Cougar Lesbians? Rawrr.

Via on Jan 15, 2011

Via Second City via the Newsweek Tumblr, it’s okay to laugh along with these objectifying-young-women-as-meat sexists  because, hey, they’re women:

About elephant journal

Like this article? Leave a tip!

(We use PayPal but you don't need an account with PayPal.)

Elephriends - Mindful Affiliates

14 Responses to “Cougar Lesbians? Rawrr.”

1. anonymous says:

What the fuck, man. I don't live in the States so maybe I don't get the hilarious "because hey, they're women" joke. Yeah, dykes are predatory, ugly and stupid. What a funny, funny joke. The problem here is that many people out there already buy the stereotype. We don't need to hear it from people in our own community as well.

And as the helpful description under this clip tells us, the Journal is about "bringing together those working (and playing) to create an enlightened society." And "about anything that helps us to live a good life that's also good for others, and our planet." and yet somehow this description includes this shit. I don't get it.

• Waylon Lewis says:

Sorry, anonymous. Second City is a troupe similar to Saturday Night Live—you know, using satire to send up and deflate stereotypes. Don't make me explain that this is humorous, and that the mindful life can be fun and un-self-serious, okay? ~ Waylon

• 13thfloorelevators says:

That it's Second City is sort of meaningless. Why are you pointing that out?
        In any case, it would be funny if you subscribe to such stereotypes in whole or in part. It's not clear how it's funny to someone who doesn't.

• anonymous says:

spoken exactly like a straight, white guy. Unbelievable.

2. Cyn says:

It's not funny. It's not offensive, but it's not funny either.

3. Shannon says:

I didn't think it was funny, either. If it were men preying on drunk girls, no one would think it was funny. Sorry, I don't get why it's funny if it's women preying on girls instead. :(

4. Guest says:

true. satire is fun and life shouldn't be serious all the time. but this doesn't seem to represent the eight fold path that maybe people are desiring more of from this type of community. I am a lesbian, and I get this humor. But as a buddhist, I find this post distasteful. Sorry. I'm sure you will not agree.

• Waylon Lewis says:

I love your respectful comment! I came across this on the Newsweek Tumblr page, and I love Second City, the comedy troupe that's produced a bunch of America's great talents over last few decades…I found it funny, if not brilliant, as a sendup of lechery and PC-ness. I understand however that humor is often to each her or his own! ~ Waylon

5. kris says:

what the bleep man! why is this on this page? I am a lesbian, and do not even understand this,seriously, it isn't even funny, or offensive, or…well anything….well it might be lets see,ahem, completely pointless.

• your mom says:

It's only funny if you are a straight male who has lived in Boulder his entire life and doesn't know shit about his own asshole. Lesbians don't find it funny because it's not.

6. [...] it the cougar phenomenon? I’m not “cougar age” yet, but you’d have to be hiding under a [...]