Feel. Acknowledge. Express. Set Your Self Free.

Via on Feb 24, 2011

A short but sweet guide to a happy life.

Many of us on this great earth are living without feeling, without acknowledging the vast range of our emotions, without expressing the vast range of our emotions, and without setting free the vast range of our emotions. Without setting free our feelings, we force ourselves to be stuck in a life of mediocrity, of boring predictability – truly not even a life!

I did this. For many years, I refused to acknowledge and express the vast range of my feeling. I repressed and ignored most of my pain and discontent. I did this in order to fit in, to please others and paid a great price in return for the quality of my life. Because I wasn’t able to express myself fully and completely, I wasn’t able to express and live my greatest joy, peace and love! My journey to self expression and self knowing is documented in my book, Blessed Womb.

It is time for us, each one of us, to begin to learn to love and respect ourselves. We do this by noticing ourselves. We notice and acknowledge our deepest feelings. We allow them to be expressed in healthy ways. Upon doing this, we have set ourSelves free. We live with the peace of knowing we have found our authentic nature, our feeling nature, our loving nature. And together, our future will be filled with love. We will love each other. Feel. Acknowledge. Express. Set Your Self Free.

What do you feel?

About Helene Rose

Helene Rose, MS, is passionate about supporting women to live brilliant lives and founded Be Brilliant Network LLC to serve as a portal for women to step into their radiance. Her life experience provides her with a deeply compassionate perspective and understanding of the modern woman’s struggle for mindful living and feminine empowerment. She lives in Boulder, CO with her family. Read more about Helene >>> HERE.

14 Responses to “Feel. Acknowledge. Express. Set Your Self Free.”

1. pure and simple — you rock….. i am getting ready to post about how busy we all are…. why? why are we so busy – because we are making the choice to ignore our lives …..
    thanks, Helene.
    love,
    maureen

• Helene Rose helene_rose says:

Hi Maureen!
      I look forward to reading your piece! Sometimes its easier to fill our lives with all the "stuff" so we don't have to see what's really going on! It feels *great* to see it clearly!
      Love to you!
      Helene

2. Maya says:

A great reminder to be authentic. It's so easy not to do that self check-in

3. Zarathustra says:

How Romantic (as in the 19th century artistic and literary movement which produced such luminaries as Lord Byron, Henry David Thoreau, and Percy Bysshe Shelley). Short, direct, to the point. Love it!

4. Ben Ralston Ben_Ralston says:

Hi Helene,
    Yes, nice one. Acknowledgement is, to me, the key, because that's where most people miss it.
    When we don't acknowledge what we feel, we repress the feeling – and then it gets pushed down into the subconscious, where it creates a blockage.
    Love, Ben

5. Joe Sparks says:

I think most of us feel numb. If we'd had someone who could have been aware of us from the beginning, our lives would have been vastly different. We would have continued to and feel real connection with another human as being possible and would not have given up on having such a connection. If we had also been fortunate enough to be in the care of someone who allowed us to continue feeling our distresses, we would have stayed hopeful and pursed connection with other people, learning a lot about relationships as we did that and feeling the places where we had difficulty.

• Joe Sparks says:

So, our intial expectation of being connected to another intelligence like our own continued to be disappointed as we grew up and learned about the world. It appears that at some point in each of our lives, the distresses, the hurts, that built up around the lack of connection became heavy enough that we develop chronic distress patterns, beliefs that lead us off to live lives of mental isolation. In the grip of these patterns, we stop attempting to communicate much of our thinking and feelings and go numb. We cease hoping for much much awareness from others. This sometimes seen as sad, as the end of childhood, but it is also seen as normal, as nothing being wrong, as something unavoidable.
      You are very smart! Thanks for reminding me what is possible

6. [...] of us want to be understood, to be accepted, and to be happy. In order to be happy and relieve our own suffering as well as the suffering of others, let us pay [...]

7. [...] How You Feel. – Notice your feelings and name them to [...]

8. Helene Rose helene_rose says:

We will! Loved your blog and made a comment over there!