Men’s Thrift Shorts
If you’re eco, stylish and/or active, these shorts are for you. Patagonia’s eco shorts are
- handsome enough to wear to a Nantucket wedding,
- light enough to croquet about a water-sucking yard in the full sun and keep your cool,
- sturdy enough (nearly, see *note below) to climb Colorado,
- cool enough to bike down to Sherpa’s and enjoy a Sunshine Wheat with a slice of lemon.
- Most importantly, for me, they’re green enough (65% all-recycled polyester/35% organic cotton seersucker) that our next seven generations won’t pay the price. Not sure where they’re made, but assume China. Also assume that, on the fair labor front, Patagonia—which is an admirably walk-the-talk, transparent (see their Footprint Chronicles, a notion all progressive manufacturers should emulate) company—supervises its factories better than the competition.
*note. My shorts did lose that somewhat useless interior button after just a wear or two. If it were the zipper or something, I’d have been bummed out. As it was, I’ve kept on wearing them without even bothering to fix.
Product detail: (text is from website)
“The unofficial short for those who wander around aimlessly, with no visible means of support. Made of a light-wearing blend of 65% all-recycled polyester/35% organic cotton in an open weave and puckered texture for maximum airflow. With two front slant pockets and one rear zippered pocket.”
- Environmentally conscious puckered blend of recycled polyester and organic cotton
- Two slanted front pockets, one zippered rear pocket
- 10″ inseam
- 3.4-oz 65% all-recycled polyester/35% organic cotton seersucker
elephant journal’s editor, Waylon Lewis, welcomes Patagonia—the eco outdoor apparel company that’s paved the way for mindful businesses everywhere—to the green streets of Boulder, Colorado
hot on elephant
The story behind the Elephant-headed God. 386 shares Visual Yoga Blog: Refresh your Eyes the Yoga Way. 170 shares Boomers vs. Millennials: Will We stay the Course or Change It? 395 shares Instead of Sabotaging another Relationship, here’s how to Run into your Fear. 1,007 share Join: Elephant’s Winter 2017 Academy. 12 shares Will & Grace are Back after 10 years & it’s the Funniest 10 minutes of Election Commentary Ever. 8,907 shares The Benching Mind-F*ck: Worse than Ghosting. 1,796 share The Fourth Kind of Love. 2,398 shares October Energy Forecast: Prepare for Limitless, Unconditional Love. 6,242 shares How Open-Hearted Men can Show Up for Strong, Independent Women. 2,946 shares