Homeless man sings Radiohead’s “Creep.”

Via on Dec 21, 2009

A comment from Drudge:

“When this homeless guy sang this last part of the song’s lyrics he got a little teary-eyed –

What the hell am I doing here?
I don’t belong here.
I don’t belong here…”

homeless man sings radiohead

Check out the comments on Drudge, the blog which covered this and tipped half the world off to this amazing cover…many of the the comments, good and bad, capture something about the above song in a way no article could. From Drudge:

Homeless Man Rocks Opie and Anthony

On Friday, the Opie and Anthony radio show invited several homeless men they pulled off the street into the studio to promote their annual “homeless shopping spree” bit. When they learned one of the men was a musician who had written some songs, they procured him a guitar. Here’s his version of Radiohead’s “Creep.”

About elephant journal

43 Responses to “Homeless man sings Radiohead’s “Creep.””

1. That's a sweet Taylor 412 he's playing.

2. I hope they let him keep it!

3. gwenbell says:

Story aside, this is a moving performance. Story considered, this is a moving performance.

4. CyrusA says:

Fuck, now I have to find a way to help this guy. True passion in music doesn't get any better.

5. asswad says:

That's a sweet Taylor? Get a life, Chris, it's actually NOT ABOUT THE GUITAR, duh

6. Saraswati says:

Wow. I loved this. I really really loved this. Talent and beauty are everywhere despite adversity……..I hope he gets more than this 3 minutes of fame!

7. joey says:

Although some people do, most people don't become hobos by simply "loosing their tempers". We ARE in a recession and many people have lost there jobs and livelyhood with no help from the state. Not attacking you, just keep that in mind. This is freakin awesome.

8. phoenix used says:

I agree we are in recession and many people lost there jobs and even some comitted suicide for they dont know how are they going to support his family.. he killed his own fam and hisself.. sad but true.

9. WOW nice job…The guitar is kick butt too I have one myself and the due rule.
    I hope they let him keep it as well.

10. April says:

This gave me a chill. He put so much emotion into it.

11. Roger Wolsey Roger Wolsey says:

What is this man's name? I can't believe we're simply referring to him as "Homeless Man".
    Does anyone know? I understand that he goes by "Mustard."

Agreed, it would be a mistake to not mention that he happens to be homeless as that fact makes this video clip incredibly poignant. Cuts to the quick. Wow.

12. Sandy says:

What is his name? Where is he now?

13. Sandy says:

Ok. His name is Daniel Mustard.

14. Human Also says:

This reminds me…. That a vapid bunch of useless, oxygen consuming, space taking excuses for humanity fill most of the office buildings on Wall Street…sucking the aggregate wealth out of this country with their manipulated financial rules so they can buy even more uselessly shiny driving machines and ever larger numbers of gigantic houses to sit empty most of the year until they 'visit their vacation home in the Hamptons where they can meet with ever more expensive prostitutes and snort cocaine.

All while talented, spiritual, genuine human beings AND THEIR CHILDREN are forced out of their homes to a life without dignity, without hope, and with not so much as a nod from those of us who are lucky enough for it not to our turn.

Yet.

Fuck the wealthy. They are not smarter, they've simply rigged the rules so they can't really lose. The four Wall St banks all had a perfect first quarter of 2010….they MADE MONEY ON EVERY SINGLE DAY. They didn't place a single day's worth of losing bets. http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/12/business/12bank

Remember that, as you watch this homeless guy. You, or your parents, or your children are scheduled to join him.

So some yuppie can rent a hooker in the Hamptons.

The top

15. Human Also says:

Or, like this billionaire Palm Beach hedge fund manager, fly 12 year old girls over from Europe, Africa, Asia, on his private jet so he could fuck them. He also got them from the streets of West Palm.
    For which he served……well, you read it.

:People are homeless so these scumballs can live lives like that. They're not normal. They are twisted. Could be your daughter that gets this wealthy pedophiles "special love".

16. This money they "earned", ask yourself; where did it come from? From US, you sheeple. The Fed gives them as many billions as they want at zero percent interest, then Wall St gives it back to the Fed, but the Fed pays them 4% interest on the money the Fed just handed them. This is OUR TAXPAYER MONEY, people. That 4% comes out to 40 BILLION A YEAR THAT GOES INTO BANKERS POCKETS AS BONUSES on a trillion dollars of bounce back loans.

17. ARCreated says:

OMG this comment list needs to be cleaned up…really? hating others only breeds more hate…gross gross gross.
    As for Mr. Mustard, how beautiful to hear pure musical enjoyment. HOWEVER…you may notice that he is 93 days SOBER…meaning perhaps his situation might have something to do with drink??? MEANING we are each responsible for our lives. May he now find the help and direction to get his life back on track and may it be enough to help him see the beauty and talent within….may this also serve as yet another reminder to not judge a book by it's cover and that the divine is everywhere and within everyone.

18. This was not a bad cover at all. It's very different though.

19. That was a pretty good cover. Radiohead is one of my favorite bands.

20. That was a pretty good cover. Radiohead is one of my favorite bands.

21. thanks for u suggestion,i get it,good

22. jack says:

remy hair hair weft nice hair
    ibeautyhair.com

23. noah says:

This article gives the light in which we can observe the reality. This is very nice one and gives in depth information. Thanks for this nice article.Valuable information for all.

24. focus says:

hobos with a guitar!

25. beatsbydre says:

Between your current great or alright and your current honestly bad is almost certainly your current tough zone (I seriously explain this much better inside my article, believe me), but not one where you shouldn’t have the option to handle it located in all of your comments themselves. beats by dre

26. Juliet says:

I love this man's sincerity and the soul in his voice. He's had some rough days. What a gift that he opened himself to play and perform for us on camera. I'm sure it was very difficult for him knowing regardless of his gift he will still sleep alone on the street tonight.

27. may this also serve as yet another reminder to not judge a book by it's cover and that the divine is everywhere and within everyone.

28. jiaoyu1017 says:

Black Cocktail Dresses is also very nice. It also offers cheap evening dresses such as Red Evening Dresses, cheap flower girl dresses, and Mother Of the Bride Dresses 2011. http://www.ipromdress.co.uk

29. jiaoyu1017 says:

Yellow prom dresses and blue prom dresses are sales best. Black Cocktail Dresses is also very nice. It also offers cheap evening dresses such as Red Evening Dresses, cheap flower girl dresses, and Mother Of the Bride Dresses 2011. http://www.loveweddinggowns.com

30. dREW says:

I must show my thanks to the writer just for rescuing me from such a crisis. As a result of looking throughout the world-wide-web and seeing thoughts which were not productive, I assumed my entire life was well over. Being alive devoid of the solutions to the difficulties you’ve resolved as a result of your entire site is a serious case, as well as the kind which could have in a negaDiamond Investmenttive way affected my entire career if I had not discovered the website. Your personal natural talent and kindness in dealing with almost everything was helpful. I’m not sure what I would have done if I hadn’t come upon such a point like this. I am able to at this point relish my future. Thanks so much for your high quality and effective help. I will not hesitate to propose your web site to any individual who needs to have counselling on this problem.

31. It’s really a nice and helpful piece of information. I’m satisfied that you just shared this helpful information with us. Please keep us informed like this. Thanks for sharing.

32. I really liked it very much. Thanks a lot for posting such an informative site in this post.
    Thanks a lot!

33. I have to say those artworks that you have posted on the site look awesome.

34. You know so much about this subject. So much so that
    you made me want to learn more about it.

35. Good share, you topic is very great and useful for us…thank you.

36. [...] Best Creep cover ever (really). [...]

37. horoskop365 says:

I'm so excited with this post. I really appreciate sharing this great post. Keep up your excellent work.

38. Maestro says:

Great singing and amaying share :)

39. Kara Noel says:

This comment is disturbing.