To what 5 things do you offer your Thanksgiving?
- I’m thankful for my mom and dad, for giving me to this crazy, magical, deeply sad life and planet.
- I’m thankful to my mom for raising the hell out of me; giving my childhood a rich, warm, happy glow, a childhood full of good, simple food; a rich education. Even while we lacked dough for TV and cars and other things we didn’t particularly need anyways. She taught me what to value.
- I’m grateful to Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche, and the Holy Dharma, and the Noble Sangha, for giving me a chance at sanity, and being genuine, for training me when I was young and wild and more or less crazy with insecurity (arrogance).
- I’m grateful for my many friends, so many. And I’m grateful for loneliness, my best friend of all. And I’m grateful for my dog, who pulls me outside and back into reality when I’ve been working on elephant for hours upon hours and forget to eat or drink or exercise.
- I’m thankful for my health, and to our President, for spending his political capital trying to get healthcare for all Americans. That’s compassion. I didn’t have healthcare for 5 years, and if anything had happened during that time, my business and home and any ability to be of benefit would have been lost.
Johnny Cash sings Thanksgiving (pardon the show, but the song is…wow.)
hot on elephant
Elephant Journal’s Holiday Gift Guide 636 shares A letter to the Anger that refuses to Leave Me. 579 shares Waylon’s favorite Ethical Gifts. 13 shares Join: Elephant’s Winter 2017 Academy. 28 shares Trevor Noah just won my Respect. 2,560 shares Year of the Fire Rooster 2017: What to Expect. 942 shares December Forecast: Letting Go of 2016 & Leaning into 2017 with Love. 7,240 shares The Real Reason so many Long-term Relationships Fail Sexually. 790 shares Why a Year of No Dating was the Best Thing I ever did for Myself. 6,722 shares These Tweets (and Retweets) actually Happened. 1,388 share