If you celebrate Christmas, for religious reasons or not, enjoy a refreshing perspective on what this holiday could be about.
Although there are many wonderful ways of showing our loved ones we care, if spending money is your way, there are alternative, loving ways of doing that. It spares a trip to the mall, too. Many charity organizations have “gift” cards that you can purchase in someone’s honor.
Here are a few ideas to get your creative juices flowing:
• Visit Charity Navigator. An independent non-profit organization that evaluates the finances of thousands of charities. Ensure the efficiency of your donation.
• Kiva A microfinance organization. Loan some money to someone in need and get paid back.
• TOMS Shoes Buy a pair of shoes for a friend and TOMS donates a pair of shoes to a child in need. They’re funky, cozy and now sold at Nordstrom.
• World Vision The gift catalog is a fun way for both children and adults to explore alternative ways of giving. Choose a duck, a goat or a mosquito net for someone in need.
• Living Water International The ultimate way for Christians to practice what they preach.
• Check your local food pantries, shelters, Salvation Army, local schools and more for alternative ways to give. It’s a guaranteed way to know that your gift will make an impact.
Alternative ways of giving make the perfect gift for the person who has it all.
hot on elephant
A letter to the Anger that refuses to Leave Me. 1,357 share Learn to Rock your Social Media & Write Mindfully with Waylon Lewis & Elephant’s Editors. 5 shares 2017’s First Full Moon in Cancer: Everything we Want is on the Other Side of Fear. 22,471 shares Why I Snort Raw Cacao. 8,840 shares The Best Marriage Advice from a Divorced Woman. 1,935 share If you Love her, Don’t Destroy Her. 5,946 shares The True Meaning of Friday the 13th (isn’t what we think). 5,201 shares The Power of Saying “He’s just Not into Me.” 1,743 share How to Disentangle ourselves from Karmic Relationships that Drive us Crazy. 133 shares You’ve Ruined Me for Anyone Else. 1,685 share