With thanks for the tip to Kontraband: “Mary Roach reveals some crazy facts about orgasms in humans and in animals. Seriously though who would have thought that when women have orgasms it can give them bad breath after an hour or so? Seriously who studies this stuff?”
Shocking Sex Facts:
1. Cycles of light affect our fertility. “Women used to menstruate during the new moon (when it’s dark at night) and ovulate during a full moon (when it’s light). Now, in a world full of artificial lighting and bright screens, women are not as in tune with the connection between their biology and nature.”
2. Women can get pregnant five to eight days after having sex.
3. Wearing high heels can negatively affect a woman’s orgasm (because the arch in your feet causes your pelvic floor to contract, and therefore your muscles can’t contract further during orgasm).
4. Orgasms can make women more creative, productive and confident.
5. Birth control pills dampen the libido.
6. Sitting in chairs can arouse women (because it presses your pudendal nerves in a certain way).
11. Being well hydrated leads to better orgasms.
12. All woman can achieve orgasm.
And more, from TIME.
hot on elephant
Elephant Journal’s Holiday Gift Guide 636 shares A letter to the Anger that refuses to Leave Me. 626 shares Waylon’s favorite Ethical Gifts. 13 shares Learn Social Media, Writing, Editing & Journalism Ethics with elephantjournal.com. 4 shares The Real Reason so many Long-term Relationships Fail Sexually. 1,082 share Dear Pretty Young Woman Flirting with my Husband. 2,866 shares Year of the Fire Rooster 2017: What to Expect. 1,011 share Why a Year of No Dating was the Best Thing I ever did for Myself. 8,380 shares These Tweets (and Retweets) actually Happened. 1,392 share If you Want Him, you must Claim Him. 773 shares