9 Ways to Elevate Your Consciousness – Right Now.
1. Into our lives, a few flakes must fall. But, you don’t have to be one, too! Occasionally we have to bail on plans, but stop flaking for no good reason and if you do, fess up – tell the truth. The truth sets us free and doesn’t leave a pile of unfinished BS between friends. Show up for life and follow-through! Sometimes the way to discover truth is to become aware of just how untruthful we are (to ourselves and to everyone).
The second yama, or restraint, offered by Patanjali in The Yoga Sutras is Satya: truth, truthfulness and honesty. How do you live truthfulness in your life? How does truthfulness show up in your life?
2. ‘O’ is not for obstacle but for opportunity. What do you do when you find yourself in a challenging situation? What do you do when something unexpectedly changes your course? Freak out? Stress? Over eat? Take it out on loved ones or complete strangers? Make life an adventure, don’t focus on the obstacles, but seek and find the opportunity within them. This is the path. You are alwayson it, become more aware of it.
3. We don’t have to take our own crap any longer. No super guru, diet or religion can fix you. Only you can fix you. There are no answers at the bottom of any bottle. Wake up and stop being a slave to your five senses, your checklist, your sorrows and the past. Deal with your sh*t, pop the ‘it’s impossible’ bubble and own up. You have what it takes and you already have all the answers within you. You are an unlimited genius, stronger than you’ll ever imagine. Believe it. Do it.
Until you run out of excuses, your life will never change.
4. Consciousness vs. Clones. Which are you? You are consciousness of course, but most don’t even realize it. Most of the ‘world’ around us makes us feel powerless, small, tired, sick and ignorant. Learn to see the truth! War is not peace, slavery is not freedom, and ignorance is not strength. De-program and detoxify. When we are toxic emotionally, mentally, physically and spiritually, we crave the wrong things and we let the wrong things in. Remove what holds you in an unnatural state.
The Matrix is a system, Neo. That system is our enemy. But when you’re inside, you look around, what do you see? Businessmen, teachers, lawyers, carpenters. The very minds of the people we are trying to save. But until we do, these people are still a part of that system, and that makes them our enemy. You have to understand, most of these people are not ready to be unplugged. And many of them are so inured, so hopelessly dependent on the system, that they will fight to protect it. – Morpheus, The Matrix
May all beings have happiness and the causes of happiness. May all beings be free from suffering and the causes of suffering. May all beings never be parted from freedom’s true joy. May all beings dwell in equanimity, free from attachment and aversion. – Brahma Viharas
6. There isn’t only one winner. Many of us do not follow our dreams or our intuition due to fear of failure or because the expectations around us are not real and realistic (stop judging yourself by what you see on television and magazines). When we are fearful we do not operate at our fullest potential. We then typically live a compassionless life of regret, envy, and suspicion. We underestimate our abilities so much that we relinquish who we are for distorted media and toxic behavior. We believe it is not possible to feel alive or to feel happy with who we are. We give up so much for nothing. How can we not love who we are in this precious life?
7. Do not be ashamed. This life is about de-programming and it is about rediscovering our true selves. Thousands of years upon years of suppression have made it difficult for us to feel nothing but trials and tribulation. We can change this. We are changing this. Each of us have a vital part to play – believe it. Don’t be embarrassed by your mistakes, who you were or where you have come from just believe in yourself, and when you feel you don’t know what to offer or feel you don’t have it in you to offer much of anything, offer hope.
Rise like the lions after slumber, invanquishable in number. Shake your chains to earth like dew which in sleep had fallen on you – ye are many, they are few. – Percy Shelley
8. The path is already mapped out for you. You just have to follow the clues. You already chose to exist; now you have to understand why.
What man needs is to find himself again and to understand that nothing can save him from himself not even a valid proof of the existence of God. – Jean-Paul Sartre
9. Infinite love is the only truth. Rediscover what you thought was lost…your inner strength that has the ability to move mountains, your uniqueness that plays an imperative role in this life, your inner beauty that is breathless and beyond words, your infinite nature that connects you to all beings, life forms, the ever giving Earth and the Universe. Let us go back to our truest form where our deepest, most important virtue exists: to live in harmony with one another.
“Love is life. All, everything that I understand, I understand only because I love. Everything is, everything exists, only because I love. Everything is united by it alone. Love is God, and to die means that I, a particle of love, shall return to the general and eternal source.” – Leo Tolstoy
Photo credit: sun
hot on elephant
July’s Full Moon in Capricorn: The Heart wants what it Wants. How to Love a Woman who Scares You. The 4 Stages of a Good Divorce. Our Soulmates are Rarely Who We Expect. I Still Think of You. Men, Let’s Stop Fooling Ourselves: Size Matters. Reading This Takes Guts. To the One Who Tried to Break Me. An Open Letter to the Fixers. How your Stored Memories in the Amygdala can lead to PTSD.