It’s Namaste Abuse.

Via on May 15, 2011

Namaste Abuse.

Best youtube comment ever? It’s from this wonderful, fun, yoga-on-the-streets video via Kasey Luber.

“This comes close to Namaste Abuse.”

Yes, she’s guilty: Kasey, one-woman star and video editor of the well-known Yoga Journal Conferences, drops “Namaste” the way Jersey Shorians drop “Whattup.”

I love this video—YJ tours the yoga scenes in the five boroughs—hope you do too:

YouTube Preview Image

About elephant journal

Like this article? Leave a tip!

(We use PayPal but you don't need an account with PayPal.)

Elephriends - Mindful Affiliates

20 Responses to “It’s Namaste Abuse.”

1. Marcy says:

Totally unlike this video. What is wrong with that women?

• elephantjournal says:

Aw, don't be mean! I love Kasey, everyone I know does—she's fundamentally cheerful, kind, caring, quirky…if you have something critical to say that's great, just be more respectful and constructive instead of general and hit-and-run? ~ W.

• KaseyLuber says:

There are a lot of things wrong with me. Did you want it in list or essay format?

• Isabel says:

I think this video is fantastic. She's enjoying life and yoga! Namaste!!!

2. oneunitysourceyoga says:

Awesome!

3. Lisa says:

I love her – she is adorable. Anyone who dances to a banjo while in tree pose is alright with me – Namaste!

4. yoga-adan says:

kasey's adorable! yoga journal has the perfect front-person with her

look how she relates to people from all walks of the walking city of new york ;-)

glad i saw this, gotta go with lisa above on this, "Anyone who dances to a banjo while in tree pose is alright with me – Namaste!"

i don't think she even mind me adding, con dios, god bless you ;-) namaste…

5. What a fun way to spend the day. Thanks for sharing Kasey! Especially loved the crow pose on the concrete street divider – rock it, girl.

6. Isabel says:

I love this video! Kasey is hilarious and adorable. This video makes me smile.

7. Mike I. says:

Just got this link from a friend…Such an awesome video. More people should do yogo on the NY subway. NY would be a calmer place!

8. elephantjournal says:

From FB: #Grrreeaaaat video. Love Kasey Luber and Yoga Journal Conference. "Like" if you do too! [link/intro via Lindsey B.]
    Adan Lerma if watching this doesn't at least make you smile and feel a little good, well, geez ;-)

#
    Melanie Green cool!

9. Yogini5 says:

This is a better love note to NYC than the peace offering video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GRJmnkAU20
    Regular people live in NYC; I'm one of them, and thank YOU back.

10. What a delightful video. I enjoyed every minute of it!

Posting to Elephant Yoga on Facebook and Twitter.

Also posting to "Featured Today" on the Elephant Yoga homepage.

Bob W.
    Yoga Editor

11. curtisbrown baltmd says:

very human and wonderful!

12. Karen Hanegan says:

First time I've ever given a "thumbs down" to any YouTube video. This whole exercise was pointless – her countless "Namastes" serving just as a linchpin to advertising the yoga conference, so far as I could see. Did I mention that overly-bubbly, chatty, soo suuuper cutesy women seem very superficial to me, and I can't stand them?

• Yogini5 says:

Well, the super cutesy persona I don't like all that much, either. But you know what?
      It could have been a fail.
      Such as a public display of AcroYoga and a man-in-the-street interview in the foreground about it …
      Which would have been a way to alienate those whom you would entice to the fold.

This, for all what may have been lacking, was NO sideshow …

13. Marissa says:

YO PEEPS, this is the definition of Namaste… I think it used PERFECTLY by Kasey every time in this video:

Namaste (Devanagari: नमस्ते; formal: Namaskar) is a common spoken greeting or salutation originating from the Indian subcontinent. It is a customary greeting when individuals meet, and a salutation upon their parting. It is the common greeting in India. In Nepal, younger persons usually initiate the exchange with their elders. Initiating the exchange is seen as a sign of respect in other hierarchical settings.

When spoken to another person, it is commonly accompanied by a slight bow made with hands pressed together, palms touching and fingers pointed upwards, in front of the chest. This gesture, called Añjali Mudrā (or Pranamasana), can also be performed wordlessly and carries the same meaning.

14. [...] Photo of me with the mysterious shoulder-only—that’s all she would modestly allow—of the more-or-less-anonymous Yogadork herself at last week’s NYC Yoga Journal conf, below. Yes, that’s our idolette Seane Corn in the background, with our friend Kasey Luber. [...]

15. [...] Kasey Luber of Big Happy Day finds herself accidentally in the middle of a massive comic book conference! [...]