- 1 lb block soap (olive oil, glycerin, goat’s milk are all good choices; available online or at your local apothecary)
- Molds (mini loaf pans, muffin tins or special soap molds are good choices)
- Turmeric powder (available at herbal and health food stores).
- Lemon and orange essential oils (available at your local apothecary or natural food store)
- Fresh lemon and orange
- Pretty paper (recycled gift wrap is perfect) and ribbon for wrapping
- Cut a block of soap into approximately 4″ x 2″ chunks and place in a microwave safe pitcher or bowl. Warm for 30 seconds to one minute, taking care to catch it before it foams over.
- Remove from microwave and add 1/8th teaspoon turmeric powder. Stir with a spoon until dissolved.
- Add 2-4 drops of orange essential oil until you are satisfied with the smell
- Grate 1 tsp of orange zest into the mixture and stir until combined.
hot on elephant
July’s Full Moon in Capricorn: The Heart wants what it Wants. The 4 Stages of a Good Divorce. How to Love a Woman who Scares You. Our Soulmates are Rarely Who We Expect. I Still Think of You. Men, Let’s Stop Fooling Ourselves: Size Matters. To the One Who Tried to Break Me. An Open Letter to the Fixers. How your Stored Memories in the Amygdala can lead to PTSD. How My Sister’s Death Transformed my Self-Perception.