We are cups, constantly and quietly being filled. The trick is knowing how to tip ourselves over and let the beautiful stuff out. ~Ray Bradbury
Ajna chakra essential questions:
Do I trust my intuition?
What behavior and thought patterns can I identify in my life?
What inspires me?
What beliefs do I have that cause me to judge another person negatively?
What would I like to know more about?
6th chakra thoughts: Soak up knowledge, add experience, get wisdom. Everyone is a teacher. Pay close attention. The precious people in our lives — from parents to partners to passersby — are mirrors for the best and worst in us. Be thankful for them. Listen to your intuition. Turn your attention inward. Moment to moment, as much as possible, follow your natural flow of energy: sleep when tired; eat when hungry; dance when you feel like it. Don’t fight to be something other than you are.
6th chakra poem:
living in questions.
How can I unfold?
What if I don’t grasp?
What if it doesn’t matter what happens?
Who is my best self, after all?
What is my intention for this day?
No plans, no goals.
Can I stay open?
Can I let my heart keep shining?
How do I practice metta + mindfulness?
What is life but motion from moment to moment?
- The element of ajna chakra is LIGHT, so practicing in natural light helps balance and heal this chakra. Pay attention to the amount of light in your home and adjust it for your needs. Less light brings coziness; more lifts drudgery. Spend a few minutes paying attention to sunlight through trees.
- Strengthening exercises for the eyes. For example, pretend like you are looking at an internal clock face and hold your eyes 3-5 seconds at each number.
- Keep a dream journal; write in it first thing each morning.
- Gentle supported forward bends such as lying over a bolster in balasana (child’s pose).
- Kundalini Rising Meditation
Imagine by John Lennon
Within You Without You by The Beatles
Redemption Song by Bob Marley
See-Line Woman by Nina Simone
Do You Realize? by The Flaming Lips
Third eye chakra literature:
Rediscovering Joy and Creativity in your Daily Life by Benjamin Riggs
Opening the Chakras
Creative Visualization by Shakti Gawain
Grace and Grit by Ken Wilbur
Cutting through Spiritual Materialism by Chogyam Trongpa
hot on elephant
The 4 Stages of a Good Divorce. A Letter to my Children: You do not come from a Broken Home. These People are Rare Gems—Keep Them, Fight for Them, don’t Give Up on Them. Mom, can I Call her Mom, Too? Jon Stewart makes first appearance since retiring—”it’s not your country.” Waylon shares 10 transformingly beautiful Quotes about Love. 40 Things I’ve Learned in 40 Years. Dear Woman in the White Car at Margaritas Mexican Grill in West Memphis, Arkansas on July 15th, 2012. When your Heart is Wounded, I will Hold your Hand. Hot Love with a Leo.