5 Reasons to Eat Organic.
- Extensive studies point to organically grown fruits & vegetables containing much more vital nutrients than those that are conventionally farmed.
- Organic produce is free from the chemicals that weaken our bodies & cause disease, like toxic pesticides, and synthetic fertilizers. The results? A healthier you. It should be assumed that food free of chemicals is likely more beneficial to your body.
- If you are keen on going green, eating organic is even a healthier choice for our environment. According to a study by Cornell University, 30% of the world’s soil has been destroyed due to erosion. Organic farms reduce erosion, as well as toxic runoff by cultivating chemical-free, nutrient-rich soil, full of microorganisms and earthworms which keep crops healthy & less susceptible to disease. Mother Nature’s disease-fighting organisms simply cannot live in soil saturated with toxic chemicals.
- Organic food does not use GMO’s, or genetically modified organisms. GMO’s have been under close scrutiny, largely since this biotechnology is completely unnatural. GMO’s are potentially harmful to our health. Read about why you should say no to GMO’s.
- The most important reason, I believe: Do it for yourself. You have the facts, the criticisms, and most importantly the will to change. Being aware of what you put in your body has become increasingly important since there are chemicals & toxins permitted by the FDA for use in the conventional manufacturing of food that are harmful to human & animal life. Your health has to be worth the extra dollar or two, right?
hot on elephant
A letter to the Anger that refuses to Leave Me. 1,369 share Learn to Rock your Social Media & Write Mindfully with Waylon Lewis & Elephant’s Editors. 5 shares 2017’s First Full Moon in Cancer: Everything we Want is on the Other Side of Fear. 22,547 shares Why I Snort Raw Cacao. 9,261 shares The Best Marriage Advice from a Divorced Woman. 1,952 share If you Love her, Don’t Destroy Her. 6,715 shares The True Meaning of Friday the 13th (isn’t what we think). 5,229 shares How to Disentangle ourselves from Karmic Relationships that Drive us Crazy. 146 shares You’ve Ruined Me for Anyone Else. 1,730 share 2017 is The Year of Kali, Goddess of Endings & Beginnings. 2,021 shares