You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition. What you’ll discover will be wonderful. What you’ll discover is yourself.” Alan Alda
What I am actually saying is that we need to be willing to let our intuition guide us, and then be willing to follow that guidance directly and fearlessly. -Shakti Gawain
The color of this Chakra…Indigo, deep sea blue….The fathomless depths of the ocean is what I associate with this chakra. That place that is deeply silent, mysterious, calm and a bit frightening . And that’s about how I feel about my intuition. I ignore my intuition a lot…but I often listen to urges. Sometimes I have trouble distinguishing between the two quite honestly.
It’s so easy to get confused. For the layers of self doubt and wanting to fit in to blur the messages from spirit and from the divine. It’s so hard to quiet the voices of distraction and ego. It is also easy to laugh off or ignore those flashes of psychic interference as unreal or hallucinatory…society tells us that is crazy talk. But there is a reason mystics and sages seem a bit crazy; they are quite literally hearing voices. And if you would like to hear them too, this is the chakra for you.
This is the seat of formless consciousness, ESP, intuitive senses, feeling and touching and seeing beyond the five senses. This is this place that tell you when something is wrong before you “know” it…it’s the thing that warns you to leave that toxic relationship, to not have that next drink, to get out of bed and do your practice. It’s jiminy cricket telling you to be honesty and good…but that darn devilish ego will come in and squash that crazy bug time and time again. Ego will quiet that voice with fear and lies and negative thought patterns, it will scream and holler and doubt and give you false intuitions (that I call urges and cravings)
You know it’s true – you have heard the voice that said buyin that pair of 80.o0 yoga pants will not make you happy, it’s a bad idea…but your ego says “you are worth it, right?”…intuition tries to remind you that you are spiritual and beyond form and divine…but ego tells you that you can only feel good if your butt looks high and tight in the right pants…it’s an endless conversation.
This is why I meditate, chant, ride my motorcycle, teach, write, and read. These experiences tend to help me quiet the ego mind and hear deeper…to the voice within that doesn’t need a new pair of shoes, or to lose 15 lbs, or to be able to do hanumunasana…it’s the voice that says all these things can be an experience of the physical realm and as such are worthy pursuits, but as a source of happiness they are lame. My intuition tells me that ALL THIS is just perfect as it is, as an experience, not as THE experience or THE answer….my intuition tells me that this moment is everything and nothing at the same time. That it is perfect and pointless simultaneously.
My intuition tells me that sometimes when it all makes sense to me, in that moment I know I sound the craziest to others… and that’s OK. It’s OK to be a little different, a little misunderstood… a little uncomfortable.
Most importantly sometimes intuition will go against everything you have been taught, or heard, or even believed…but as a wise man once said…don’t believe everything you think, sometimes you have to feel. Listen. Listen deeply…everything is right there…everything.
- Element—Etheric energy, mind principle, electrical or telepathic energy, all elements in their pure essence, Soul of Creation, Mind, the active Life principle
- Endocrine gland—The pineal gland (epiphysis) is a light-sensitive gland that produces the hormone melatonin, which regulates the instincts of going to sleep and awakening. Think of this Chakra as the absolute center of the brain, even if it is also called The Third Eye. This relates more to the radiating force of its energy.
- Energetic Life Force—Putting ideas into action, creating reality from thought, expanding the mind and intuition, transcendent state
- Essential Oils—Geranium, lavender, rosemary, spearmint. Also for aromatherapy: rose, amber, sandalwood
- Female Spin—Counter clockwise; Male Spin: Clockwise
- Flower Essences—Wild Oat, Queen Anne’s Lace, Madia, Vanilla from the Orchid.
- Function—Spiritual Mind. Psychic awareness. The alpha and omega of all that is, visible and invisible, intuition, and ESP: Knowledge or perception without the use of any of the 5 senses. ESP includes clairvoyance (knowledge about a distant object or event, such as an unreported accident), telepathy (reading another’s thoughts or sending one’s own to another), and precognition (predicting the future). But in the end it’s all about the capacity to visualize and understand mental concepts. Tricks and psychic abilities are great for the ego, but this is not what this center is really about. If you want to experience The Third Eye, it is important to do it with love in your heart. It is also important to be able to use these capacities in a practical and down-to-earth way.
- Gemstone—Amethyst, apatite, azurite, lapidolite, Lapis lazuli, purple or blue fluorite, clear quartz crystal, sugalite, blue sapphire, tourmaline, sodalite, sapphire, azurite, sugalite, cerussite, opal, tourmalinated quartz, iolite, polyhedral, agate, labradorite, celestite
- Keywords—Perceive, psychic and intuitive senses, ESP, remote viewing, beyond the five senses, limitless time and space consciousness, the high mental body, command center, the spiritual eye and guidance, eye of psychic vision, see the big picture.
- Lotus Petals—2 (white)
- Musical Tone—A (La)
Mantra—OM (AUM) (called Chakra seedsby my teacher) There are meditations given later in this series for each Chakra.
- Meditation Purpose —All powers, both natural and supernatural, Atman, all-powerful spirit. OM (aum) and the tone is heeeeee
- Meridians— Energy Yang Organ
Asana (yoga pose) for the week:
Wellness Tip of the Week:
Try a new way to find the answer to a burning question. See a tarot reader, or a psychic. Go enjoy a palm reading or have your astology chart done. You don’t have to uproot your whole life based on the experience, but you can find ways to tap into your own intuition being the presence of someone who lives there. Don’t buy into it? That’s OK…enjoy the experience as just that the experience…you never know what new and interesting insights you might get, if nothing else it will get you unstuck!
Mantra for the week:
inhale: I see exhale: all
hot on elephant
Elephant Journal’s Holiday Gift Guide 636 shares A letter to the Anger that refuses to Leave Me. 511 shares Waylon’s favorite Ethical Gifts. 7 shares Join: Elephant’s Winter 2017 Academy. 27 shares Trevor Noah just won my Respect. 2,529 shares December Forecast: Letting Go of 2016 & Leaning into 2017 with Love. 5,999 shares Year of the Fire Rooster 2017: What to Expect. 502 shares How to Say Goodbye to that almost-great Love. 1,405 share For the Women who are Trying to Do & Be Everything to Everyone. 2,913 shares How to Say “F*ck it” to Fear & Anxiety (& Start Living your Life!). 819 shares