10 Reasons to Read the Bhagavad Gita
1. You were supposed to during teacher training, but only got through 20 pages. And you’ve felt guilty ever since.
2. You need a fresh, new bedtime story to tell your kid, neice, nephew, dog, cat, or goldfish.
3. “I find a solace in the Bhagavad Gita that I miss even in the Sermon on the Mount. When disappointment stares me in the face and all alone I see not one ray of light, I go back to the Bhagavad Gita. I find a verse here and a verse there and I immediately begin to smile in the midst of overwhelming tragedies – and my life has been full of external tragedies – and if they have left no visible, no indelible scar on me, I owe it all to the teaching of Bhagavad Gita.” — Mahatma Gandhi
4. You think “Bhagavad Gita” sounds like an exotic disease that could have been prevented with a simple mosquito net. (I hear it gives you a horrendous rash!)
5. You were trying to follow your dharma, or life’s purpose, but got distracted by something shiny.
6. Learn about bhakti yoga (devotion), jnana yoga (knowledge), and karma yoga (service) and apply all of these things to your own practice.
7. It will give you something intelligent to talk about at cocktail parties. You’ll be the life of the party!
8. Shouldn’t you know more about the practice you’ve devoted so much time, effort, energy, and thought to?
9. It’s available for free online! And you’ve never been one to pass up a bargain … www.bhagabad-gita.us
10. Now you have a supportive community to share your comments and questions with.
Let’s motivate each other to get through this all-important yogic text.
Welcome to Gita Talk
for all Gita Talk blogs and general information.
Jump in anytime and go at your own pace.
hot on elephant
A letter to the Anger that refuses to Leave Me. 1,436 share Learn to Rock your Social Media & Write Mindfully with Waylon Lewis & Elephant’s Editors. 5 shares If you Love her, Don’t Destroy Her. 25,254 shares 2017 is The Year of Kali, Goddess of Endings & Beginnings. 32,798 shares The Best Marriage Advice from a Divorced Woman. 2,099 shares The True Meaning of Friday the 13th (isn’t what we think). 5,272 shares The Technique that helps me make Decisions under Pressure (& has Saved my Life More than Once). 530 shares Use This Buddhist Practice to Overcome Self-Doubt. 450 shares Two Kinds of Love we all Experience in our Lifetime. 984 shares 3 Seconds: “Joe Biden’s reaction to President Obama awarding him the Presidential Medal of Freedom (with distinction).” 1,164 share