“Yoga is a Gateway to Demonic Possession.”

Via on Oct 18, 2010

Yoga: Evil.

If you’re doing yoga just as a form of exercise or aerobics, it’s okay.

If, however, your yoga involves connecting more directly with the present moment—God, or the nature of the universe, one could say—then you’re a heathen, and (though we like you, think you’re nice and all)…well…

…you’re going to hell.

The title of the below video is…awesome.

About Waylon Lewis

17 Responses to ““Yoga is a Gateway to Demonic Possession.””

1. Derek Beres says:

Oh man, I just watched the demonic possession one. That was painful. Here is the one I referenced in my article: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhcoBLdM8CQ

2. candicegarrett says:

wow. How can someone say that yoga is beneficial and "calming" to the body and has "amazing benefits" but also say "we have to look at people holistically" and that we "have to examine what this practice does to the soul" in a way that is also questioning the spiritual benefits of yoga?? Is she serious? She answered her own question!

3. inagaddadavegan says:

A Christian is more likely to be led astray by other Christians, than they are by practicing Yoga, with or without meditation. The early (and modern as well) Christian ascetics – many of them recognized as great Saints today – meditated deeply and were known to go into "ecstasies." I think today's Christians would burn them at the stake. A person who truly trusts in God isn't afraid to clear the mind and benefit the body through exercise.

4. Kert Hubin Kert Hubin says:

Yes, Christians… Yoga is incompatible with your religion. Please stay home so there's more room for me to spread out in class.

In Christ,

One Huge Queen

5. Kert Hubin Kert Hubin says:

Btw, any demon with a bod like the one in the painting is free to possess my ass ANY DAY!

6. Irisblooming says:

"You are that Being".

7. Awesome! I always new yoga had benefits but demonic possession…now that's cool m/

Ok I listen to rock music while doing yoga…will that push me over the edge?

• Dean says:

Oy … I too have listened to music, including rock, Steely Dan, in fact. I'm feeling a strange sort of harmonic pull inside my brain. I think I am doomed.

8. Roger Easson says:

I love it when a group of heretics like the Southern Baptists pretend to speak for all Christianity. Yoga is about stretching and flexibility. Flexibility is life, rigidity is death.

9. Guest says:

Wake up and acknowledge your shadow. Nearly all humans are hosts to spiritual parasites, or demons. It is a collective phenomena.

10. [...] is a very important day in this country, whether you are a Democrat or Republican, Christian or demon yogi – yes, that’s right, it’s Election Day! In my neck of the woods, by the end of next [...]

11. Suravi says:

Satguru Sivaya Subramuniyaswami explains that their will always be those who use fear as a tool of control. Clarity of Hinduism, or 'Sanatana Dharma' (path of eternal truth) brings an understanding that all fables and Gods within the pantheon of hinduism philosophy are metaphorical for specific aspects of our own being, and that all beings are not only one, but pure and divine. Rising up, out of the lower nature of fear driven beliefs is a natural evolution to a yoga practice. It only makes sense that those in positions of control would react in fear, as well as attempt to instill fear in others. The challenge is for yogis to hold their peace, and not be rocked on the currents of fear driven perspectives.

12. Rick says:

So yoga leads to demonic possession. Interesting. If anything, my yoga practice has helped to release me from my demons and liberate my soul, something I didn't seem to be able to accomplish through Christian faith. I believe what I myself have tested and judged to be true.

13. Holy Shit! That last 15 seconds had me rolling! What pose causes one's lips to expand like that? I would say that those things are possessed BY EVIL!

On a slightly less funny note. I've been warned that zazen is an opening to the devil. I usually just laugh. It really is all about control. When someone adapts a contemplative lifestyle it lessens the need for pastors, churches and ritual.

and that is very scary to some people!

14. Martine Ford says:

Yoga does not threaten the transformation of your sprituality it wonderfully amplifies it, more people should try a few different sorts of yoga before they comment!

15. [...] They wined and dined me, served me graciously…and then, halfway through dinner, it came up somehow in conversation, they casually admitted that, yes, I was going to hell because I was a heathen. [...]

16. j.arjuna says:

that medieval painting isn’t yoga! it’s MMA! u gotta hand it to Dante, he was years ahead of his time.