Natural Remedies for Hair Loss. ~ Michael Edwards
This post comes via Michael Edwards of Organic Lifestyle Magazine.
Spending a few hours a day upside down while massaging the scalp would be the fastest way to promote hair growth, but it’s not very practical.
Hair loss is caused by genetics, hormones, or poor circulation of the scalp—usually all three.
Excess dandruff can cause hair loss, but this, too, is a sign of poor scalp circulation. Poor scalp circulation is a sign of overall poor blood circulation. Poor blood circulation is a sign of poor health.
It is possible to stop hair loss and even reverse it with proper health and increasing blood flow to the scalp. The natural remedy for hair loss, first and foremost, is to restore the body to optimum health, making sure the kidneys are functioning properly, the liver is detoxified, the colon is clean and healthy, the body is not overrun by Candida, and blood circulation is not impeded by toxins.
Also, make sure you are consuming a diet high in plants like potatoes, bell peppers, sprouts, and cucumbers, all of which are high in silicon.
Make sure your diet is not deficient in iron, zinc, B vitamins, omega 3s, trace minerals, amino acids, or salt (not refined salt, but colorful mineral rich sea salt).
In addition, you can speed up the process with a few of these natural hair loss remedies:
- Apply castor oil to the scalp and hair, and rinse with apple cider vinegar every day.
- Use hot and cold hydro therapy on the scalp to increase blood flow. Gently tap (with the back side of your brush) parts of scalp showing hair loss 50 times.
- Lay down with the head hanging off the bed and brush hair from the scalp to the ends 1oo times a day. It should be noted that brushing your hair too much without promoting good scalp health with diet and other therapies may result in more hair loss.
- Bring the scalp and hair to optimum heath with Morocco Method hair care. Use their hair detox kit, which works amazingly well.
- Dr. Budwig’s Quark and Flax will improve the body’s blood circulation, radically decrease inflammation, promote better absorption of vitamins and minerals (which can alleviate graying), and remedy dry skin.
- Soak Amla Powder with water in cast iron overnight. Use this to wash your hair the following morning. Use this natural remedy three times…
For the full article, continue on at Organic Lifestyle Magazine.
Michael Edwards is a great friend to elephant, and founder and editor-in-chief of Organic Lifestyle Magazine and Green Lifestyle Magazine. At age 18 Michael weighed 368 pounds and suffered from many health issues including asthma, allergies, and ADHD. Through diet, exercise, and naturopathic remedies, Michael was able to fully restore his health. Learning more about alternative medicine, individual health, and the environment became Michael’s passion, one he shares through his magazines. Both publications are available online only and can be found at greenmagazines.com.