There’s lots of talk about all the benefits that come from cycling, and in the aftermath of an oil spill that’s proven just why we need to cut our dependence on oil, choosing two wheels instead of four is an even hotter topic than usual.
Now if you haven’t made cycling a part of your everyday lifestyle there’s no time to start like the present, and to get you stoked for your next ride, here are some excellent bike quotes:
- “Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.” – H.G. Wells
- “Think of bicycles as rideable art that can just about save the world.” – Grant Petersen
- “For instance, the bicycle is the most efficient machine ever created: Converting calories into gas, a bicycle gets the equivalent of three thousand miles per gallon.” – Bill Strickland, The Quotable Cyclist
- “The bicycle is just as good company as most husbands and, when it gets old and shabby, a woman can dispose of it and get a new one without shocking the entire community.” – Ann Strong
- “Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling.” – James E. Starrs
- “Life is like riding a bicycle – in order to keep your balance, you must keep moving.” – Albert Einstein
- “Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride.” – John F. Kennedy
- “When the spirits are low, when the day appears dark, when work becomes monotonous, when hope hardly seems worth having, just mount a bicycle and go out for a spin down the road, without thought on anything but the ride you are taking.” – Arthur Conan Doyle
- “Let me tell you what I think of bicycling. I think it has done more to emancipate women than anything else in the world. It gives women a feeling of freedom and self-reliance. I stand and rejoice every time I see a woman ride by on a wheel…the picture of free, untrammelled womanhood.” – Susan B. Anthony
- “Bicycling is a big part of the future. It has to be. There’s something wrong with a society that drives a car to workout in a gym.” – Bill Nye the Science Guy
hot on elephant
The 4 Stages of a Good Divorce. A Letter to my Children: You do not come from a Broken Home. These People are Rare Gems—Keep Them, Fight for Them, don’t Give Up on Them. Mom, can I Call her Mom, Too? Jon Stewart makes first appearance since retiring—”it’s not your country.” Waylon shares 10 transformingly beautiful Quotes about Love. My Marriage had to End—for my Life to Begin. 40 Things I’ve Learned in 40 Years. Why your Yoga Goals are (Probably) Irrelevant, if not Downright Dangerous. The Day I Stopped Running.