The Intimate Moments of Homebirth.
My intention with this blog is to create awareness and understanding around homebirth. As you read each entry, please be mindful that each Mama has opened her heart and shares her most intimate moments with you in order to create awareness and understanding, as well as to inspire others to choose to birth at home.
Once upon a time, at the birth of the United States of America, most women birthed at home. The birth knowledge, birth intuition, birth wisdom and power belonged with women and midwives. In a brief 200 year period of our history, women have lost their power, given it away and it has been taken.
Now, many women are:
- – choosing to re-claim their innate and intuitive abilities and wisdom to birth without fear.
- – consciously choosing to not partake in the fear that society and the medical community has created around birth.
- – choosing love in birth and birthing in love.
- – tuning into the messages of their bodies and allowing their bodies to birth new life onto this earth as they instinctively and intuitively know how to do.
- – reclaiming and embracing their power and trusting themselves and their babies!
The moment of conception intimately takes place within our homes. The moments of parenting and raising our children take place within our homes. Let us embrace the intimate and sacred moments of birth in our own homes, surrounded by loving presence and surrendering to trust and our higher power.
The vibration of love at birth instead of fear allows our babies to maintain their highest radiance and life force, as is evident in these beautiful photographs. The vibration of love at birth helps Mama to open her heart, her place of connection between the divine and earth.
Our bodies are perfectly designed to both grow and birth healthy happy babies.
Again, please view this blog with the deepest respect and admiration possible for these beautiful women, babies, and families. Please notice your thoughts and feelings as they arise when you are viewing the photos and reading the statements of reflections from these gracious mothers. Please do share your thoughts and feelings so that the mothers will know that they are both respected and admired for sharing their experiences and for what they have accomplished – beauty in birth – bringing beauty to life. Thank you mothers!
- Be advised that Helene is not to be held responsible for any conceptions that occur as a result of the impact that viewing this blog may have.
Welcome to Homebirth.
If you would like more information, visit Mothers Naturally to learn more about home births, pregnancy nutrition, the benefits of having a midwife, and much more. Also visit Citizens for Midwifery, a national consumer-based group promoting the Midwives Model of Care! CfM works to provide information and resources promote the local midwife, as well as midwives and midwifery care across the United States! Also subscribe to Midwifery Today to check out birth stories, articles, news and review. For more information on the history of midwifery and homebirth, read the book “Midwives, Nurses, and Witches: A History of Women Healers” by Barbara Ehrenreich.
The Normalizing Homebirth Project Inc.
Inspired by the heart and voice of these beautiful and courageous homebirth mothers who have shared their experiences, I have founded a 501(c)3 non-profit corporation, The Normalizing Homebirth Project Inc., whose mission is to support homebirth mothers with scholarships and homebirth mentoring. Support this project today with as little as $5 and give the gift of homebirth to a family who would otherwise be unable to birth at home due to insurance companies refusal to cover the cost of homebirth. The financial cost of homebirth is far less than a hospital birth (literally thousands and in some cases even tens of thousands less), yet many insurance providers refuse to cover the cost for a homebirth midwife. Every woman deserves a choice!
If you are a woman interested in homebirth or planning a homebirth, please do consider the invaluable service of regular emotional support through telephone communication with a homebirth mentor. Through grants and donations that we receive we plan to offer scholarships and in the near future we will have the application available from our website.
You can become involved today in supporting this grassroots effort in several ways. We are looking for volunteers to serve as Homebirth Mentors. Donations and fundraisers are greatly appreciated and accepted. More volunteer opportunities are on the horizon.
“Be the change you wish to see in the world!” Mahatma Gandhi.
Would you like to be involved in future creative projects to bring awareness to divine mothering and birthing with love?
- Mother Divine – A compilation of poems on mothering from mothers around the globe. Submit your poem here.
- Homebirth Unveiled – The book! Similar to this blog, Homebirth Unveiled – the book, will serve to inspire others with the voice and heart of homebirth mothers. (The process for submitting your photo and reflection is separate from this blog.) Coming Soon!
- Honoring the Feminine with Words of the Heart – Open Mic in Boulder, Colorado. This poetry, short story and song event will serve as a fundraiser for the Normalizing Homebirth Project Inc. on Friday January 28th at 7pm. Your $20 love donation includes drinks and desserts. Please register by emailing Helene ([email protected]). Materials and support are available to assist you in organizing your own fundraiser for the Normalizing Homebirth Project Inc.
- In order to participate in upcoming publications with me at Elephant Journal blogs for birth and mothering, friend me on facebook or subscribe to my blog!
Final Words of Thanks
This project has given me an opportunity to connect with so many women on different levels. I have thoroughly enjoyed, from the depths of my heart, hearing your stories and creating positive dialogue about natural birth and homebirth. I appreciate your willingness and openness to give of yourselves through this blog. You are amazing, powerful and beautiful women! May you continue to share your stories of love and open your hearts to the beauty all around us. Yours in service, Helene.