricorn: The Heart wants what it Wants. The 4 Stages of a Good Divorce. Our Soulmates are Rarely Who We Expect. A Letter to my Children: You do not come from a Broken Home. Men, Let’s Stop Fooling Ourselves: Size Matters. To the One Who Tried to Break Me. An Open Letter to the Fixers. How your Stored Memories in the Amygdala can lead to PTSD. Mom, can I Call her Mom, Too? Jon Stewart makes first appearance since retiring—”it’s not your country.”