How healing / personal development / therapy became super-fast & easy!

Via on Mar 19, 2011

Until quite recently the accepted view was that therapy takes time (not to mention money).

Now, for real inner transformation, only a few sessions are needed. Sometimes only one!

How is this possible?

Well, therapy evolved. It used to be psychological, or emotional, or ‘energy’ oriented. The problem with these approaches is that the root cause is (very often) not healed: because the cause of our problems is rarely, if ever, head, or heart, or energy based.

The root cause is almost always a deeply subconscious association that relates to survival, safety, or sexuality.

And that means it relates to the gut.

When you work on an issue (whether it’s a physical symptom or an emotional problem, or depression – whatever!), if you find the deepest feeling associated with that problem, and release it from the subconscious, the issue will usually just fall away. (It’s a little more complicated than that – sometimes there are other factors to consider – such as secondary gain – but essentially, it is that simple).

You always feel the deepest feeling associated with the problem in the gut, because that is our center; it’s where our survival issues originate.

The reason it’s so easy is that you are not your problems. Your issues are just ‘stuff’ that you carry around with you. Yes, baggage.

Another analogy is clothing: You are not the clothes you wear. You just wear or carry them. As easy as it is to drop a piece of clothing, so it is simple to release your blockages.

What are you then, if not your ‘stuff’?

Your stuff is just a part of your ‘story’. You can keep on telling your story, and holding onto your blockages, for as long as you like. But when the time comes that you’ve had enough of that, and would like to be genuinely, deeply happy and successful, then you can quickly and easily let it all go.

Because what you really are is pure consciousness. Pure consciousness is what the ancient yogis referred to as Satchitananda – pure existence, consciousness, and bliss.

The essence of everything is pure consciousness. It’s simply the creative power in the universe. It has also been called God; spirit; Tao… there are many names.

When we stop experiencing the joy and love of pure consciousness, it’s because our perception and experience of our own essential nature are blocked. Almost all of us have blockages, because our society is pretty badly flawed.

The good news is that it’s changing, and you can change too. If you want to experience deep inner peace; joy; bliss… if you would like to heal your blockages so that your life, and the lives of your children, can be better, get in touch.

Yes, this is shameless self-promotion, but I’m not a corporate banker. I am a healer. So I’m not in the least ashamed of promoting my work, because I love it, and I know that it is a powerful tool for inner transformation.

My therapy is based on the alternative healing technique of Reference Point Therapy, which I also teach.  You can find the RPT website here, the RPT blog here.

Inner transformation and powerful personal development no longer takes ages, costs a fortune, or has to be difficult.

When you’re ready to change, the change can now come very easily. It’s also fast and fun!

I know a lot of people will be skeptical about this. It seems too good to be true. However, I ask you, if you are skeptical, to keep an open mind. Look into it. You can start with my testimonials page on my website, which is just a selection of the many clients I’ve seen who’ve had amazingly fast results.

Whatever you think, I’d love to know. Leave a comment – can healing really be fast and lasting? Or am I just another snake oil salesman?! Do you have any specific questions about this technique, or how it works? I’ll be happy to answer them…

Oh, and while you’re at it, hit the facebook ‘like’ button so that together we can let as many people as possible know that life is meant to be fun!

About Ben Ralston

Ben Ralston is a therapist, healer, advanced Sivananda Yoga teacher, and writer. His writings have been read by millions of people and can be found on Elephant Journal, Rebelle Society, and various other portals online. He has been teaching Yoga for 16 years in hotels, ashrams, beaches, gyms and rooftops worldwide. And he runs a busy international therapeutic practice from his home in rural Croatia. Offering sessions in person or via Skype, his therapeutic work is based on healing trauma, and the tools he uses for this are varied – mainly RPT, Shamanism, and energy work. He has also developed some of his own methods, particularly in the area of abuse trauma; ‘resource state’ awareness; and boundary reconstruction. He regularly runs retreats combining Yoga and other energetic exercises with his therapy. He would love nothing more than to see you on one of these retreats, since he believes that this approach to personal development is really the only effective way of bringing love and peace to global human society. Connect with Ben on Facebook. Read more of his writing on his new website with integrated blog! Yes, he's excited about that :)

802 views

Comments

115 Responses to “How healing / personal development / therapy became super-fast & easy!”

1. livingfrombalance says:

How do I find a practitioner in my area? It sounds great.. sure to good to be true, but what if it is? Then I am all for it!
    namaste

2. HermosaYogini says:

I think think your photo is pretty cheesy but I like what you have to say-it sounds like you just may know what your speaking about. But the photo says you just may take yourself a bit too serious

3. HermosaYogini says:

I think think I won't edit that.

4. Ben Ralston Ben Ralston says:

You shouldn’t edit it Hormosa. I like honesty.

I’ll be honest with you too – I don’t have a lot of photos to choose from.

And I do take myself seriously. I’m a pretty serious person.

I also laugh at myself regularly.

So there :)

5. Monique says:

I'm sure your brand of healing works wonders for some people, but I don't think it's necessary for you to disparage other methods in promoting your own. As a graduate student training to become a Licensed Mental Health Counselor (and as a certified vinyasa teacher) I believe a combination of the cerebral, primal, and spiritual is very effective. Some people's consciousness resides more in the psychological, and these individuals tend to do very well with any one of the many modalities available in traditional talk-therapy. And, while some people can make great strides in any form of therapy in just a few sessions (indeed, some methods are designed to be short-term) others get greater benefit out of longer-term work. In addition, some people feel more comfortable seeing a practitioner whom they know has been trained to evaluate empirical support for treatments, accepted ethical treatment guidelines, etc. as a result of this practitioner having been licensed via an accredited program (I couldn't tell from your bio whether you have any credentials). So, more power to you for doing your work, but presenting it as the culmination of the evolution of therapy is misleading. And also makes you sound pretty arrogant, I might add.

6. Monique says:

Your opinion is most assuredly arrogant. I take great umbrage to your implying that I would steer people to long-term therapy for monetary gain (any more than you would steer them to your modality for similar reasons). Firstly, the mental health field is alive and well and needs no bolstering from me. Secondly, in my career as a mental health counselor in New York State I can expect to make between 35k and 50k (US) per year (the mean is actually 37k, as per the Bureau of Labor: http://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oes_ny.htm#21-0000…. Now, compare this to the 70k I will have in student loan debt, and the years I will continue to spend in classes, workshops, seminars, doing research projects, completing my supervised practicum and internship, etc. and I assure you, you will not accuse me of being money-hungry. Especially considering that I want to use the skills I have gained to help under-served populations, which will mostly entail traveling to low-income, crime-ridden areas (not skyping from my chalet). So, forgive me if I am skeptical of self-proclaimed "therapist-healers" who declare from the mountaintops of Slovenia that they are more acquainted with human consciousness than I. I cannot speak for your clients, but hubris is not a quality I value in a therapist (credentialed or otherwise).

7. Monique says:

You are at best a well-meaning ignoramus, and at worst an opportunistic charlatan. I would suggest to you that you do not write about a subject on which you have clearly not bothered to educate yourself. Promote your style all you want, but stop denigrating something you do not understand. Your condescension does little to disguise vast, glaring deficits in your knowledge of the field. As the Dalai Lama said, "Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." Namaste.

8. ARCreated says:

1. I love your picture :) I think it's very handsome!
    2. I too work with methodologies that work faster and with less stress than traditional psycho therapy – but bare in mind we all need something different….so no matter how great or powerful your protocol is nothing absolutely nothing works absolutely for everyone all the time…and thing will only work when the person is ready — sometimes it will take some traditional talk therapy to prepare someone to be open to work

9. ARCreated says:

PS — I am curious how it's different from NLP and Time Line Therapy —- ?????

10. Ben,
    Every time your write about this – RPT – I am intrigued. I am a yoga teacher and have also studied life and health coaching and the B1 Process that we use in health coaching sounds similar to RPT. I agree with all you said about it and I believe we need to hold the space for this type of healing in the world. Clearly Monique does not get the work you do – and that's ok. Ele is a forum for providing information and if someone doesn't agree – cool, a respectful 'interaction/conversation' can take place. That's not what happened with Monique…. by calling you arrogant – without really knowing your or your work – that was uncalled for. I don't know you other than through our Ele 'interactions' and I totally feel your essence (Satchitananada) in everything you write. I know I don't need to 'defend' you and you totally understand not taking anything personally – but I did want to add that I think you and your work are pretty fabulous.
    Keep on keeping it real.
    Peace,
    ~Maureen

11. Tracy says:

Ben,
    You are a huge douche, a wanna be guru, trying to capitalize off of others genuine need to feel better about themselves. Good work Tammy Faye. Peace out.

12. yogainthevalley says:

It is interesting and educational to read all the comments to this article. It always surprises me when people in a forum like EJ spew hate and judgement. Criticism is one thing but name calling, accusation and assumption reflect more on the person saying those things. Ben, after reading your responses to these comments, I will never again miss one of your articles. You handled them with grace, professionalism and humor.

13. TamingAuthor says:

I suppose there is an upside to being "a huge douche" in that one might be able to cleanse the body of the infection that is the mental health profession so that the birth of future generations will not be covered in the slime of false dogma and population control freaks. Maybe "a huge douche" is what is needed to awaken a population all asleep and addled on psychiatric medications.

14. Joe Sparks says:

Terms such as "mental health," "mental illness," "normal," or "abnormal," are completely misleading. These terms were attempts to describe either (1) the unwillingness of an individual to submit to, or function according to, an externally imposed standard or model from other people or from a culture or a society, or (2) the effects of distress patterns on an individual's functioning.
    Traditional "therapy" in the oppressive society has as a goal to make or "help" individuals "adjust" to the society as it is. Yoga, meditation, self help groups, taking turns listening to each other has as its goal to empower humans so that they will transform the society that it will fit humans' rational needs.

15. Ben Ralston Ben_Ralston says:

HI Diverticulum,
    If you'd researched a little more deeply you'd have found that RPT was founded (in a way) to redress the problems caused by Theta Healing.
    Simon Rose, founder of RPT was a Theta Healer who became disillusioned with it, and created something much better.
    And actually the RPT website, videos there, etc, are not my cup of tea either! It's an old site, and the new RPT site should be up next month. It'll present an amazing modality in a much better way i think.
    Thanks for the comment.

16. randolphr says:

Ben, I find you well reasoned and well intentioned. Thank you for taking the time & energy to share and respond.

17. TamingAuthor says:

Okay. So when are we all invited to Slovenia for a bar-b-que and party? Seems like time to celebrate.

18. Megajn says:

Ben,
    You are not the target. People that are judging and criticizing you without knowing you are obviously threatened by you in some powerful way. I read your work, but better than that I have had personal contact with you via a healing (skype) and found you to be so open, genuine and sincere. No arrogance in sight.
    I think sometimes people will always challenge things that are new and unfamiliar without experiencing it for themselves. But as a whole, I think humanity is progressing.
    Keep writing and I'll keep reading.
    Love, Megajn.

19. Hi, Ben. Interesting discussion.

I don't have the time or interest to search for the answer myself. Hopefully it's clearly answered in the links you provided.

So I'll just ask the general question. Has your method been unequivocally proven with rigorous scientific research? Or is it thought, like many healing methods, to be beyond or incompatible with that?

Second question. In your next blog you provide a rave review by a person who underwent a single session with you and wrote about it just afterwards. Hardly a definitive statement of overall long-term effectiveness.

Have you ever had a letter or e-mail of complaint about your service, and, if so, would be so kind as to share those with us, too, sort of like Trip-Advisor, so we can make a judgment based on the whole picture?

Thanks.

20. Ema Maček says:

Ben, you're doing a great work. Not just myself, but I know few people who saw you once or twice and are happy now.
    And I know of a woman who you helped very much without charging at all.
    People who call you names and use these words to label you are only showing their own maturity.
    The best things in life are simple, but people always like to complicate and make science of things.
    ps – don't forget, unfortunately they crucified Jesus! He would have done alot more good…

21. Tamara says:

Nicely done Ben. You speak truth And…i'm sure you'll trigger a lot of people. I hope they just realize that if they are feeling that triggered, there is truth being spoken and their defensiveness is just a reaction to that truth…..
    Great article.
    T

22. Deborah says:

Perhaps it was the (necessary) streamlining of the extensive philosophy behind your post that elicited trite + negative responses. For those of us who understand the premise behind the launching point of your words – it not only makes sense – but your lean and strong choice of phrases resounds with a deep and honest understanding.

I would venture to guess that those who need to express doubt (or other negatives) have deep pain of their own – and have had every path they attempted to follow in order to regain peace end in utter disappointment. We have ALL been there.. many of us will return. But therein lies the essence of your message: Once you understand that shedding the mental clothing that our animal center (gut) dons can be as simple as disrobing physical fabric – you will own the beauty of healing yourself.

Be Well Ben Ralston – it is extremely difficult to balance Business with Spirit. Our culture demands that we sustain ourselves by income, and I hear something within you that will find a harmonious stasis as you seek A Living in wholesome Practice. Remain humble and enlightened in your observation of both praise + detraction.

Namaste Dear One.

23. catlyn777 says:

I am looking into it. For myself, building a connection and a trusting relationship does help people, sometimes quite a lot. I am a big believer in all people needed to feel connected, and also know that they are a part of something bigger than themselves, that there is a loving power that wants to help them if they can open themselves up to believing that. I am not a big believer in "techniques". I listen to and trust my gut instinct and my heart. I speak only from my heart, and speak heart to heart. I also know that it would be great if I could find another way to help people even more quickly and faster. The discussion about "people you can't help" is something I would like to discuss further some day. I think sometimes that is assumed too quickly sometimes. I have helped people at times when others have written them off as "chronic" (and impossible to help). Just because they have a thick file does not mean that there is no way to help them. I meet each person with no preconceived notions or beliefs, no matter what is written in their files. I try to keep an open mind and an open heart, always, and you keep on doing the same.

namaste
    Cat

24. Dear Ben,
    I am slightly hesitant to wake a sleeping dragon here, but I have some things I would like to say re: this discussion. First – I do not personally know the people or the work involved. Thus, I recognize that there is a great degree of speculation required for my opinions to be formed and voiced. So, please feel free to take what I have to say with a grain of salt. Also, if you don't fee like reading any more of this I understand… but my commentary is lengthy… I have decided to chime in because this is a public forum and that’s what we’re all doing here to greater or lesser degrees. But, I don’t consider my position infallible. Second – because I don’t know you, Ben, I want to give you the benefit of the doubt. Therefore, what I have to say will be under the assumption that, a. you are a good guy, and b. you sincerely and heartfully desire to assist people that are suffering.

Okay, that said… I can relate very much to experiencing a passionate yearning to work with the suffering in the world, and trying to actively do what I can to alleviate it. In fact, sometimes I get so exited about the amazing things I have learned in this regard, that I share them with unreserved passion. And, at times this passion errs to the side of intensity and aggression. I, like you here in this discussion, have also been accused of righteousness and arrogance. What I have come to see – which I wish to ask you about today – is that if many different people, in many different environments, in many different situations, have all recognized this tendency of mine then mustn’t it be true to some extent? It doesn’t matter that I have sincere intentions. Everyone who knows me would consider me as sincere as possible. This does not mean that I can’t still be an ass. So, I am curious – have others, in others situations, told you that you are acting arrogantly, self-righteously, etc?

In my case I live in a community where we have a principle of authentic desire to grow. This means, among other things, that we vow to always be open to critical feedback. I recognize that I want to serve people who are suffering, and then further that the only way I can really do that is by living what I would advise and eliminating hypocrisy. I also see that I have a very strong personality. This has its pluses and minuses. On the minus side, it means I have a huge ego that is adept at justifying its views and ways of being. Thus, it is essential that I take reflection from outside sources if I really want to grow and expand as a human being. If I did not pause, reflect, take in, and grow every time someone told me something about myself that I didn’t want to hear then I would remain stuck in my patterns.

Again, I don’t know about the rest of your life – and you owe me no explanation, or “proof” otherwise – but, from what I have seen from my limited view on a computer screen in Bangkok, is that you have had some amazing chances to pause and self-reflect in this discussion and just say… “hmm… maybe there’s something there for me?” Instead, I see comments like, “I am none wiser” for the feedback, and I see you defending your point very strongly – sometimes coming back with even more seemingly arrogant and righteous statements. Again, this is just a perspective from a distant lens. I could be wrong. But, I know that in my life I aim to not only be okay with critical feedback, but to be grateful for it. I really couldn’t grow without it and thus, I would never realize my potential to really be of service to humanity.
    (continued next comment)

25. I know without a doubt that I experience limitations. I also understand, intellectually, that my true nature is limitless. So, that’s all I need to know – there is a gap between my experience and my potential. This means, then, that I must take in feedback if I am authentic in my desire to be who I want to be. This also means I have to not react to this feedback and have the discipline to pull back at first and just take it on the chin for a long while. I have to get used to “wearing egg on my face” and be okay with not defending my view or proving my point. This is very hard for me to do. I don’t always succeed. And, sometimes I consciously choose to answer back because it is important to do so in that situation. But, for the most part, I want to try to hold back, hold black, hold back and reflect… then, I can discover the difference between a natural response and my ego’s reaction.

I don’t know if this experience of mine is anything that you can relate to, or benefit from. I am not accusing you of anything as a matter of fact. But, I am seeing a possibility of a similarity emerging in this discussion you have been the subject of. So, I am bringing it to light for you to take or leave as you wish. I know it can be difficult when you have a lot of people around that think you are the greatest thing since sliced bread, as some of your fans clearly do. It’s a very comfortable position for the ego, and it is somewhat inevitable when you are good at what you do – as I imagine you are. This is why it is essential to also surround ourselves, as yogis, with people who rub us the wrong way and who we annoy. It is also an intricate part of the yoga tradition to hang around a LIVE, present guru that will kick your ass from time to time. I am extremely grateful for the mirrors available in my community that remind me how much my shit still stinks.

Again, I don’t know if you do, or don’t, have this in your day-to-day life. But, maybe this forum can add as a complement to your ability to serve people by offering you these mirrors. True growth, as far as I can see, always includes discomfort. It doesn’t feel good to get critical feedback. But, it feels wonderful to take it in, eat it, and gain nourishment from the negative, transforming it into the positive by growing in humility and unconditional love of self and other.

Finally, as a last means of possible reflection for you I want to share with you my opinion that there is a lot of “I” in your promotion of your work. I am certainly aware of the extraordinary possibilities of healing and expansion through yogic wisdom and methodology. And, I am very critical of the current limitations of psychotherapy as it is most widely understood. But, even with the amazing possibilities of approaching healing and trauma with the awesome science of yogic healing my understanding is that it is never “I” who heals anyone, of anything. At best, I can be a conduit of teachings I have received (which I did not invent but was graciously given), that happen to inspire something within another person that is enables them to heal themselves. I don’t know, it just appears to me that you will be an even more effective servant to your clients if you expressed a little more authentic humility about your role in this process.

I sincerely hope you read this commentary in a way that benefits you and the people you serve. This doesn’t mean I hope that you see that I am right and you agree with everything I am saying. Again, I could be wrong from where I am standing. So, either way, whether you take it or leave it… I hope it is a perspective that benefits in one way or another. It is obvious that you are in a position to help a lot of people. That is great. I am happy for that. So, if this comment serves you in any way, then the benefit will be exponential. This is my intention.
    All the best,
    Yogi

26. Ben Ralston Ben_Ralston says:

Reply to Energy of Mind's (Yogi's) comment continued:

27. cowsaregreat says:

Dear Ben,
    I like you and I like what you say. I have read most of the posts but not all and it's just silly. I love the advice of not having to defend your work or your motives. I love the quote: who you are speaks so loudly I can't hear a word you are saying. I have had the whole course of my life changed by ONE look into the eyes of the Divine known as Mother Meera. The vibration at which some beings exist on this planet can alter and heal many things. It's true it's possible. I've lived through it. I've not done any yoga for a few years but did sit at the feet of a fully divine incarnation in India and after that experience was able to go into full headstand without any effort. It was effortless. Without any practice. The lightness of mind the destruction of what is false in us that we identify with can be accomplished on many levels and instantly at the right time and if we are open. Usually those that have never experienced it are not open to it and therefore have to mount accusations against those that even discuss it. I had 5 years of therapy in younger days and that helped me and was essential but the pace of the evolution of the world is accelerated at this time and the mass destruction is here while also the higher spiritual realms and vibrations are here and can transform anything that is open to receiving them. There is no need for these mean spirited accusations on anyone. Why do people's opinions matter so much? Why do we think that we actually know what is "true". I only know one thing, what I've experienced for myself. All judgement directed at anyone is just ego projection. Anyone in a place of peace and resting in knowledge of their true Self, or even having had glimmers of it, could never see anything wrong with anything or anyone. God Bless. And keep up the good work. Let's all humbly withdraw all opinions and judgements of others and focus on our selves. Love all. Serve all. In best way you can. Focus on the big picture. Let's stop small petty arguments. Just because it can be done on the net, it seems to serve as outlet for wasting time and energy in useless discussions. Yours, in Love and Light.

28. Ben Ralston Ben Ralston says:

CowsAREgreat,
    I like you too :)
    And I love what you have to say. I can taste your peace, your light, your love, and it’s as if we’re sat face to face *connected*.
    Keep loving, keep serving, keep working… stay happy.
    Ben

29. Ben Ralston Ben_Ralston says:

Shannon,
    Please don't feel bad about what you call judgement – I call it discernment.
    Discernment is essential (and well documented as such in almost every spiritual tradition), not only in personal development / evolution, but also just as a tool for survival and success in a material world.
    Being judgmental on the other hand is about having emotional reactions towards people and situations so that you create a negative energy (karma). I don't think you were doing that at all. You were just calling it as you see it, and that's good. That's honest and real.

30. Ellen says:

Full on spiritual bypass.

31. […] Everyone from born-again Christians, Pagans, those with eclectic spiritual beliefs – whatever good mojo they brought, we would take it. Most of the time, I slept in a chair sitting up next to his bed and […]

32. […] inwardly sigh when this question is posed, not because I don’t want to spread the word about this great healing modality, but because—let’s be honest—the answer is, well…out there. Photo: Raine […]

33. Suzanne Jones Sue says:

I do think this approach is very, very valuable..especially for the populations that I work with (www.yogahope.org). The program that I am currently piloting sounds similar and I would be interested in hearing your thoughts on working with women trauma survivors. The recovering addicts that I work with have so much going on..they are not just in recovery but dealing with intimate partner violence as well as grieving for the loss of their children (many are taken from them). They are also in "talk-based" 12 step programs and in many cases, additional talk based programs. Sharing insights etc…important for women because their sense of self esteem and self worth develops through relationship. Giving them a chance to validate one another and be mutually empathetic is very important. Anyway, I'd be curious what your thoughts are. If you have time you can email me at the address on our website. Many blessings.

34. Steven says:

A lot of times our subconscious associations and beliefs manifest themselves as psychological "energy" or emotions that we experience throughout the day. I do agree, however, that we often need to deal with these problems at a deeper level, not just with our surface feelings of either "good" or "bad," but what are our underlying beliefs and associations are that cause us to experience the world in this way. Sometimes it takes a little digging around in your thoughts – that may evoke dark energy from time to time (things about yourself you weren't previously conscious of can sometimes be alarming), but often it is something that needs to be exercised and dealt with before we can move forward with a clear mind. Good article!

35. TNewYork says:

You have written something that I have always known. In psychotherapy for 15 years, the therapist had to convince me that there was no way out of the pain, when my instincts were telling me that when I identified pains and let them go, I was better. Sure there was/is a lot of shit in there so releasing one issue doesn't finish the whole job but I definitely have a sense that that one issue is healed/over/gone. I know everyone needs something different and different situations warrant different therapies but I agree that traditional psychotherapy can be a pit full of money and endless pain and despair.

36. Kit says:

Loving your work Ben – staying true to your life’s purpose and serving / helping others -we are all the same – born from love, yet so diffrent – diversity is good and life is all about learning – so “different strokes for different folks” – “one mans medicine is anothers mans poison” is what springs to mind….Plus a wise woman once told me that when others criticise an other, they are actually highlighting the negative points about themselves – coz in the bigger picture its never about others, its about thy self. I look foward to reading more of your articles & your amazing soul centred answers to others who challenge you from a place of their ego – Namaste
    Kit

37. Katharina says:

I thought this was a joke until I read the comments. Like ironic-hipster-mocking-snake-oil-therapist-promotion-joke. I was wrong and am most surprised that it still works like a charm. Respect!

38. Tanya Lee Markul tanya lee markul says:

Ben, well-done. This is very interesting and your messages really touch some deep levels. I also appreciate and feel everything that you are saying. I admire your courage to share and offer a method for healing.

I don't understand some of the comments here – it would be a lot different if everyone would take, read, perceive, etc in a positive light and with their heart scale versus being suspicious.

39. […] for the past 22 years, I am entitled to a few decades of pampering. I think it could even be a positive emotional development for me to devolve for a while. This personal growth shit is exhausting — and expensive. Let me […]

40. […] How healing / therapy / personal development just became super fast and easy! […]

41. […] above ‘quotes’ are comments in response to a single article that I originally published on Elephant […]

42. Tammy says:

I am always interested in new healing modalities but I must say that the video on the link you including felt …fake/rehearsed. Whether it was or not of course I have no idea but it left me with that feeling and that makes me question the integrity of the website. You strike me as an honest man that truly wants to help/heal people as you have been healed. Intention is a big part of any healing method. I think there is so much we don't know about the human mind and body that we should always keep an open mind about such things. My advice to anyone with questions or doubts is to do your research of course and don't "sell the farm" to pay for such things but keep an open mind and in the end trust yourself to make the right decision.

Ps…I like your picture. You look intense but your shaggy hair adds a bit of fun and free spirit. Haha, not that it matters of course but just had to comment on it because of a previous comment.

43. Cat says:

Hi
    I dont know if this is something similar to what "The Journey" seminars teach but I just attended a 3 day workshop and dug up some pretty boring stuff that has been holding me back all my life!!! I got to experience with my own body what it feels like to be pure consciousness, it kind of feels wide open and sparkling and light WOW! at that moment I realised that "I am That" which means I am all and all is me….and that I dont need to put anything from the outside into myself to be connected- because I always have been and always will be! What a powerful realisation! it's one thing reading these things and then actually experiencing it… and the path of forgiveness is the path back to the light, wow, I am so glad I did that course and the best thing is, its not rocket science! I can do it with anyone and they can lead me through it, so it wont be a costly path…
    I was actually thinking about mentioning this when I read your article about the Thai girl with the black eyes…you can reach forgiveness with and from her on a soul level. Thanks for sharing the Love! x Cat and the Crazies

44. Just reposted to "Popular Lately" on the Elephant Spirituality Homepage, in the hope of firing up some more readers into extreme angst, thereby giving you some customers :)) (just kidding :)

Braja Sorensen
    Lost & Found in India
    Editor, Elephant Spirituality
    Please go and "Like" Elephant Spirituality on Facebook

45. […] I am not ashamed or embarrassed to share that with you. I want to shout it from the rooftops. Most important I want to share that I wish I had done it sooner. What events led me to therapy? […]