I am the King of the Monkey Mind!
I never force my mind to go anywhere in particular when I sit zazen. When thoughts come, I let them come. When they go, I let them go. Of course there are times when the chugpi is struck three times, signaling the end of practice and I realize that really, I was just pretending to meditate the entire time.
So from my distraction to your amusement I present:
Top 20 Thoughts to Think While Pretending to Meditate!
19. What’s Opera Doc? “Oh Bwunhilda! You’re so wovewy! Yes I know it, I can’t help it!”
18. Ow! Cramp cramp cramp cramp cramp cramp cramp!
17. Does the song The Final Countdown have any lyrics besides, “It’s the final countdown!”?
16. If I were Wolverine and my claws extended right now, which body parts would be effected?
15. I got this shit down!
13. Choo-choo train! Woo woo!
12. Everyone would totally freak out if I started floating.
11. I sure do love watching cat videos on YouTube.
10. Access: denied. Access: denied. Access: denied. Access: denied. Access: granted. Woohoo!
9. Now that would be the perfect sandwich!
8. “Hello Blake!” “Hello face emerging out of the grain of the zendo’s hardwood floor!”
7. Does it really matter that Han Solo shot first?
5. Calliope music!
4. Frag this! I’m taking up yoga! Mmmm… yoga pants…
3. I wonder what would happen if I replaced the regular incense with the bacon-sented variety.
2. Wish I was a little bit taller, wish I was a baller, wish I had a girl who looked good I would her. wish I had a rabbit in a something something something, ’64 Impala. OH! Cruising down the street in my ’64. Jockin the bitches, slapping the hos. Went to the park to get the scoop. Knuckleheads out there cold shooting some hoop.
1. Don’t know.
hot on elephant
Learn to Rock your Social Media & Write Mindfully with Waylon Lewis & Elephant’s Editors. 5 shares A letter to the Anger that refuses to Leave Me. 1,440 share If you Love her, Don’t Destroy Her. 26,326 shares 2017 is The Year of Kali, Goddess of Endings & Beginnings. 33,583 shares The Best Marriage Advice from a Divorced Woman. 2,102 shares The True Meaning of Friday the 13th (isn’t what we think). 5,273 shares The Technique that helps me make Decisions under Pressure (& has Saved my Life More than Once). 530 shares Use This Buddhist Practice to Overcome Self-Doubt. 453 shares Two Kinds of Love we all Experience in our Lifetime. 990 shares 3 Seconds: “Joe Biden’s reaction to President Obama awarding him the Presidential Medal of Freedom (with distinction).” 1,164 share