To what 5 things do you offer your Thanksgiving?
- I’m thankful for my mom and dad, for giving me to this crazy, magical, deeply sad life and planet.
- I’m thankful to my mom for raising the hell out of me; giving my childhood a rich, warm, happy glow, a childhood full of good, simple food; a rich education. Even while we lacked dough for TV and cars and other things we didn’t particularly need anyways. She taught me what to value.
- I’m grateful to Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche, and the Holy Dharma, and the Noble Sangha, for giving me a chance at sanity, and being genuine, for training me when I was young and wild and more or less crazy with insecurity (arrogance).
- I’m grateful for my many friends, so many. And I’m grateful for loneliness, my best friend of all. And I’m grateful for my dog, who pulls me outside and back into reality when I’ve been working on elephant for hours upon hours and forget to eat or drink or exercise.
- I’m thankful for my health, and to our President, for spending his political capital trying to get healthcare for all Americans. That’s compassion. I didn’t have healthcare for 5 years, and if anything had happened during that time, my business and home and any ability to be of benefit would have been lost.
Johnny Cash sings Thanksgiving (pardon the show, but the song is…wow.)
hot on elephant
Boomers vs. Millennials: Will We stay the Course or Change It? Instead of Sabotaging another Relationship, here’s how to Run into your Fear. Join: Elephant’s Fall 2016 Academy. When you’re Stuck, Remember to ask yourself this Question. Welcome to September’s Eclipse Season—Anything is Possible. Thank You to the Men who Didn’t Know what they had—When they had Me. Wait for the One who Falls in Love with Your Naked Soul.