Gisele Bunchen and her husband Tom Brady of Patriots’ football fame (who, apparently, live in a 20,000 square foot new home together) have been green-minded for some time. Perhaps she got the eco-bug from her activist ex-boyfriend slash most famous Hollywood greenie ever Leonardo DiCaprio. In any case, she’s taken things a step further, coming out with an eco bodycare line that is more than greenwashing feel-good yuppie bs—its packaging is eco-responsible, and her ads for the line communicate minimal make up, healthy living, and yoga.
She also seems to be loving her some yoga, as evidenced by interviews and photos.
Kudos and thanks on behalf of strong-yet-fragile Mother Earth!
Via the Sejaa site:
Developed by model, actress and environmental activist Gisele Bündchen, Sejaa is the result of many years of passionate development.
Driven by the desire to develop a line of pure and natural skincare, Gisele also wanted to create products with as little impact on the environment as possible. Using all-natural ingredients, calming fragrances, thoughtful packaging and recycled paper, Sejaa Pure Skincare was born.
The result? A revolutionary skincare line that protects and supports your skin’s natural radiance, while also protecting the health and beauty of our environment.
Sejaa plays on the sound of seja, which means “to be” in Gisele’s first language, Portuguese.
The long “aa” sound at the end of the name is reminiscent of the sacred Hindu syllable “om,” which is essential to the yoga and meditation that keeps Gisele’s busy life centered.
The Sejaa name is representative of our whole philosophy: To create products that not only nourish your skin, but your whole mind, body and soul.
For our planet.
We at Sejaa are proud to hold ourselves to a higher standard of responsibility to our customers and to our environment. We understand how precious our Earth’s resources are, which is why we have created products with as little impact on the environment as possible.
All Sejaa packaging adheres to the following standards:
- Manufactured using post-consumer waste paper.
- 100% recyclable Forest Stewardship Council certified fibers.
- Rainforest Alliance certified manufacturing processes.
- Manufactured carbon neutral.
- Chlorine-free processing.
- Manufactured with Green-e Certified Renewable Electricity (windpower). Green-e certified Wind Power Renewable Energy Credits (RECs) have been purchased to support the development of new wind-powered renewable energy generation. Wind power consumes no fuel for continuing operation, and has no emissions directly related to electricity production. Operation does not produce carbon dioxide, sulfur dioxide, mercury, particulates, or any other type of air pollution.
- Manufactured with clean hydroelectric power. Hydroelectricity produces no waste and does not produce carbon dioxide a greenhouse gas.
- Printed with soy-based VOC-free inks.
In addition, Sejaa containers are made of the most recyclable plastics and are 100% recyclable. Please continue to support our environment by responsibly recycling all Sejaa materials after they are consumed.
Growing up in Horizontina, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil, Gisele developed a love of the natural world throughout her childhood. Originally, she dreamed of being a professional volleyball player, but at the age of 13, she took a modeling course—and the rest is history.While you would think that being the face of luxury brands, gracing the covers of more than 500 magazines, and walking the runways from New York to Rio wouldn’t leave much time for anything else, Gisele has been heavily involved in humanitarian and environmental work throughout her career. Since September 2009, she has been the Goodwill Ambassador for the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP).
As she became more deeply involved in environmental outreach, Gisele began to be more aware of what she was putting in and on her body. She began to think of her ideal skincare collection, which would be made without any harmful chemicals or excessive packaging, and began testing and researching formulations.
Now, after years of development, Gisele is happy to share Sejaa Pure Skincare: A superior skincare line as pure as the earth and rain itself.