If you celebrate Christmas, for religious reasons or not, enjoy a refreshing perspective on what this holiday could be about.
Although there are many wonderful ways of showing our loved ones we care, if spending money is your way, there are alternative, loving ways of doing that. It spares a trip to the mall, too. Many charity organizations have “gift” cards that you can purchase in someone’s honor.
Here are a few ideas to get your creative juices flowing:
• Visit Charity Navigator. An independent non-profit organization that evaluates the finances of thousands of charities. Ensure the efficiency of your donation.
• Kiva A microfinance organization. Loan some money to someone in need and get paid back.
• TOMS Shoes Buy a pair of shoes for a friend and TOMS donates a pair of shoes to a child in need. They’re funky, cozy and now sold at Nordstrom.
• World Vision The gift catalog is a fun way for both children and adults to explore alternative ways of giving. Choose a duck, a goat or a mosquito net for someone in need.
• Living Water International The ultimate way for Christians to practice what they preach.
• Check your local food pantries, shelters, Salvation Army, local schools and more for alternative ways to give. It’s a guaranteed way to know that your gift will make an impact.
Alternative ways of giving make the perfect gift for the person who has it all.
hot on elephant
The story behind the Elephant-headed God. 380 shares Visual Yoga Blog: Refresh your Eyes the Yoga Way. 167 shares Boomers vs. Millennials: Will We stay the Course or Change It? 385 shares Instead of Sabotaging another Relationship, here’s how to Run into your Fear. 995 shares Join: Elephant’s Winter 2017 Academy. 9 shares The Benching Mind-F*ck: Worse than Ghosting. 1,748 share The Fourth Kind of Love. 2,159 shares October Energy Forecast: Prepare for Limitless, Unconditional Love. 4,771 shares What Teens need from their Parents. (Hint: It’s not Grounding & Punishment.) 1,681 share How Open-Hearted Men can Show Up for Strong, Independent Women. 2,643 shares