“Best Wedding Proposal Ever !!” Ermmm…not so sure.

Via on Jun 12, 2011

True Love in a Mall, with Corporate Sponsors.

The Targetification of Love: Reality TV does unto Marriage as it has already done unto America.

Sure, there are exceptions: reality TV can be a force for good (and get top ratings). And yes, there are plenty of moments of joy and sweetness and heart in this video. But it’s all pasted over with schmaltz. Something feels wrong, tacky, at least to me.

Decide for yourself:

YouTube Preview Image

Best Wedding Proposal Ever !! – MOBBED at The Americana at Brand, Glendale, CA

Another copy:

YouTube Preview Image

Here’s one I looooovvvved:

A Real Life Love Story: this Video a Wedding Present. {I challenge you not to get chills at 2:36 in}

About Waylon Lewis

13 Responses to ““Best Wedding Proposal Ever !!” Ermmm…not so sure.”

1. Penny says:

I got four minutes into it and had to stop. I'd like my four minutes back, please.

2. Ramesh R says:

I think the divorce will be more memorable and equally entertaining …

3. I'm such a sucker. I cried.

4. elephantjournal says:

#
    Cynthia B Seems that the marching band would have been sufficient without all that other stuff.

#
    Edward J Couldn't get past the first 5 seconds

#
    Karen S What girl doesn't want her marriage proposal to start off with some fear, confusion and tears?

#
    Tonya W I guess… To each his own.

#
    Deanna K that was lame. i guess something is better than nothing?

#
    Sara W yea..dont love..

#
    Katherine C Well, dude probably never could have afforded or arranged for all of that on his own. Seems like a win, win, win. Would I want that? No, but you gotta give props to the guy for going all out. I'm not convinced she didn't know anything though, she seemed a little too composed at the end. :o)

5. [...] editor, Waylon, just posted something condescending about something called “The Best Wedding Proposal ever.” I think we can do [...]

6. techshaman says:

Another great example of the exploitation and manipulation of human emotion for crass commercial gain. As far as people's willingness to participate in all these types of increasingly popular events, I'm reminded of the following apocryphal exchange:

Churchill: Madam, would you sleep with me for five million pounds?
    Socialite: My goodness, Mr. Churchill! Well, I suppose – we would have to discuss terms, naturally.
    Churchill: Would you sleep with me for five pounds?
    Socialite: Mr. Churchill, what kind of woman do you think I am?!
    Churchill: Madam, we’ve already established that. Now we are haggling about the price.

7. Kristen says:

Wow. That had to be a nightmare to plan! That guy had a LOT of help. It's crazy but kind of sweet in a way.

8. I can't believe I watched the whole thing.

9. MelindaRoseT says:

tacky? yes
    corny? incredibly
    unnecessary? of course

good thing that it really doesn't matter what I think. :) She looked happy and that brought a smile to my face!

10. It could be a loose heat shield or the pistons and the noise normally subsides when the motor is hot. What kind of mileage does it have?

11. wedding fair says:

Leuke site met trouwdag tips.

12. Jeannine Marsell says:

Hi,I tried the rapidslim sx and also had similar problems. I’ve tried all different diets, and the weight loss is only temporary. I finally tried diet pills on the market are made from Hoodia. I saw this stuff on ABC News. It’s all natural and safe, and it works! My wife took it for a month and dropped 20 pounds. I took it for a month and lost about 13 (but I didn’t exercise).