Our aim in the next year is to 1) stay alive, 2) move from 115,000 readers/month to 800,000, and 3) to see our talk show resume monthly interviews and be picked up by 20-100 green and other such web sites. We may take on investment from like-minded “smart money,” if that will help us regain a staff and infrastructure we’ve lost since our days as a print publication.
We haven’t had a formal Board of Advisors for two years. The last board included movers and shakers behind Shambhala Mountain Center, Chipotle and Noodles, prominent designers, green architects, media ad men, green entrepreneurs, slow food cooks, others.
Here’s a rather low-rent video I recorded after our first meeting some years ago. Feel free to not watch anything after the first two minutes!
First of all, I’d love to hear from readers who are interested in serving. Secondly, I’d love to hear more from the business-types out there about how to best form and manage a Board of Advisors, and what to expect from them. Should they contribute articles to elephant? Should we gather physically at least once a year? Should we Skype chat once a month? Who all should we petition to serve? I’d like to see a diverse range of Advisors from around the US, primarily, who are leaders in business, yoga, spirituality, the arts, ecofashion, politics, education, family…the various fields we focus upon that, together, help us to live a “mindful life”—a good life that happens to be good for others, and our planet.
Some accomplishments over the past few years:
- Walk the Talk Show with Waylon Lewis featured on more than 20+ green sites
- Waylon Lewis has served as columnist on Huffington Post
- Treehugger: “Changemaker”
- Discovery Network’s Planet Green: “Green Hero”
- Shambhala Sun: mentioned in anniversary issue as “Prominent Buddhist”
- Naturally Boulder: “’07 Entrepreneur of Year”
- 5280 Magazine: “Top Single”
- MNN: Top 10 US Green Video Blog
- Beliefnet: Top 10 Buddhist Blog.
- Twitter: @elephantjournal, winner of Twitter US Shorty Awards 2010 for “Green,” has been
- Our http://www.facebook.com/elephantjournal is now at 8500 Fans, and growing steadily.
hot on elephant
The story behind the Elephant-headed God. 344 shares Visual Yoga Blog: Refresh your Eyes the Yoga Way. 160 shares Boomers vs. Millennials: Will We stay the Course or Change It? 364 shares Instead of Sabotaging another Relationship, here’s how to Run into your Fear. 956 shares Join: Elephant’s Winter 2017 Academy. 2 shares The Benching Mind-F*ck: Worse than Ghosting. 1,391 share The Fourth Kind of Love. 0 shares What Teens need from their Parents. (Hint: It’s not Grounding & Punishment.) 0 shares 5 Ways to Kiss & Make Up for your Mercury Retrograde Mishaps. 499 shares “I’d look her right in that fat, ugly face of hers.” 1,249 share