“Learn to say ‘no’ to the good so you can say ‘yes’ to the best.”
John C. Maxwell quotes
“Every choice moves us closer to or farther away from something. Where are your choices taking your life? What do your behaviors demonstrate that you are saying yes or no to in life?”
Eric Allenbaugh quotes
I have heard many people say they can’t say NO, I have felt that way in the past —- that feeling that you can’t say no to things even if it isn’t for the best? So I decided to never say NO again, just accept my weakness and work with it, yet I still wanted to maintain my sanity and health so I just shifted my perspective a little; here are my top 10 more powerful “yeses” …how can this work for you?
1. I don’t say NO to dinner invitations I say YES to time alone
2. I don’t say NO to alcohol, I say YES to my health
3. I don’t say NO to meat, I say YES to loving all beings without qualification
4. I don’t say NO to hot yoga, I say YES to what works for my body type
5. I don’t say NO to fast food, I say YES to sustainable living
6. I don’t say NO to big business, I say YES to local businesses
7. I don’t say NO to more foster pets, I say YES to being a good mom to the animals I already have
8. I don’t say NO to teaching more, I say YES to time to learn myself
9. I don’t say NO to commitments, I say YES to remaining flexible
10. I don’t say NO to owning a television, I say YES to being very selective about how I spend my times
What are your more powerful yeses?
hot on elephant
July’s Full Moon in Capricorn: The Heart wants what it Wants. The 4 Stages of a Good Divorce. How to Love a Woman who Scares You. Our Soulmates are Rarely Who We Expect. I Still Think of You. Men, Let’s Stop Fooling Ourselves: Size Matters. To the One Who Tried to Break Me. An Open Letter to the Fixers. How your Stored Memories in the Amygdala can lead to PTSD. A Letter to my Children: You do not come from a Broken Home.