With thanks for the tip to Kontraband: “Mary Roach reveals some crazy facts about orgasms in humans and in animals. Seriously though who would have thought that when women have orgasms it can give them bad breath after an hour or so? Seriously who studies this stuff?”
Shocking Sex Facts:
1. Cycles of light affect our fertility. “Women used to menstruate during the new moon (when it’s dark at night) and ovulate during a full moon (when it’s light). Now, in a world full of artificial lighting and bright screens, women are not as in tune with the connection between their biology and nature.”
2. Women can get pregnant five to eight days after having sex.
3. Wearing high heels can negatively affect a woman’s orgasm (because the arch in your feet causes your pelvic floor to contract, and therefore your muscles can’t contract further during orgasm).
4. Orgasms can make women more creative, productive and confident.
5. Birth control pills dampen the libido.
6. Sitting in chairs can arouse women (because it presses your pudendal nerves in a certain way).
11. Being well hydrated leads to better orgasms.
12. All woman can achieve orgasm.
And more, from TIME.
hot on elephant
The story behind the Elephant-headed God. 384 shares Visual Yoga Blog: Refresh your Eyes the Yoga Way. 170 shares Boomers vs. Millennials: Will We stay the Course or Change It? 392 shares Instead of Sabotaging another Relationship, here’s how to Run into your Fear. 1,007 share Join: Elephant’s Winter 2017 Academy. 9 shares Will & Grace are Back after 10 years & it’s the Funniest 10 minutes of Election Commentary Ever. 8,427 shares The Benching Mind-F*ck: Worse than Ghosting. 1,791 share The Fourth Kind of Love. 2,388 shares October Energy Forecast: Prepare for Limitless, Unconditional Love. 6,174 shares How Open-Hearted Men can Show Up for Strong, Independent Women. 2,928 shares