- 1 lb block soap (olive oil, glycerin, goat’s milk are all good choices; available online or at your local apothecary)
- Molds (mini loaf pans, muffin tins or special soap molds are good choices)
- Turmeric powder (available at herbal and health food stores).
- Lemon and orange essential oils (available at your local apothecary or natural food store)
- Fresh lemon and orange
- Pretty paper (recycled gift wrap is perfect) and ribbon for wrapping
- Cut a block of soap into approximately 4″ x 2″ chunks and place in a microwave safe pitcher or bowl. Warm for 30 seconds to one minute, taking care to catch it before it foams over.
- Remove from microwave and add 1/8th teaspoon turmeric powder. Stir with a spoon until dissolved.
- Add 2-4 drops of orange essential oil until you are satisfied with the smell
- Grate 1 tsp of orange zest into the mixture and stir until combined.
hot on elephant
The story behind the Elephant-headed God. 427 shares Visual Yoga Blog: Refresh your Eyes the Yoga Way. 171 shares Boomers vs. Millennials: Will We stay the Course or Change It? 404 shares Instead of Sabotaging another Relationship, here’s how to Run into your Fear. 1,018 share Join: Elephant’s Winter 2017 Academy. 12 shares September’s Black Moon: The Rare, Powerful, Feminine Goddess Lilith. 42,136 shares Will & Grace are Back after 10 years & it’s the Funniest 10 minutes of Election Commentary Ever. 15,743 shares October Energy Forecast: Prepare for Limitless, Unconditional Love. 7,462 shares The Fourth Kind of Love. 2,541 shares How Open-Hearted Men can Show Up for Strong, Independent Women. 3,435 shares