Our aim in the next year is to 1) stay alive, 2) move from 115,000 readers/month to 800,000, and 3) to see our talk show resume monthly interviews and be picked up by 20-100 green and other such web sites. We may take on investment from like-minded “smart money,” if that will help us regain a staff and infrastructure we’ve lost since our days as a print publication.
We haven’t had a formal Board of Advisors for two years. The last board included movers and shakers behind Shambhala Mountain Center, Chipotle and Noodles, prominent designers, green architects, media ad men, green entrepreneurs, slow food cooks, others.
Here’s a rather low-rent video I recorded after our first meeting some years ago. Feel free to not watch anything after the first two minutes!
First of all, I’d love to hear from readers who are interested in serving. Secondly, I’d love to hear more from the business-types out there about how to best form and manage a Board of Advisors, and what to expect from them. Should they contribute articles to elephant? Should we gather physically at least once a year? Should we Skype chat once a month? Who all should we petition to serve? I’d like to see a diverse range of Advisors from around the US, primarily, who are leaders in business, yoga, spirituality, the arts, ecofashion, politics, education, family…the various fields we focus upon that, together, help us to live a “mindful life”—a good life that happens to be good for others, and our planet.
Some accomplishments over the past few years:
- Walk the Talk Show with Waylon Lewis featured on more than 20+ green sites
- Waylon Lewis has served as columnist on Huffington Post
- Treehugger: “Changemaker”
- Discovery Network’s Planet Green: “Green Hero”
- Shambhala Sun: mentioned in anniversary issue as “Prominent Buddhist”
- Naturally Boulder: “’07 Entrepreneur of Year”
- 5280 Magazine: “Top Single”
- MNN: Top 10 US Green Video Blog
- Beliefnet: Top 10 Buddhist Blog.
- Twitter: @elephantjournal, winner of Twitter US Shorty Awards 2010 for “Green,” has been
- Our http://www.facebook.com/elephantjournal is now at 8500 Fans, and growing steadily.
hot on elephant
Elephant Journal’s Holiday Gift Guide 636 shares A letter to the Anger that refuses to Leave Me. 612 shares Waylon’s favorite Ethical Gifts. 13 shares Learn Social Media, Writing, Editing & Journalism Ethics with elephantjournal.com. 3 shares The Real Reason so many Long-term Relationships Fail Sexually. 1,071 share Dear Pretty Young Woman Flirting with my Husband. 2,387 shares Year of the Fire Rooster 2017: What to Expect. 1,011 share Why a Year of No Dating was the Best Thing I ever did for Myself. 8,322 shares These Tweets (and Retweets) actually Happened. 1,392 share If you Want Him, you must Claim Him. 772 shares