Can there really be too much?
Have you been getting your daily dose of negative ions? Yes, we need exposure to negative ions in order to be more positive in our life. I know. It sounds a little backward doesn’t it? Negative ions are invisible molecules that clean the air around us by attaching themselves to positive ions (from dust, smoke, electronics, car exhausts, our breathing etc) then dragging them to the ground so they’re not just floating around for us to breathe into our system. Generally the more populated a city is, the less negative ions and the more positive ions there are.
Negative ions help relieve stress, increase vitality, strengthen the immune system and so much more. That’s why we all feel so incredibly good after being at a waterfall or at the beach. The human body is meant to be absorbing negative ions on a regular basis, so it’s no wonder why there are so many health problems related to fatigue, depression and immune disorders. It’s no wonder why so many people find it so hard to let their true nature shine.
All of this technology we have around us has taken living to another level! Every now and then it blows my mind as to what we have available to us. One downfall of all of this technology around us is that it has virtually eliminated the positive ions in the air we live in (Unless you live at a beach with no cars or electronics or out in the wilderness etc.)
When you look around most bedrooms or offices there is probably at least a couple of electronic devices. Think about it… Laptops, mobile phones, televisions, lights, heaters and all the other gadgets available now. They all release positive ions galore! Even man-made fibers in carpets, clothes and furniture all reduce the level of negative ions and increase the positive ones. The house you live in or the place you work at could very well be more polluted than outside! Combine this with other pollutants, if you live in a populated area and you can almost guarantee that you’re getting exposed to way too many positive ions. This over-exposure to positive ions contributes to the body being in toxic overload, unless small steps are made to make your environment a little more negative. Here are some tips to help bring more negative ions into your life;
- Have Himalayan rock salt lamps or an ion generator or purifier in your house and in your office if possible. These lamps and purifiers mop up positive ions and help bring back natural harmony within your environment.
- Place pot plants (real ones) throughout the house and office. It’s very common for modern houses to be more polluted than outside, so enjoy bringing the beauty of nature into your home.
- Connect with nature. Get barefoot and walk on raw earth. The earth is charged with negative ions! Our feet are conductors to absorb negative ions, so go outside and experience a lovely barefoot walk. Simply walking on the earth is so healing.
- If you have the opportunity to go to the beach or a waterfall, go for it! There’s a reason why we feel so good after being at the beach or at a waterfall. Because of the crashing pure water, these precious parts of the planet are especially charged with negative ions.
- Use natural, preferably organic deodorants, body washes and creams. Even use Himalayan rock salt soaps, which are quite mainstream now.
- If you really want to go the extra distance in your efforts to increase negative ions and decrease positive ones in your life, use organic natural sheets, towels, clothes, and dishwasher and laundry detergents.
So, if you’re not feeling as good as you know you could feel, it may be as simple as looking at the environment you’re in and making some small changes here and there. I can almost hear my friends saying, “Oh there goes Stuey, the new age hippie again!” In my mind, making these changes is anything but “new age” or “hippyish.” To me, it’s all about getting back to our true nature, which is full of joy and vitality. We’re meant to connect with nature, not pollutants, so in gratitude for the body’s we have been blessed with and in gratitude for the amazing planet we live on, do yourself a favour and bring some negative ions into your life.
If you have any other ideas to help increase negative ions in people’s lives I would love to read your comments.
Stuart Watkins was born and raised in Perth, Australia and began his journey into the fitness industry at the age of 19. He is a fitness and lifestyle coach and a certified Holistic Fitness Practitioner, Personal Trainer, Holistic Life Coach, Yoga Teacher, Pilates Instructor, Massage Therapist and Stress Management Specialist. He believes in balance, and a harmony between mind and body that allows for a total achievement of every goal in life. You can visit Stuart’s webpage or find him on Facebook!
*Photos by Natasja Kremers
hot on elephant
The story behind the Elephant-headed God. 344 shares Visual Yoga Blog: Refresh your Eyes the Yoga Way. 160 shares Boomers vs. Millennials: Will We stay the Course or Change It? 364 shares Instead of Sabotaging another Relationship, here’s how to Run into your Fear. 956 shares Join: Elephant’s Winter 2017 Academy. 2 shares The Benching Mind-F*ck: Worse than Ghosting. 1,391 share The Fourth Kind of Love. 0 shares 5 Ways to Kiss & Make Up for your Mercury Retrograde Mishaps. 499 shares “I’d look her right in that fat, ugly face of hers.” 1,249 share What Teens need from their Parents. (Hint: It’s not Grounding & Punishment.) 0 shares