- Vegan and veggie friendly; contains no animal product or byproduct
- Certified 100% organic cotton uppers
- Midsoles made of carpet padding for at-home comfort at all times
- Thanks to a lot of stitching, this shoe’s made with less than a thimble of water-based adhesives – most shoes use 2 shot glasses worth of glue
- Recycled car tire and natural rubber with jute outsoles
- Ships to you in our fantastic biodegradable bags… dig it, bury it, buh-bye
- Member of the men’s Green Toe™ collection & part of the Best category
Not sure if the carpet padding is reused? If it is, that’s super cool and I’m a’gonna tell everyone in every bar and swimming pool I ever find myself in.
Not sure if the dye in the organic cotton uppers is non-toxic, natural, or the bad stuff that slowly poisons our waterways?
Love the lack of glue used. Love the soles—recycled car tire, whut? The design of the soles, evocative of car tires, is cool too though a little slippery when went.
Love the biodegradable bags they’re shipped in.
Overall, love ’em. Give ’em an A not only for effort, but execution. Don’t love that they’re made in China, but we’ve gone over how most companies, even Prana, TOMS, Nau and Patagonia (some of our favorite green-minded walk the talk apparel co’s) feel it’s necessary to make stuff halfway across the world in South America or Asia, in more-or-less supervised factories…it’s far from being a bad thing, but far from being ideal. In any case, the more transparent the better.
Conclusion, when all’s flipped and flopped? The basic fact of the matter is, you want to wear a mindfully-sourced, stylish, comfy flip flop that’ll last? This is the best I’ve found.
hot on elephant
Elephant Journal’s Holiday Gift Guide 636 shares A letter to the Anger that refuses to Leave Me. 510 shares Waylon’s favorite Ethical Gifts. 7 shares Join: Elephant’s Winter 2017 Academy. 27 shares Trevor Noah just won my Respect. 2,525 shares December Forecast: Letting Go of 2016 & Leaning into 2017 with Love. 5,898 shares Year of the Fire Rooster 2017: What to Expect. 443 shares How to Say Goodbye to that almost-great Love. 1,371 share How to Say “F*ck it” to Fear & Anxiety (& Start Living your Life!). 818 shares For the Women who are Trying to Do & Be Everything to Everyone. 2,890 shares