Enlightenment is the understanding that this is all, that this is perfect, that this is it. Enlightenment is not an achievement, it is an understanding that there is nothing to achieve, nowhere to go.
How can one become enlightened? One can, because one is enlightened – one just has to recognize the fact.
I don’t actually have much to say about this chakra. This is a deeply personal experience that I don’t know that can be explained… I know I have had glimpses…moments of “zen”, “bliss”, “completeness”…But they are fleeting.
At least, like happiness, I have stopped chasing it, now I just experience and trust. Although I do hope that someday I’ll be able to say it without sounding/feeling like a complete idiot
The more I talked about “enlightenment” in class the more crazy I sounded, it’s impossible NOT to sound a bit off kilter when trying to explain the idea of experiencing god…I think this may be one best left to personal experimentation.
The best I can offer is perhaps coming to your practice with a sense that you don’t “need” to “do” anything, that your soul purpose is just to experience….
And remember NO GURU NO METHOD NO TEACHER can ultimately give to you what is already within you…
No special pose for the week, no mantra — just a little wellness tip: trust YOU. listen to YOU…there within the SELF all the knowing exists; seek not what you already have and breathe.
- Element—Cosmic Energy, spirit, soul (Atman)
- Endocrine gland—The pituitary gland (hypophysis) secretes hormones to control the rest of the endocrine system, and also connects to the central nervous system via the hypothalamus. The thalamus is thought to have a key role in the physical basis of consciousness. This Chakra is said to be the Chakra of consciousness, the master Chakra that controls all the others.
- Energetic Life Force—Grounding consciousness, connection to the divine
- Essential Oils—Jasmine, frankincense. Also for aromatherapy: lavender, attar of rose
- Female Spin—Counter clockwise; Male Spin: Clockwise
- Flower Essences—Lotus, Angelica, Star Tulip
- Function—Alpha and Omega of all that is, connection to the divine, inspiration, wisdom, cosmic consciousness, oneness with all.
- Gemstone—Amber, amethyst, clear or rutilated quartz, diamond, iolite, Oregon opal, purple fluorite, pyrite, moldavite, selenite, serpentine, sugalite, tanzanite, Danburite, lepidolite, moldavite, iolite
- Lotus Petals—1,000 or endless (white as the silvery moon)
- Keywords—Infinity, self-realization, inspiration, thought, cosmic rays, transcendence, wisdom, bliss, understanding, complete oneness with all, soul, karmic, causal body, cosmic consciousness, spirituality, the Sun (patriarchal), the Moon (matriarchal), universal identity, meeting place of Kundalini Shakti and Shiva, oriented to self-knowledge. Samadhi (enlightenment) comes to one who reaches this Chakra and goes beyond.
- Mantra—All mantras, or silence (called Chakra seeds by my teacher) There are meditations given later in this series for each Chakra.
- Meditation—All powers, both natural and supernatural; Atman (spirit freed). OM (aum) and the tone is ahhhhhh
- Meridians— Energy Yang Organ
- Musical Tone—High B (Ti)
hot on elephant
The story behind the Elephant-headed God. 344 shares Visual Yoga Blog: Refresh your Eyes the Yoga Way. 160 shares Boomers vs. Millennials: Will We stay the Course or Change It? 364 shares Instead of Sabotaging another Relationship, here’s how to Run into your Fear. 956 shares Join: Elephant’s Winter 2017 Academy. 2 shares The Benching Mind-F*ck: Worse than Ghosting. 1,390 share 5 Ways to Kiss & Make Up for your Mercury Retrograde Mishaps. 499 shares “I’d look her right in that fat, ugly face of hers.” 1,247 share 15 Cool Things Yoga has Taught Me. (Hint: None of them are Handstand.) 2,493 shares How we can Rewrite our Stories after Loving a Narcissist. 1,075 share