Osho: F*ck the F*cking F*ck.

Via on Oct 16, 2010

Holy F*ck is Right.

I don’t know anything about Osho, other than that they scream a bit, but I dig the picture of a guru in a silver chair giving a talk all about

“F*ck, the most important word in our language.”

OSHO International Foundation – http://www.osho.com

After Friedrich Nietzsche declared that “God is Dead” – the word FUCK has become the most important word in the English language.

Osho used this sketch on the word fuck first in a talk in 1980 and repeated it again in this later talk. We have seen the original of this sketch being attributed to Jack Wagner, George Carlin and Monty Python – no one seems to be sure.

“When Friedrich Nietzsche declared, “God is dead,” he himself became utterly helpless no consolation, no hope, no meaning. He had to go through a long process of insanity.

Nietzsche seems to me to be the most important figure that has dominated the world in this century. Without any argument his statement has infiltrated into every mind. But he was not aware of the implications. I have no problem if God is dead. There is no need to mourn his death.

The problem is that if God is dead, then you lose the most important word in your language and you will need a substitute. God was one end, one extreme, and when one extreme disappears from your mental vision, the necessary and inevitable is that you will fall to the other extreme.

And that’s what has happened, Milarepa. Instead of God, `fuck’ has become the most important word in our language. Even if Friedrich Nietzsche comes back, he will be surprised and he will try to resurrect somehow the dead God, because this is stupid. But you will need a whole report on it, a whole research.

One of the most interesting words in the English language today is the word `fuck’. It is a magical word. Just by its sound it can describe pain, pleasure, hate and love. In language it falls into many grammatical categories. It can be used as a verb, both transitive, “John fucked Mary,” and intransitive, “Mary was fucked by John”, and as a noun, “Mary is a fine fuck.” It can be used as an adjective, “Mary is fucking beautiful.”
As you can see, there are not many words with the versatility of fuck. Besides the sexual meaning, there are also the following uses:
Ignorance: Fucked if I know.
Trouble: I guess I am fucked now!
Fraud: I got fucked at the used car lot.
Aggression: Fuck you!
Displeasure: What the fuck is going on here?
Difficulty: I can’t understand this fucking job.
Incompetence: He is a fuck-off.
Suspicion: What the fuck are you doing?
Enjoyment: I had a fucking good time.
Request: Get the fuck out of here.
Hostility: I’m going to knock your fucking head off.
Greeting: How the fuck are you?
Apathy: Who gives a fuck?
Innovation: Get a bigger fucking hammer.
Surprise: Fuck! You scared the shit out of me!
Anxiety: Today is really fucked.
And it is very healthy if every morning you do it as a transcendental meditation just when you get up, first thing, repeat the mantra “fuck you” five times; it clears your throat too!

Okay, Vimal?”

About Waylon Lewis

Like this article? Leave a tip!

(We use PayPal but you don't need an account with PayPal.)

Elephriends - Mindful Affiliates

22 Responses to “Osho: F*ck the F*cking F*ck.”

1. Kat Warren says:

This is hillarious!!

2. Leigh Ann says:

I've been saying this for years!!! It's the best, most versatile word out there. Fucking brilliant.

3. Alice2112 says:

What kind of fuckery is this?

4. Jenny says:

Perplexed: Well, fuck me.

5. Absolutely the most versatile word in the language–you can even stick in in the middle of other words: absofuckinglutely!
    Infuckingcredible!

6. FilbertDesenex says:

So the passive voice makes a verb intransitive now? Cute

7. FilbertDesenex says:

It's also incredible that entire misreadings of Nietzsche's writings allow him to be considered the "most important figure that has dominated the world in this century." His writings are very difficult to get right auf Deutch, there are only a handful of decent translations available, yet somehow, every year, more 20-somethings in the states will engage in spastic soul searching and declare Nietzsche as "an influence."

8. steve says:

Gos is not dead. So, I guess you're fucked.

9. PeterSklivas says:

Positive proof that Osho was Enlightened – how did he keep a straight face through the soliloquy?

10. SteleEly says:

we are all fucking one
    so fuck for what it's worth
    let's get fucked on mindful fun
    to save this fucking earth

cowrite the rest of this fucking song with me at http://VoxErth.net

11. Ryan Oelke says:

This is a classic video that is pretty similar to the last bit in this article. Love this vid and the word fuck! http://youtu.be/26UA578yQ5g

12. Jewels says:

Is this really Osho? Because I feel like in my Library of Osho should have a transcript of this somewhere. I'm just confused, I can't tell if this is a joke or actually the spiritual philosopher Osho. My bad?

13. oneunitysourceyoga says:

Reading that was a great way to way the fuck up, while I had my coffee.

14. Andrew says:

As far as I’m concerned, Osho is still the Bhagwan Sree Rajneesh, who was a corrupt piece of shit. What’s that phrase, “you can’t polish a turd?” Yes, this is funny, but do some research on this guy. He fucked a lot of people in the 1980s in Oregon, in more ways than one!

15. tZILLA says:

there is no reason this scam artist slimeball Osho should be included on a buddhist site. i don;t object to the word Fuck, but this guy is not Buddhist, he is slime..shame on you elerphant journal for glorifying this piece of shit fucker!~

16. [...] a very Nietzsche concept – how does the saying go…”one must be careful fighting the monsters, lest you become [...]

17. [...] I was just lying on my back on the floor and the only word that properly described how I was feeling was “Fuck.” [...]

18. Glenn says:

Thank you Andrew and tZILLA for pointing out the darkness of Osho/Bhagwan Sree Rajneesh. Anyone interested in learning more can read "The Golden Guru" by James S. Gordon.

19. treinaalexander says:

What the fuck do we know?