Ok, maybe these things haven’t completely changed my life, but they’ve helped a whole lot. At first, using these objects may be as weird as they seem, but every one of them is worth trying.
- A tongue scraper: Toothbrushes are made to clean your teeth; tongue scrapers are made to clean your tongue. Tongue scraping is an Ayurvedic technique used for treating bad breath, but has many other healthy benefits. During the night our body is busy removing toxins. When you wake up, you may notice a white coating on your tongue. Scraping off these toxins first thing in the morning helps your body to avoid re-absorption. It’s not only good for better smelling breath, but helps to remove plaque from teeth, helps taste bud functioning and aids in overall oral health. Maybe one day tongue scraping will be as cool as flossing.
- 1.5 liters of water: Ever hear of this thing called water therapy? Mostly known in India, China and Japan, water therapy involves drinking 1.5 liters of water first thing in the morning. This is said to help remove toxins, stimulate healthy bowel movements and help fight disease. Other health benefits include preventing and curing headaches, boosting energy levels and facilitating detoxification.
- A body brush: Perhaps you have forgotten that the skin is the largest organ of the body. This organ helps to eliminate a critical amount of toxins—up to one pound a day! Skin brushing (with a body brush) stimulates the organs underneath the skin that aid in the removal of toxins. Other benefits include stimulating the lymphatic system, removing dead layers of skin cells, stimulating the circulatory and immune systems and optimizing kidney function.
- Neti pot: Also known as a ‘nose bidet’, a neti pot is used to pour warm, slightly salty water through the nasal passages and sinuses. Neti pots are used in India and South Asia as a safe and effective way for treating eye complaints, sinusitis, asthma, the common cold, nasal congestion and respiratory ailments.
- Incense: Not just an air freshener,the practice of burning incense has been used for centuriesin sacred ceremonies and rituals. Today it is used to create desired atmospheres and promote healing of the mind and body. Most notably, incense aids in fighting depression, headaches, anxiety and insomnia. It is recommended that you use plant-based and essential oil-based incenses.
What other unusual objects have changed your life?
Another thing that might change your life—oil pulling:
hot on elephant
The story behind the Elephant-headed God. 442 shares September’s Black Moon: The Rare, Powerful, Feminine Goddess Lilith. 65,436 shares Will & Grace are Back after 10 years & it’s the Funniest 10 minutes of Election Commentary Ever. 16,970 shares October Energy Forecast: Prepare for Limitless, Unconditional Love. 7,719 shares The Fourth Kind of Love. 2,592 shares How Open-Hearted Men can Show Up for Strong, Independent Women. 3,627 shares What Teens need from their Parents. (Hint: It’s not Grounding & Punishment.) 2,038 shares I am Who I am Thanks to You—The 5 Most Important People we Meet in Life. 2,088 shares 10 Good Reasons Not to Contact your Ex. 874 shares The True Story of a 5-year-old Colorado Cannabis Refugee. 344 shares