“What did the “0” say to the “8”?
Aloha My Friend,
Isn’t it great to laugh?
*It reduces stress almost immediately.
*Laughter is the medicine that heals a broken heart.
*It raises your energy level and changes your mood instantly.
*It triggers serotonin production in your brain, which is the body’s natural feel good hormone, thus producing a “natural high”.
*If you laugh really heart, it can be an ab workout.
*If you’ve ever rolled over on the floor holding your stomach from laughing, you know what I mean.
*It gets things moving inside of you, awakening energy channels that were previously closed or blocked.
*If you are feeling down or sad, you can become uplifted, light hearted and blissful
simply by laughing.
So, how do you evoke laughter when you need
its healing properties?
1. Remain light-hearted. When you are heavy in the heart, and have a frown on your face, nothing will make you
laugh, no matter how funny it is.
2. Learn to laugh at yourself. No one is perfect. Many of the things you do on the day to day are silly, or just down right comical. If you can see the beauty and innocence in all of your actions, you won’t take yourself to seriously.
3. Have friends who make you laugh.
Nothing better than a friend who speaks frankly with pure intentions and a loving heart. It can make us laugh, smile and lift our spirit.
4. Go to a comedy club. There are some brilliant professional comedians out there, try it out.
A few of my favorite are:
Dean Cooke, Chris Rock, and Ellen.
Be prepared, many of them use negativity to make people laugh, this is not the best form of comedy.
Good, light-hearted jokes are the best.
They lift your mood without bringing negativity into your mind.
5. Watch a funny movie. If you’ve never seen silliness like Billy Madison (Adam Sandler) or Dumb and Dumber (Jim Carrey),
you need to see it just to know what I’m talking about. There’s something magical about people who are very oblivious to the world around them , not seeing it as the rest of society sees it.
6. Read comics. Either in the Sunday paper, or online you can find some good humor out there… One of my favorites is Garfield and Dilbert. Everyone has a slightly different style of humor that gets their juices flowing.. Figure out what yours is so you don’t waste a lot of time with the stuff that doesn’t do it for you:-)
7. Try Laughter Yoga! I’ve heard this style of yoga, which is rapidly catching on
world wide, can turn a frown upside down and with the right teacher, get you rolling
on the ground pretty quickly. Find a local class and give it a try~
I wish you a day filled with joy and laughter!
Blessings to you on your journey,
Dashama is the creator of 30DYC Global Yoga Challenge, (www.30dayyogachallenge.com), Pranashama Vinyasa Yoga, Thai Yoga Prana Therapy, Yoga Fire Dancing, Paddle Board Yoga, and her not for profit organization www.dashama.org which is dedicated to contributing to the lives of children everywhere especially with foster children and orphans. Join the Community and like minded conscious loving people from around the world. Love, Light and Laughter
hot on elephant
How I stopped Speed Dating my Passions & finally Committed. 236 shares New Moon in Scorpio: Only those who Believe in Magic will Find It. 5,434 shares She Smiles as she Cries: the Story of High-functioning Depression. 5,088 shares A Homemade Buddhist Ritual for Letting Go. 615 shares 10 Things to Know about Dating a Scorpio (& Why they Love Sex). 602 shares Living with C-PTSD Following an Abusive Relationship. 2,722 shares November Energy Forecast: Love & the Twin Flame magic of 11:11. 1,432 share Why we must Break to Heal. 1,042 share To my Diego: 4 Poems by Frida Kahlo that Demonstrate the Exquisite Nature of Love. 648 shares Why it’s Okay we Won’t ever have Sex. 290 shares