To what 5 things do you offer your Thanksgiving?
- I’m thankful for my mom and dad, for giving me to this crazy, magical, deeply sad life and planet.
- I’m thankful to my mom for raising the hell out of me; giving my childhood a rich, warm, happy glow, a childhood full of good, simple food; a rich education. Even while we lacked dough for TV and cars and other things we didn’t particularly need anyways. She taught me what to value.
- I’m grateful to Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche, and the Holy Dharma, and the Noble Sangha, for giving me a chance at sanity, and being genuine, for training me when I was young and wild and more or less crazy with insecurity (arrogance).
- I’m grateful for my many friends, so many. And I’m grateful for loneliness, my best friend of all. And I’m grateful for my dog, who pulls me outside and back into reality when I’ve been working on elephant for hours upon hours and forget to eat or drink or exercise.
- I’m thankful for my health, and to our President, for spending his political capital trying to get healthcare for all Americans. That’s compassion. I didn’t have healthcare for 5 years, and if anything had happened during that time, my business and home and any ability to be of benefit would have been lost.
Johnny Cash sings Thanksgiving (pardon the show, but the song is…wow.)
hot on elephant
The story behind the Elephant-headed God. 344 shares Visual Yoga Blog: Refresh your Eyes the Yoga Way. 160 shares Boomers vs. Millennials: Will We stay the Course or Change It? 364 shares Instead of Sabotaging another Relationship, here’s how to Run into your Fear. 956 shares Join: Elephant’s Winter 2017 Academy. 2 shares The Benching Mind-F*ck: Worse than Ghosting. 1,391 share 5 Ways to Kiss & Make Up for your Mercury Retrograde Mishaps. 499 shares “I’d look her right in that fat, ugly face of hers.” 1,249 share 15 Cool Things Yoga has Taught Me. (Hint: None of them are Handstand.) 2,493 shares How we can Rewrite our Stories after Loving a Narcissist. 1,075 share