Grocery shoppin’ on a bicycle.

Via on Jan 6, 2011

What’s a bachelor to do when he’s fresh out of frijoles and doesn’t drive a car?

YouTube Preview Image

It’s a fun way to earn your food while breathing in fresh air!

About Ryan van Duzer

Ryan Van Duzer is a born and bred Boulder boy who loves sunny days, riding bikes and eating burritos. He doesn't know how to drive a car, doesn't eat meat and is a big time momma's boy. Ryan is a freelance travel journalist and TV host, working mainly for Travel Channel and National Geographic. His dream is to host his own eco-adventure travel show and someday become the Mr. Rogers of the adventure world. To see more of what Duzer Duz, check out duzertv.com.

Like this article? Leave a tip!

(We use PayPal but you don't need an account with PayPal.)

Elephriends - Mindful Affiliates

18 Responses to “Grocery shoppin’ on a bicycle.”

1. Juliana says:

love this. more please.

2. kim ashdown says:

only you duzer- could make shopping so entertaining! I am car free since 2007! Way to go!!!
    azephyrgirl

3. Okay, I was JUST about to post this video.. ahahah.. Its AWESOME!

4. cesar betancur says:

Where can one find a nifty trailer like that?

5. namastehon says:

I duz luv the dooz!

6. Amy says:

awesome!!! Great post, if only everyone did their groceries this way!

7. Jarrod Homer says:

Ah, the good life!

8. ailis says:

Hilarious! Love it!

9. Cullen says:

"Grocery shoppin' " looks relatively easy on bike…My recumbent trike is perfect for this!

10. fxgeorges says:

this is the one thing am begging to love and started doing it 3 weeks ago. i saved money for trips going to the market, grocery store, fast food and vet… aside from it there are side trips and exercise. yeah i need to buy a helmet :)

11. Lief says:

Love it. You are an inspiration for all. When are you going to write your book about living simple in a hectic and complex world?

12. fmd82 says:

When I lived in Oakland it took me 45 minutes to ride uphill to our grocery store. 5 min ride downhill with full pack. Thanks for the reminder.

13. Jodi Williams says:

This video made my day. You have motivated me to ride my bike to the grocery store across the street, haha

14. [...] composting, biking and recycling—while absolutely important for reducing your daily impact and spreading behavioral [...]

15. Great video! Good for overall sexiness! Yes! LOL

16. [...] 15. Go raw for a day or a meal. Take advantage of all the live enzymes and nutrients of raw fruits and veggies. Check out a new trendy new raw café. Heck, walk there or even ride your bike. [...]

17. [...] store on the way home. I’ve never bought frozen pizza by bike since the Ryan van Duzer grocery shoppin’ on a bicycle video tricked me into thinking it’s a big deal. It’s not. I was hoping one of the boys [...]