PETA calls Jessica Simpson “Stupid” for wearing “Real Girls Eat Meat” Tee.
Even if it weren’t two year old non-news, this wouldn’t be news.
In fact, if Jessica’s wearing of this shirt was a humorous dig at her ex-boyfriend’s ex-girlfriend, a vegetarian, it could even be deemed mildly funny. And, you know, she may not be talking about animal meat, heah.
Still, PETA correctly saw “gold” in this, and shared their top 5 reasons not to eat meat, below. So something good came out of it, hey?
PS: Still, not sure why it’s so uncool that she wanted to adopt a pig, PETA.
Simpson family insiders told OK! Magazine that the slogan is a dig at boyfriend Tony Romo’s ex-girlfriend, country superstar Carrie Underwood — who has twice been named “World’s Sexiest Vegetarian” by PETA.
In case this doesn’t already have you feeling like you’re back in junior high, the PETA blog also lists “the top five reasons that only stupid girls brag about eating meat.”
Here they are in their entirety:
1. Meat increases the risk of breast cancer. A 2007 study of 35,000 women published in the British Journal of Cancer found that women who ate meat were far more likely to develop breast cancer than women who consumed none. Will Jessica’s next t-shirt will say, “Real Girls Smoke 3 Packs a Day”?
2. Real girls don’t support animal abuse. Compassion is super sexy, if the huge number of hot celebs ditching meat is any indication. Young women turn vegetarian in droves when they learn that the meat industry cuts the sensitive beaks off newborn chicks and cuts off the tails of baby piglets.
3. The meat industry is destroying the Earth. The only thing that’s hot about the meat industry is that it’s toasting the planet. According to the United Nations, raising animals for food causes more greenhouse-gas emissions than all the cars, trucks, SUVs, planes, and ships in the world combined.
4. Meat will make you fat. All the saturated fat and cholesterol in chicken wings, pork chops, and steak eventually leads to flabby thighs and love handles. I hope the upcoming “Jessica Simpson’s Intimates” line comes in plus sizes! Going vegetarian is the best way to get slim and stay that way.
5. Eating meat steals food from starving kids. Jessica’s trip to help kids in Africa got a lot of media buzz, but by gnawing on meat, she’s essentially stealing food from the mouths of starving children since it takes up to 16 pounds of grain to produce just 1 pound of meat. If more people went vegetarian, we’d free up enough grain to feed every person in the world.
hot on elephant
Elephant Journal’s Holiday Gift Guide 636 shares A letter to the Anger that refuses to Leave Me. 571 shares Waylon’s favorite Ethical Gifts. 13 shares Join: Elephant’s Winter 2017 Academy. 28 shares Trevor Noah just won my Respect. 2,560 shares Year of the Fire Rooster 2017: What to Expect. 926 shares December Forecast: Letting Go of 2016 & Leaning into 2017 with Love. 7,183 shares The Real Reason so many Long-term Relationships Fail Sexually. 737 shares Why a Year of No Dating was the Best Thing I ever did for Myself. 6,319 shares These Tweets (and Retweets) actually Happened. 1,387 share