Ken Buck is EXTREME! Wait, that sounded like it was a good thing.
The new sloganized attack on Ken Buck is that he is “too extreme for Colorado”. Even after he has flip flopped on several key issues in his campaign to please the more moderate voter, he still is too extreme for Colorado. That says a lot about the views he stormed onto the political scene with.
- His stance on abortion. He does not support abortion in the case of rape or incest,but will support if the mother’s life is in danger. And to think this is a softened stance! Here is why this stance bothers me so damn much. I cannot believe that Buck would not even give the option to women to end a pregnancy that they had no want or desire to be a part of, not conception or delivery. I have read some cases of women keeping the baby (warning, graphic content) and being as happy as if it came from a loving relationship, but there are other cases where a woman is so traumatized by the event that carrying a baby for nine months and delivering it would just be a constant reminder of the pain she has experienced at the hands of someone else. Would it be unfair to offer her the option of how she would like to handle being sexually assaulted? At the end of the day, not every woman who is the victim of rape and becomes pregnant will abort their child, so it’s not like it’s a given when this situation occurs that an abortion will occur. Why can’t we give women even more power after an event that may have shaken their thoughts of safety and ability to protect themselves. I see it only fair that this should be where our society sits on this issue.
- He is apathetic about keeping manufacturing jobs in the United States but wants to keep certain jobs (computers, cars, and energy) in the country. Even though Colorado has lost 44,000 jobs due to our trade deficit with China, and we aren’t even the worst off. It just seems like he should be fighting much harder for the blue collar worker in which this nation once relied on.
- When asked why people should vote for him, he said “Because I don’t wear high heels”. Don’t believe me? The video is below.
- He believes that climate change is a hoax, even with Colorado’s leading climate scientists saying the opposite. Then in order to please moderate voters he claims that climate change does exist, he just does not think it is man made.
- He also refused to prosecute a very clear case of rape (this is an article and transcript which may not be safe for work or children, please be aware). Hell, the offender admitted he knew what he was doing was wrong and Buck did not believe he would receive a unanimous decision in the court and even called this a case of “buyer’s remorse”.
- Buck compares being gay to being an alcoholic. It is a choice according to Buck but birth could be somewhat of an influence.
- His idea of a fair tax is a flat tax that seems to target essentials like groceries that people are struggling to afford right now, let alone with a huge tax levied on it. It would be noble if he stuck with it but again just kept backing off his extreme stances to moderately extreme stances. Not much changed.
We do not need this man representing the more moderate people of Colorado. I know that Republicans sound like they know what they are doing but where is there plan? All I have heard is the word “NO!”, and it just kept being a negative campaign. If the 90’s taught us anything, it’s that when the Republicans say no, they are really saying no to change that could help this country.
hot on elephant
How I stopped Speed Dating my Passions & finally Committed. 239 shares New Moon in Scorpio: Only those who Believe in Magic will Find It. 8,301 shares She Smiles as she Cries: the Story of High-functioning Depression. 5,145 shares A Homemade Buddhist Ritual for Letting Go. 625 shares November Energy Forecast: Love & the Twin Flame magic of 11:11. 2,154 shares Living with C-PTSD Following an Abusive Relationship. 3,222 shares 10 Things to Know about Dating a Scorpio (& Why they Love Sex). 624 shares Why we must Break to Heal. 1,047 share Why it’s Okay we Won’t ever have Sex. 343 shares An Open Letter to the Nice Guys. 511 shares