Reverend Danny Fisher declared Hottest Male Buddhist Blogger of 2009.

Via on Jan 4, 2010

Update: Danny Fisher’s Acceptance Speech.

Update! Vote overturned! Waylon Lewis, declared winner, caught reading Koran, Bible, and generally believing in external God! Reverend Danny Fisher declared the Winner of Hottest Buddhist Blogger 2009!

Update: Vote called, 1201 MST, Waylon Lewis wins! (See screen capture at bottom)

Update: winner of 2009 Hottest Male Buddhist Blogger ends Wednesday Jan 6th at Noon. Support your Man! Will be announced via twitter here and here.

Vote for the Best Buddhist Blogger Lady 2009 ends Thursday Jan 7 at Noon. Support your fave!

I was sitting at work sipping my tea and thinking about some of the recent blogs concerning women in Buddhism and sexual harassment in Yoga and though that it was getting rather serious (which is a good thing) but I wanted to take it someplace funny for a moment.  Then, it popped into my head

“If all the male Buddhist Bloggers were in a beauty pageant who would win?”

I know its a crazy concept but what can I say?  A weekend shift at the Library will do that to ya!  So, it works like this – I will list some of the Best Looking Male Buddhist Bloggers (IMHO) and below it insert a poll for you readers to vote!  So Vote Early and Often on which of these bloggers will enter G.L.O.B. [Gorgeous Lads Of the Buddhobloggosphere]

Remember, have fun with it!  Add some others in the comments if I missed some good ones.  These fellas spread the Dharma like mad and its a fun way of increasing some exposure.  I am also listing a few of my favorite female Buddhist Bloggers (although I will probably skip the Beauty Pageant angle).

~
GetAttachmentThe Reverend Danny Fisher ~ “I’m just a Buddhist Minister trying to benefit being. That’s all. Like anybody else, I’m also just trying to wake up. My role as a minister is simply about service. I see it as my responsibility to be avaliable to fellow practitioners of all traditions. This could mean teaching dharma if I am asked, or offering spiritual care and counseling. This could also mean pushing a broom in the Buddha Hallm or volunteering to help a neighboring temple of community that needs assistance. That’s all.”

paul_newmanKyle – The Reformed Buddhist ~ “Maybe we can see that right intention or pure motive is really no motive at all. Is it possible to free our minds completely in this modern age with all its complexities and detail? Perhaps not, but wouldn’t it be worth it to look and see for ourselves? Understanding is not learned, but only realized.”

george_clooney_swimmingNate – Precious Metal ~ “I was involved with a Death Metal band, Leukorrhea, for 8 years before life took it’s course and my career and “spiritual path” came to fruition.I am just a guy trying to have some fun, help a few people and raise some awareness on issues I think ought to be raised. Have fun while you’re here and feel free to leave comments and interact!”

jsJohn – Sweep the Dust, Push the Dirt ~ “I am a Zen Buddhist practitioner from the humble stretches of the South Jersey lowlands who is currently an expatriate to the Great Plains of South Dakota – Buddhist Purgatory.  I suffer and, well, thats it – I suffer.  You suffer.  We all suffer but in our own practice we can alleviate some of that suffering.”

bradpitt01Vince Horn – Buddhist Geeks & Numinous Nosense ~ “Vince Horn does his best to live as a modern monk. He spends part of his time in silence, meditating, introspecting, and pushing the bounds of spiritual development. The rest of the year he engages in the world, where he works primarily with spiritual media, writes for various online media sources, and barely manages to stay on top of his laundry. Fortunately his wife, and spiritual partner, Emily supports him with all of the above.”

stewartRod Meade Sperry – The Worst Horse & Shambhala Sunspace ~ “Rod Meade Sperry is the Shambhala Sun’s editor of web publications, and the brain behind TheWorstHorse.com, a site that has lovingly (and somewhat irreverently) documented the intersection of Buddhism, pop-culture, and subculture since 2005.”

elvisEthan Nichtern – The Interdependence Project & One City Blog ~ “Ethan Nichtern is the author of the acclaimed book One City: A Declaration of Interdependence (Wisdom Publications, 2007) and is currently finishing a novel….He is the founding director of the Interdependence Project and the host of the I.D. Project’s popular weekly podcast (available on iTunes). He is currently on the part-time faculty of Eugene Lang College at New School University in NYC, where he teaches Buddhism. Ethan lectures regularly at universities and venues around the country on Buddhism, meditation, contemporary culture, and activism.”

jeff_goldblumRohan Gunatillake – 21Awake & Hear&Now Project ~ “first encouraged to explore Buddhist meditation on a Tuesday evening in Oxford by a monk of Chinese/Jamaican/Canadian origin who was ordained in Sri Lanka. My practice’s centre of gravity lies near the Theravadan and vipassana traditions and…In 2007 I spent a five month period training at various monasteries and centres in Sri Lanka, Myanmar and Thailand – a period which demonstrated to me the incredible value of practising in the root countries of whatever tradition you’re into. Fresh angles, special connections and mosquitoes abound.”

jon stewart toplessWaylon Lewis – Elephant Journal & Waylon Enterprises Inc. ~ “Waylon Lewis, a second generation American Buddhist or “Dharma Brat,” is the founder of elephant journal and “elevision,” an online video talk show that’s raked in 200,000 views in its first year. A passionate environmentalist, 365-day bike commuter, mediocre climber and lazy yogi, Waylon’s working to become the Jon Stewart of the next greeneration”

Well, there we are!  And what handsome bunch they are.

Cheers, John Photos: [slide] The Buddhist New Media Man Poll:

Also check out my list of Best Female Buddhist Bloggers!

danny fisher hottest buddhist blogger

About John Pappas

John Pappas is a struggling Zen practitioner with a slight Vajrayana palate (but he won't admit it) stumbling between the relative and absolute through the Buddhist Purgatory otherwise known as the Great Plains of South Dakota. Emerging writer, librarian and aspiring hungry ghost, John spews his skewed perception of the dharma all over his personal blog, Subtle Dharma Mouth Punch as well as on the ephemeral Elephant Journal and occasionally (while having no artistic ability to speak of) on Dharma/Arte. John also loves tacos, homebrew, yoginis and obscure Cthulhu references. You can follow him on twitter under the handle @zendustzendirt

71 Responses to “Reverend Danny Fisher declared Hottest Male Buddhist Blogger of 2009.”

1. I'm going with Ethan or Rohan.

2. jdizzle says:

Umm, Rod Meade Sperry…duh.

3. Laura says:

dude. Clearly Rod.

4. Kyle says:

Dude, that ain't me!! I'm much sexier than that guy.

5. ann says:

Danny – because he's steadfast, and he makes me laugh (in a good way!)

6. Amy Renner says:

I'm not sure he's a Buddhist, but how could you leave out Bob Tzu at http://duhism.com? Ooooh… I want to rub his head with oil!

7. Jamie G. says:

How could you forget James Ure of the Buddhist Blog!!!

8. oh man! all of the above? ALL of the above!!!

9. Benjamin says:

VINCE! Numinous nonsense, Buddhist Geeks, and tough questions on ALL dharma fronts. GO VINCE!!!

10. Nikki Chau says:

Hey, women in yoga have to wear spandex push-up pants and contort our bodies in all sorts of weird positions (oh look, there goes your attention… hmm.. positions…), and the guys here merely have to show their profile pictures? How about some kind of walk-off?

Also, you left out C, "the man, the mortal, the sex-object, the hero…" http://www.c4chaos.com/about/

Oh, and I totally second Amy Renner. Bob Tzu's head is so seksi. And those glasses? Hawwwwt.

11. baranara says:

Dang! I tried to vote for sexy Dan Fisher twice but the site politely told me they already counted my vote!

12. Kyle says:

This is just payback for my Blogger Beefcake post…I knew it….well, at least youre tied with me!

13. susan says:

what is with the 5 o'clock shadow hair? looks good on no one. if you switched up vince, ethan, and rod, no one would know.

14. Chelsea Roff Chelsea says:

It would be nice for the hot Buddhist women of the world if you would include a mention of the status of these attractive Buddhist gentleman. Instead of the typical single or married designation, you should be sure to include a celibate category as well. :D

15. Tanya says:

Rod the Horse Man. And Waylon …but comments don't count, eh?

16. John Pappas John says:

I am so down with that! Can we invite Pat Buchanan to pose with Kyle!

17. Kyle says:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/34691708%… Pat Buchanan was not my idea of hitting the big time, but hey it gets the message out. Sexy, huh?

18. The Reverend is a photo of (Buddhist) Richard Gere, this is cheating! Though…Danny himself is beloved by all, a ladykiller, a spiritual Lothario.

19. bitterroot says:

Speciesism! I don't see no boar badgers in the runnin.

20. JayGaddis says:

This would have been a fun post had you actually put these cats real photos in there. Kinda stupid to put in real shots of some of them and not others. What were you trying to prove on that one?

21. Kyle says:

LOL I think John ws just being funny Jay. :-)

22. Maggie says:

That's a bad picture of Ethan Nichtern.

He's gorgeous!

And how did Richard Gere get on your list?

23. Adam says:

Ummm….. what about the Zennist?

24. mistressothepit says:

John is soooooo the hottie on here! I know he has a sweet sweet ass, and who doesn't love a man in a cowboy hat ;)

25. John Pappas John says:

Six freakin' votes! I get 6!

Damn you Rev Danny and your sweet, innocent looks and dreamy blue(?) eyes! I shake my fat fist at you!

26. okay, the continual shift to all phony photos is way too good.

27. Pema Wangmo says:

Rod is god.

28. What about us Yoga bloggers. Did you consider our feelings?

(And we have the paranormal power to actually turn ourselves into the people in the pictures.)

Bob Weisenberg

29. What about us Yoga bloggers. Did you consider our feelings?

Bob Weisenberg

30. TMcG says:

I love you all for your minds….

Please don't make me choose! I'm practicing equanimity

31. Rick Gilbert says:

no Larry Mermelstein or Barry Boyce? that's freakin' weak!

32. Julie says:

My write in vote is for Justin Whitaker. He's a hot one and a hell of a blogger!

33. Hot Buddhist bloggers??? What is the Buddhist scripture that inspires here? The Kama Sutra?

34. nope. it's a long lost recently translated annotation of the Lotus Sutra. It starts with "This I heard through the grapevine. One day the Budd was playing in the shallow end of the pond when…"

35. Congratulations, Waylon… Danny… John… everyone!

For everyone else who came in a Noble last, I'm eternally grateful you will not be the last of your kind! ;-)

36. [...] Zen Dust, Zen Dirt renounced all practice of looking into his sensations of boredom and fired up a Hottest Male Blogger (Congratulations, Waylon Lewis and/or Danny Fisher!) after he got the Femme Fatales of Buddhist [...]

37. [...] Lewis.  It was the first time we’d crossed paths since his crushing defeat of me in the “Hottest Male Buddhist Blogger 2009″ poll.  But we’re cool–he’s good people.  The best, in fact.  This is why you [...]

38. [...]  Rohan’s writing is known for its combination of humour, insight and freshness but sadly his looks aren’t quite so highly regarded AKPC_IDS += [...]

39. [...] ABOUT THE TITLE: The author of this piece was named "Hottest Male Buddhist Blogger 2009" some months back by this publication, though he has repeatedly tried to concede the honor to its [...]

40. Mike says:

We need more male beauty pageants for men. That would be hilarious.

41. John Pappas john says:

You are but if I included you the sexy-weter would have crashed the WordPress Poll Plug-in and then Waylon would have yelled at me! :D

42. Yah, we tried to include Danny's actual photo, too, and our entire site crashed, so many fans were clicking.

43. Justin, good to connect! Any time you want to write for us, we'll push your contented content! And I gotta admit, Rohan's got me beat…all the Boulderites keep voting for him or Rod or Danny…anyone but paunchy Waylon.