Catching Thoughts: A link to the most f*cked up film you’ll ever see.

Via on May 8, 2011

I just discovered ‘Earthlings’. You can stream it at the link. I felt like I needed a therapist after watching part 1. I challenge you to watch it and then come back here and use the comments section to decompress. If you’re scared to watch it and think you can’t: Good.  You may just value your life more if you do and save a few lives too. Do it anyway. I did.

-Aurora

YouTube Preview Image

About Celia Aurora de Blas

Celia Aurora de Blas is an Actress, Producer and Yoga Nidra teacher in Los Angeles. By being honest and public about her path in changing herself, she intends to help others by example. "Change is challenging, but it helps when we see others do what we're trying to do. It makes it less scary."

(We use super-secure PayPal—but don't worry—you don't need an account with PayPal.)

Elephriends - Mindful Affiliates

27 Responses to “Catching Thoughts: A link to the most f*cked up film you’ll ever see.”

1. Naheed says:

The most I can say, HUMANS ARE CRUEL. But God has sent down some on this earth who really care about his creations. I am in tears. I want to know if anything is done to save these animals from this cruelty?

2. droidmedia says:

John Schneider from Dukes of Hazzard – Here's a video he posted: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XV6pkFBuf1E

3. vin says:

Your video was so profound. Please know that there are people just like you making the journey just like yours.

I have just watched the trailer of Earthlings for the second time, and I cannot bear to see the full movie. I am full of remorse, guilt and anger as to how could the situation have been shielded from my eyes for so long?

I have never wept like I did after I watched the trailer, it was deep and gasping as I ventured into the depths of my soul constantly asking myself "Why?"

My view has shifted, and I will continue to educate and liberate my mind.

Thank you for your personal video, it echoes many of my own thoughts. I just want to wish you to keep strong, and know that there are plenty of people just like you out there, making that same journey.

We are not alone.

4. Charles says:

Its heartbreaking too that people were once treated this way…

Reminds me of the PETA vids…thats all I needed to see–don't need to watch this one. Too much. I'll become a violent vegetarian..lol

• Ben_Ralston says:

Once? People are treating each other like this all over the world, all the time.
      If we had a situation where humans treated each other with respect and love, then the animals would also be ok. But the way we treat animals in this world is purely and simply a reflection of global human consciousness – dark. Look at what is happening all over the Middle East; Africa; Afghanistan; Iraq; China; Saudi Arabia… and if you think that we in the West are so much better, don't. We bankroll the dictators, and turn a blind eye when there is oil involved.
      The treatment of animals will not improve until humans learn self-respect. Then everything will change.

5. kirsten says:

i had to turn it off only moments into the horrendous visuals bombarding the screen. as a pa rt-time veghead I have been struggling to give up fish and all dairy for many years now but recently things like this flick and the book world peace diet have found me renewing my determination to live an animal-consumption free life. thank-you for sharing this hear wrenching vid.

6. Rachel says:

I became vegan the day I saw Earthlings. I was vegetarian for nearly 20 years before but after seeing the ins and outs of the dairy industry and the other associated cruelty I knew I wanted no involvement with such extreme cruelty. Although it is the hardest thing I have ever watched, I cried throughout and felt so angry – but I am pleased I did, I think everyone should see it. It leaves images ingrained on your memory but I think it makes you strive to do better for our fellow earth inhabitants. They deserve a right to life as much as we do.

7. Shama'an la Sombra says:

I was recently asking myself the question ' why are people cruel?', and I am still asking. But the question here is 'how do I deal with it?' You covered part of it. We cry and we change, but also, we hug each other. Of course, that means much more than what the words say. Blessed be.

8. Jeet says:

I have a pretty high tolerance, thanks to years of self-discipline, but since sappy movies make me emotional, I am not sure if this won't. I will watch it, and hope that even if it does not change my eating habits completely, it would at least set the ball rolling. I already have done so myself, by trying to drastically reduce non-vegetarian food, but I am yet to completely give up! But I will watch it – even if it is hard! Sometimes a kick on the seat of one's pants is all one needs to be at least more active in his ways rather than let things take their sweet time! Thanks for sharing!

• Aurora says:

Sometimes we do need a kick in the pants. Sometimes we just need the smallest nudge. You're right. If there is any change for you, I'm happy that you watched it. Thanks for being open to it.

9. Laurie Ney says:

Understand that you can help by not allowing the government to pass laws that make it a terrorist act to take video and photos like those used in this film. Please educate yourself so that you can educate others. If these laws are passed we will have removed a very powerful tool for saving animals!!

10. Laurie Ney says:

Sadly, I brought this movie home and asked my non vege husband to watch it with me. He watched it all the way through and then went out and bought a meat burrito from Del Taco. He said to me that that is what animals are for, they taste good, and he had no intention of changing his eating habits. I still love him, but look at him very differently now. I am trying not to judge, but it is difficult.

11. Earthlings is a movie that should be mandatory viewing for everyone ! It is powerful and transformational. Thank you for your sharing and vulnerability *

12. Kelly says:

Thank you, Celia. If they can suffer it, we can witness it. Looking away helps everyone to live in a cocoon that perpetuates the untold horror that is committed against the voiceless. The footage in Earthlings is the tip of the iceberg.

We NEED to be outraged because the suffering is outrageous. All the meat eaters and dairy consumers I know profess to an INABLITY to watch the footage, saying that it's too upsetting. As if changing their eating habits is some gargantuan undertaking.

We ALL bear responsibility, and getting control of our own diets is the first step we can take (a very nominal step). Animal experiments, the pet industry, the fur industry, the zoos and aquariums and circuses… it's all within our power to change in our own communities. It takes involvement on a regional government level – pocket change when you think about how busy your life is but priceless to the change for the voiceless.

13. shelly says:

I know I should watch it, but I choose not to. This does not mean I am not moved and torn and feel what I'm supposed to feel as am empathetic human being. I know the extent of what is being depicted just by reading the comments. There was a time a few years back, when I would have been able to view it. But I have become so sensitive to the pain going on in the world being done to other humans and the animal kingdom alike. I am not looking away, I just can't bear so much of the truth of what the human race has become and continues to be.
    I am trying to find a different thread to follow here. The abominations witnessed are easily identified. But what can we do?

We are moved. We are trying to make sense of it, but we should just give this up, it makes no sense. Its about ego, money, being so hardened to the suffering of living creatures that we can justify this cruelty by saying how good it tastes. We all know this mentality of meat eaters and those that have no intention to even think about changing, even after they see this. The human ego has an amazing power to justify all the pain that it causes.
    Be a part of the transformation and the awakening going on, because we see it. We here who are moved are the catalysts for the changes that are starting. We want it to change overnight, of course we do. But as we know, it can't.
    It will be a step by step process. Starting with us as the small seeds of human compassion and simple common sense.
    It's all about love. And there is so much still missing in the world.

• Aurora says:

I know how you feel, Shelly. I've become way more sensitive to pain as well. I actually couldn't go back and watch the rest of the documentary. I saw enough. I get it. I got it awhile ago. xoxoxo

14. Aurora says:

Thank You, Alice.

15. a beautiful movie that I stumbled upon last night was SNOWWALKER. It shows a part of a man's journey after a plane crash. He is accompanied by a inuit woman and it shows the most beautiful scenery, as well as, using animals respectfully to live and survive in a way that I wish was still possible in this world.

16. Aurora says:

Thank you thundecloudcat. It's nice to have a contrasting film to go to. I appreciate it!!!

17. Kelly says:

"Just" because of the animals? I'm reminded of Kevin Kjonaas' comment to someone who asked him "All this for animals?" He said, "Yes. All this for animals." :)