Seventh Sign of Hell: Sarah Palin to host Nature Documentary on Discovery.

Via on Mar 26, 2010

Sarah Palin does unto Alaska as Discovery would have America do unto their Ratings.

Perhaps I should be more happy about the prospect of Sarah Palin talking Nature to millions of tea partiers who last loved up Mother Nature when…well, I don’t know and they can’t remember…but somehow this has Douchebaggery written all over it.

Why doesn’t Discovery save their money for some get-out-of-the-box green talk show with a sense of humor and style that could reach the young hip masses, yearning to be green? It would cost 1/1000,000th of what they’re paying Gov. Palin, and, like the Daily Show did for Comedy Central, it could become a cheap break-out flagship.

For more, click the image below and go to Ecorazzi:

disovery ecorazzi "Sarah Palin" tv

Image via Ecorazzi.

About elephant journal

12 Responses to “Seventh Sign of Hell: Sarah Palin to host Nature Documentary on Discovery.”

1. Wha-wha-what? Sarah Palin on the Discovery Channel is like Fox TV giving a prime time show to Naomi Klein. Wow…

2. So is Sarah gonna teach us about how shooting wolves from helicopters and is the kind of stewardship God wants of us? Or maybe how global warming's saving the seals by drowning all those nasty polar bears?
    If I watched the Discovery channel, I'd boycott….

3. Christine says:

That woman is a total disgrace! Does Discovery Channel have a wish to get fewer viewers and/or ratings? It amazes how a TV channel that I have always respected – until I read this ridiculous news – takes an uncaring and cruel idiot like Sarah Palin seriously. I have never used the words cruel and idiotic together, but that iswhat she is in my opinion. She makes me sick.

4. Scott Parker Mast says:

i submit that the fact that someone this transparently stupid could get this much media coverage and policital (money) muscle supports the perspective that their really is a small band of like minded evil doers amongst us who succeed in perpetrating their agenda precisely because the majority of us cannot fathom that they exist. Sarah Palin forces me to confront my own shadow. She is part of us. Deny your inner Sarah at your own peril!!!! bwahaha ;-)

5. Greg says:

Scott, perhaps, from a Buddhist view, the question is why Sarah evokes such hatred. What has she actually done to you or anyone else for that matter?

It is imperative that we start to look at the way hatred is planted in our hearts and discover the causes and conditions that bring about hatred. What is it exactly that we fear? What is it exactly that we wish to destroy? What is the inner Sarah that we so dread?

• eddie says:

Greg perhaps sometimes we need to call a spade a spade….. this woman cares nothing for the environment save for which animals she can shoot. Granted the NRA supports wildlife reserves galore, but this is like wayyyyy out. She is pro-oil and very anti-conservation.

• Greg says:

Not sure that answered my question about the origin of hatred for her — are those reasons to hate her or reasons to disagree with her policy choices?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I do not suffer from hatred as well from time to time. I worry that we find our way to hatred too easily and spend too little time reflecting on the causes and conditions that bring it into being.

6. [...] we’re not quite getting paid what Sarah Palin was getting ($1 Million per episode), apparently all the flack Discovery got about using… (we can’t quite call her a politician) convinced Discovery execs that they were not only [...]

7. Barbara says:

The saddest part is that the same company that funds Treehugger.com is going to host this show.

8. Val says:

If you don't like it WRITE A LETTER to Discovery channel. As consumers of their product and those that sponsor the show, you do have some power! USE IT!

9. Larn says:

I bet its a special on wolves. this so so twisted!!!!

10. caleb says:

i suppose that it doesn't really matter to discovery channel as long as folks from all walks watch it. ratings! how long will it take until she's off the radar?! jesus! (…resurrect and do something about this).