First of all let me begin this article to spare myself the hate mail and dispel the notion that I’m making any qualitative comparisons between these two individuals.
I would not for one second compare Gaddafi to a spoiled, American brat of an actor who refuses to grow up and appreciate his privilege, potentially making a difference in the world, (or at least to his family), rather than live the life of useless, vapid hedonism. No, not at all. That would be an insult to ruthless dictators the world over.
Of course, that is a terrible joke, and obviously one I couldn’t resist.
But seriously, I’m fascinated by these parallel stories playing out in front of us now. How frightening it is to watch these two stories, one about Charlie Sheen and the other concerning the Libyan people and their dictator, El Gaddafi.
Charlie Sheen is coming unglued before our very eyes. This man is going through some serious mental problems right now. He in serious crisis and denial. Of course, Libyan dictator Muammar Gaddafi engenders much less personal sympathy, as he holds onto power in spite of the obvious need to let his people live freely after more than 40 years of dictatorial rule.
Let’s look at the comparisons between these two peoples lives, albeit in very different cultures and circumstances.
- Charlie Sheen surrounds himself with porn stars, entitlement and hedonism.
- Gaddafi has for decades traveled with a bevy of young, buxom nurses and certainly has benefited from the spoils of Libyan riches.
- Charlie Sheen is perhaps the most high-profile TV star on the most successful TV show, a real king in his own right, established as an actor since childhood due to his father, Martin Sheen. His reckless decisions to persist in a lifestyle of entitlement have negatively affected the lives of many crew and workers on his show.
- Gaddafi is head of the country, an obvious “king”, whose current recklessness and sense of entitlement is adversely affecting the march of progress and millions in his sphere os influence. Both have many who depend on them and both are failing them due to mental illness.
- A few weeks ago Charlie Sheen attacked his producers verbally, and others related to the show, blaming them for many of his current business problems.
- Gaddafi has blamed practically every body, from Al Qaeda to “foreigners” for instigating his current problems. Yet, both men are obviously the Masters of their destinies and have persisted in their boorish behaviors for many years.
Delusions of “Victory”:
- Both men persist in delusional statements that revolve around “victory and winning”. Charlie Sheen keeps using this word over and over again, obsessively.
- Gaddafi still insists how much “the people love him” and that he will not go, in spite of constant calls for his departure.
As an astrologer, I was fascinated to see what are the similarities in their charts and how are those things being influenced now. Both men have Jupiter in sidereal Gemini. At this time, the South node is transiting over their Jupiter placements.
Jupiter is the planet of grandiose ideas, optimism, purpose and hope. It is also an important planet to male “leaders”. The South Node is a scrutinizing and magnifying factor and the “completer of karmas”. Gemini is a sign of communication and speech.
We are seeing some major cycles completing for both of these men around such issues – exaggerated, disconnected communications in the face of intense scrutiny.
* NOTE – This is a very quick and simple assessment.
With Gadhafi the transit just happened. With Charlie Sheen, it will be exact in a few weeks. (See the Charts to the left. The red dots show the Jupiter’s in Gemini on the charts of Sheen, Gadaafi and currently).
To make it more complex with Charlie Sheen, his Moon is opposite that Jupiter at about 2° Sagittarius and is getting an exact transit from the North node, Rahu, also. That transit has not perfected yet and if he does not do something quick, he will be in serious trouble in 6 weeks when that North node hits his Moon to the exact degree. (See the bright green dots on the Sheen chart and the current one).
Rahu / Moon connections show addictions, delusion and mental illness. For Charlie Sheen, this transit is taking place in his eighth house (Taurus ascendant), a house of danger and where often the consequences of our mistakes are high. As a point of context, Britney Spears meltdown a couple of years ago, with head-shaving etc., happened in her Rahu / Moon cycle. Sheen also has retrograde Saturn in transit over his Debilitated Venus (the consequences of hedonism and disrespect for others).
By the way, these transits are the same regardless of Western or Vedic astrology, they are based on absolute positions in the sky.
Both of these men are in serious, serious trouble.
Our hearts go out to Charlie Sheen. May he get a handle on his addictions and the deeper problems that cause them.
Our hearts go out to the Libyan people and maybe experience a smooth transition to the freedom and democracy all human beings deserve.
hot on elephant
Learn to Rock your Social Media & Write Mindfully with Waylon Lewis & Elephant’s Editors. 1 share A letter to the Anger that refuses to Leave Me. 1,455 share 2017 is The Year of Kali, Goddess of Endings & Beginnings. 41,232 shares The True Meaning of Friday the 13th (isn’t what we think). 5,283 shares The Technique that helps me make Decisions under Pressure (& has Saved my Life More than Once). 552 shares Use This Buddhist Practice to Overcome Self-Doubt. 466 shares I’m Done being your Dirty Little Secret. 864 shares Ten Things I’ve Learned from Not Getting Wasted. 1,180 share 3 Seconds: “Joe Biden’s reaction to President Obama awarding him the Presidential Medal of Freedom (with distinction).” 1,164 share Why Some Loves feel Unfinished, even After we’ve Let Go. 628 shares