10 Reasons to Read the Bhagavad Gita
1. You were supposed to during teacher training, but only got through 20 pages. And you’ve felt guilty ever since.
2. You need a fresh, new bedtime story to tell your kid, neice, nephew, dog, cat, or goldfish.
3. “I find a solace in the Bhagavad Gita that I miss even in the Sermon on the Mount. When disappointment stares me in the face and all alone I see not one ray of light, I go back to the Bhagavad Gita. I find a verse here and a verse there and I immediately begin to smile in the midst of overwhelming tragedies – and my life has been full of external tragedies – and if they have left no visible, no indelible scar on me, I owe it all to the teaching of Bhagavad Gita.” — Mahatma Gandhi
4. You think “Bhagavad Gita” sounds like an exotic disease that could have been prevented with a simple mosquito net. (I hear it gives you a horrendous rash!)
5. You were trying to follow your dharma, or life’s purpose, but got distracted by something shiny.
6. Learn about bhakti yoga (devotion), jnana yoga (knowledge), and karma yoga (service) and apply all of these things to your own practice.
7. It will give you something intelligent to talk about at cocktail parties. You’ll be the life of the party!
8. Shouldn’t you know more about the practice you’ve devoted so much time, effort, energy, and thought to?
9. It’s available for free online! And you’ve never been one to pass up a bargain … www.bhagabad-gita.us
10. Now you have a supportive community to share your comments and questions with.
Let’s motivate each other to get through this all-important yogic text.
Welcome to Gita Talk
for all Gita Talk blogs and general information.
Jump in anytime and go at your own pace.
hot on elephant
The story behind the Elephant-headed God. 344 shares Visual Yoga Blog: Refresh your Eyes the Yoga Way. 160 shares Boomers vs. Millennials: Will We stay the Course or Change It? 364 shares Instead of Sabotaging another Relationship, here’s how to Run into your Fear. 956 shares Join: Elephant’s Winter 2017 Academy. 2 shares The Benching Mind-F*ck: Worse than Ghosting. 1,391 share 5 Ways to Kiss & Make Up for your Mercury Retrograde Mishaps. 499 shares “I’d look her right in that fat, ugly face of hers.” 1,249 share 15 Cool Things Yoga has Taught Me. (Hint: None of them are Handstand.) 2,493 shares How to Quit your Job & Live in a Van. 2,633 shares